Glock mags... Why so expensive?

I don't get it, but why are Glock mags so expensive?

Seems $30 is just a bit much for what it is (21 45acp 13rd mags) since you can get stuff like PMAG's for as cheap as they are. :shrug:

I haven't owned a Glock before this Gen4 45acp and wasn't much in to pistols, but have they always been so high for mags?
  • Admin Team

Glock owners don't get to complain about magazine prices...

It's probably one of the strongest selling points for the platform.  You can walk into just about any gun shop in America and walk out with a magazine.  $30 is cheap when you're looking at a factory magazine.  Clearly you can go cheaper when looking at KCI or other type equivalents.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see them cheaper, only that I'm thankful when I compare them to some magazines I've bought over the years.

• Like 4

Could be worse, but I agree we're spoiled by Pmags.  Glock magazines in this market are some of the more reasonably priced ones out there.  Bottom line is that's what people will pay.  You might be able to do a little better than $30 for new ones.  I just ordered some police trade-in 17s for about $18 shipped.

• Like 1

Glock owners don't get to complain about magazine prices...

It's probably one of the strongest selling points for the platform.  You can walk into just about any gun shop in America and walk out with a magazine.  $30 is cheap when you're looking at a factory magazine.  Clearly you can go cheaper when looking at KCI or other type equivalents.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see them cheaper, only that I'm thankful when I compare them to some magazines I've bought over the years.

The 45acp model 21 mags haven't been easy to find. And when I do find one or two of them, they want too much!

Outpost Armory had 2 overpriced, but had slews of 9mm mags, etc.

If you want to talk about impossible to find mags, try the FNH FN Five-seveN! FNH doesn't even show them in stock on their own web store! :lol:

Seems $30 is just a bit much for what it is (21 45acp 13rd mags) since you can get stuff like PMAG's for as cheap as they are. :shrug:

I haven't owned a Glock before this Gen4 45acp and wasn't much in to pistols, but have they always been so high for mags?

What are you talking about? Glock magazines are the cheapest pistol magazines made. Also, if you're paying $30 you're getting ripped off. 

As MacGyver said, it's one of the main reasons why I won't buy a Walther or H&K, I'm not willing to pay $50 for a magazine.

http://www.ammunitiondepot.com/Factory-Original-Glock-21-45-ACP-13-Round-Magazine-p/mf21113.htm

Yeah, try an FNH FNX series. I have six mags though they come with three outta the box and in all fairness at least mine are pretty much all steel compared to the H&K USP all poly mags, that's some screwed up stuff man.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/650503/fnh-magazine-fn-fnx-9-9mm-luger-17-round-stainless-steel-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Edited by whitewolf001

Why so high?  That is the market.  :rofl:

There are several internet sites with reasonable pricing, low to no shipping, and no sales tax.  If you are not in a hurry, I would then recommend those sites.  Here are a few, there are many others, I would also recommend checking out the TGO vendors too:

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=GLOCK-MAGS

http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines.html?brand=361

http://www.glockmeister.com/High-Capacity/products/32/

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/26_27_489/Glock/

http://www.gunbroker.com/Glock-Firearms/Browse.aspx?Keywords=Glock&Cats=4014

What are you talking about? Glock magazines are the cheapest pistol magazines made. Also, if you're paying $30 you're getting ripped off. 
As MacGyver said, it's one of the main reasons why I won't buy a Walther or H&K, I'm not willing to pay $50 for a magazine.

http://www.ammunitiondepot.com/Factory-Original-Glock-21-45-ACP-13-Round-Magazine-p/mf21113.htm

You still got to calculate shipping and handling in there. ;)
Ehh, I don't care what other pistol mags cost. But I think they're all too high for that they are. None of them are made out of much.

I think it's time Magpul got in to making pistol mags! :) Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1
It is not fair to compare Pmags(an aftermarket company) to factory Glock magazines. What if you were buying Colt magazines? Some of the foreign Glock mags are cheap though. I would like to think that a lot of the money for magazines is going to the NRA and 2nd amendment fighting lobbiest.

In general, magazines should be a lot cheaper product than what they are, a Pez dispenser is a spring loaded plastic sleeve that cost 1/20th of what the cheapest pistol magazine cost.

You still got to calculate shipping and handling in there. ;)

How much do you think they should cost? If you think they are expensive now, just wait until they pass another AWB.

Buy em now while they are cheap and stack em deep. I agree that if Magpul could start making Glock magazines at half the price I'd buy em by the case.

Edited by Erik88

Buy an M&P, then complain about Glock factory mags.  Last ones I ordered for my 9Pro were $57 each plus shipping and took 15 months on backorder from an online discount vendor.

In the meantime, I bought 14 Glock factory mags for $23 each at G&L.

When AR mags (namely Magpuls) hit the "We're all gonna' DIE" radar, they were selling for $100-150 each and idiots were buying them.

Same issue as .22 ammo, if it's too expensive, stop looking and find something else to look for/play with.

Mac

Academy had them for years @$25 and just jumped up ten dollars and it looks like others have increased also. At the large shows

someone always had police trade ins for $12-16 dollars and have not seen that in a couple years. I think most people that have 

extras are holding on to them waiting for the next event that will put the up to $60 overnight,thus not many used ones around.

Still better than other lesser guns ,Ruger,Hk,S&W,Colt,Sig,&FN

I did get a surprise on Glock Mags last month as I was trying to buy some used G-23 mags and told the guy I did not want any of the old  U top non drop fee mags,and he said You won't be getting any because they sell on internet for  around  $75 because

people in Mass. can only legally own those. 

Guest semiautots

They used to be $17 then $20.  Now they are $25.  Pretty cheap!  Buy as many as you can, as you can't have too many!  Vector makes a 28 round Glock 21 mag if you want a real hi-cap.

Guest semiautots

I did get a surprise on Glock Mags last month as I was trying to buy some used G-23 mags and told the guy I did not want any of the old  U top non drop fee mags,and he said You won't be getting any because they sell on internet for  around  $75 because

people in Mass. can only legally own those. 

Time to trade in the old, crappy mags!

Like someone else stated...if you think Glock mags are high, you ought to try HK...

I would gladly pay $30 per mag for a handful of them for my M&P 9 which are $40-$45 IF you can find them. The $25-$30 mags are the only reason I have been considering buying a Glock. Guess you're not getting sympathy you had hoped for on this one huh ;)