Don't forget your gun when you take a shower

And some think I was being a little silly one time when I said to take your gun to the bathroom if you were taking a shower or doing your business.
Remember Pulp Fiction? Travolta got popped with his own weapon by Willis when he left it in the kitchen and went to drop the kids off at the pool. Of course he deserved it. :)
  • Like 2

I'm guilty, ninety-nine percent of the time I have a weapon within arms reach of me. Except when going to shower or taking care of my bid-ness. My bid-ness has been known to change the color of the bathroom walls, involuntary nose hair electrolysis and vapors even corroding rubber, plastic and especially metal.

I've never had a problem while on the "throne". It has repelled family and friend alike for decades and I see no reason why my perfume would not repel anyone else?

I'll personally play the 99 - 1 odds and not taint my weapon. Many a friend and family member has gone to the E.R. with internal nose trauma   :up:

• Like 2

Most people don't realize that the bathroom is the most vulnerable room in your home. I bet not over 5% of gun owners take a gun to the bath room for what ever reason. If your going to close the door you are vulnerable at that point. I never shower during the day. I shower at night and never at same time two nights in a row. I don't have a security system but I do have motion lighting all around my house and my old dog can actually hear the lights come on and she barks every time which alerts me to the fact something or someone tripped the lights. I shower when she is inside and if anyone tries to enter my house with door locked she lets me know it quite well. I do have a gun in my bathroom while I am in there. It goes in with me and comes out with me.....................jmho

• Like 1

Still...you gotta wonder why this man was selected/targeted. Todays report says guns and money were taken from him. Someone knew he had weapons?

My guess is he is a business man in the community and the news is not releasing his name because he may handle large sums of money for his business and probably is armed when doing so and that would explain the guns taken..............just guessing. maybe they will share more as time goes on. and on another note how do they know there was a 5th guy if only 4 people robbed the house unless he was the driver of the getaway van and never went in? Only 4 were seen by victim yet 5 th one is being sought?

Edited by bersaguy
I always have a handgun in the bathroom when I am in the shower. When showering, I feel as though I can't hear well enough, even though the door to the bathroom is open. I do have two alarms if someone tries to enter the house. One is a pit bull and the other is a lab. They give me plenty of time to grab a towel and my gun.
Guest Emtdaddy1980
Couldnt help but picture the scene in "big jake" where john wayne shotguns the badguy through the wooden shower door.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
[quote name="dralarms" post="1117612" timestamp="1393534132"]And that's why I have 2 in my bathroom and don't take a shower until my alarm is armed.[/quote] Exactly. I will never again (if it's in my power) live without an alarm system. It's a truly great asset. No one comes or goes with your knowledge. Even when disarmed our doors and windows chime when opened.