AK pic thread

that_guy

Here's my uber high end WASR. :)  Apparently the rumors are true that they've sobered up the Romanians on the line some and take a bit more care on this end at CIA too, everything is straight. Mag wooble, yes, but not loose enough to rattle when carrying or anything, so good enough for moi.

WASR.jpg

Added sling, UTG butt pad (yes I'm a wimp, first 120 rounds left a bruise on my widdle shoulder), and a QD UTG side rail mount with a cheapo 4x scope. The "Sniper" scope is second one I've bought, 24 clams!, with rings!,  and the first one has held up well on one of my ARs for quite a few rounds -- knock on wood but if they last will be the most solid firearm related purchases ever. Oh yeah, also put a bolt buffer in there, definitely nice to take away the metal on metal feel and sound.

Oddly, the unfinished wood is solid, not the plywood laminate pictured at CIA or Buds,  with solid steel buttpad, no hole in it or stock for cleaning kit. Seems quite nice actually.  I'm gonna take all the wood off and tung oil it over a couple weeks if I can get to where I don't feel compelled to shoot it every few days!

- OS

I just ordered one of those buttpads, well worth it.  I don't care what anybody says.

I just ordered one of those buttpads, well worth it.  I don't care what anybody says.

Yeah, it's like shooting a .22 now, comfort-wise.

Was just a bit loose on mine, didn't take much drag against something to pull it off. Couple squares of double sided tape cures that if yours is too.

I didn't realize till someone told me on another forum, but this is apparently modeled after an actual pad that was issued for use with grenade launcher.

- OS

Wonder if it could be classified as an arm brace on a AK pistol?

I could see someone making that argument. just put your arm all the way through the hole in the handle and make an 80o angle with your arm. Let's do it!!!

Edited by that_guy

I'm sure you know already, but that 56-2 is worth a lot of money..

It's an AKS-762 , but yes I do. I remember when I bought it for about $329 new ! :)

I wish I had bought a Legend back then ....I think there were only 400 of these sent to the USA with the Galil stock. Edited by Fourtyfive

It's an AKS-762 , but yes I do. I remember when I bought it for about $329 new ! :)
I wish I had bought a Legend back then ....I think there were only 400 of these sent to the USA with the Galil stock.

Doh! That's right. The T56-2 has the little has the little bakelite thing on the folder I think.

I'll give you back your $329 for it :D

Very nice!

Im still looking for a vector arms underfolder... sold my vepr and arsenal when i married my first wife. If anyone comes across one for dale please let me know! Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

there's a few on akfiles. or you could put up a wtb ad somewhere.

Guest BCR#1

Here are all of mine...........................

NIB early import type 56

[URL=http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/fullauto01/media/DSC02235_zps5f1877e3.jpg.html]DSC02235_zps5f1877e3.jpg[/URL]

Maadi ARM

[URL=http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/fullauto01/media/Maadicrutch.jpg.html]Maadicrutch.jpg[/URL]

Bulgarian 74

[URL=http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/fullauto01/media/AKS74001.jpg.html]AKS74001.jpg[/URL]

Two Hungarians

[URL=http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/fullauto01/media/Hungariancollection.jpg.html]Hungariancollection.jpg[/URL]

Yugo M70B1

[URL=http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/fullauto01/media/YugoM70B1001.jpg.html]YugoM70B1001.jpg[/URL]

Here's my latest project while I'm waiting on the Manticore handguard. I gave a shot at the Asura's copy of the Zenit B-10 to see how it would work. I got the Asura becasue i didn't want to spend on the real one without knowing if it were even possible. Let's just say it doesn't fit with out a good deal of work. While this one "fits" I could do a lot better on a second attempt now that I know all the parts that have to be modified. Top is an old beat up Yugo handguard that I painted to match to see if i liked it. BTW - the handguard itself is a very well made copy of the Zenit for less. I love the ergonomics. It is very thin and handles well. The light rail on the side is a bit out of spec. The gaps are too narrow, but a little file work can fix that. i suspect that the Zenit rail would not have this problem. 

IMG_20140428_202106094_HDR.jpg

Here's my latest project while I'm waiting on the Manticore handguard. I gave a shot at the Asura's copy of the Zenit B-10 to see how it would work. I got the Asura becasue i didn't want to spend on the real one without knowing if it were even possible. Let's just say it doesn't fit with out a good deal of work. While this one "fits" I could do a lot better on a second attempt now that I know all the parts that have to be modified. Top is an old beat up Yugo handguard that I painted to match to see if i liked it. BTW - the handguard itself is a very well made copy of the Zenit for less. I love the ergonomics. It is very thin and handles well. The light rail on the side is a bit out of spec. The gaps are too narrow, but a little file work can fix that. i suspect that the Zenit rail would not have this problem. 

IMG_20140428_202106094_HDR.jpg

Well, I think I found my new concealed carry weapon...

Some pretty nice ak's here. Keep 'em coming!

Oh, and as of right now, I am collecting parts for the ultimate khyber pass AK. I will post a pic of the parts whenever I get around to collecting them all.

I have a problem. :) As I mentioned before I regret ever letting my first Vepr get away so I figured I'd get another one while I could and came across a pretty decent deal. Refinished the wood since this one came with a really light brown finish. It was nice, but I prefer a darker/redder stain. I also did some trigger work and am going to replace the YHM brake with a '74. I'm using the Bushnell AR223 till Primary Arms can get their 1-6 back in stock. Other than that I'm thinking I may leave the wood on this one ... for a while. It's really comfortable and it's nice wood. 

IMG_20140415_084719380_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140415_084749698_HDR.jpg

Very nice. When this one hits the block...think about that 40 you want. LOL

Very nice. When this one hits the block...think about that 40 you want. LOL

And there I was thinking i was going to keep this one. :)  Well I will for awhile at least. Decided to drop the wood (weight). Just got the CSS handguard on and am still waiting for Bonesteel to send me a prototype of his Ultralight folder. Should be interesting, but far from traditional. ;)

You know you can't tempt a weak man like that. Like Mike and Ike's in front of this fat kid!

And there I was thinking i was going to keep this one. :)  Well I will for awhile at least. Decided to drop the wood (weight). Just got the CSS handguard on and am still waiting for Bonesteel to send me a prototype of his Ultralight folder. Should be interesting, but far from traditional. ;)

You know you can't tempt a weak man like that. Like Mike and Ike's in front of this fat kid!

We'll see what happens for both of us. I tried to get mechanically's 40 to have as a shooter, but we just couldn't get together on a deal. That actually was thinking towards a time this might leave me.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what you do with the rifle. Must say I like the wood stocks more than folders, but the thumbhole stock is a bit massive.

We will keep I touch. I hope to be in Monday or Tuesday. I have another piece of crap coming in.

Here's a few I've had. Many are in other members hands now ;) There have been more but, this is all I have pictures for.

My first Saiga conversion, when they were cheap. :) Red Jacket did the front end work on this one ... before their show started ;)

SaigaConversion1st3.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

A couple more Saiga conversions. This is one with a Tantal side folder. Pain in the rear to get to work.

GEDC0117.jpg

Same gun different setup.

GEDC0983.jpg

Polish Tantal. Couldn't pass it up when Classic was blowing them out under $400!

PolishTantal.jpg

One of the early Vepr's when you could buy them for under $500 unconverted. Wish I had this one back. Threaded the barrel on this one.

VEPR1Nathan-PCsconflictedcopy2013-03-10.

Actually the only Wasr, I ever owned. Great gun.

Wasr10.jpg

Mak90 with Ironwood furniture that I finished myself. Beautiful milled Mak. Had to thread the end of this one too.

Mak90-1.jpg

Saiga .308 14.5" barrel with pinned '74 brake. Incredibly fun and accurate gun! At least I know the guy who ended up with this one. If the kids didn't eat so much I'd still have this one! :)

IMAG1359-1.jpg

Traded the Mak90 for this Saiga 12 and then traded this one for a PSL. I have a habit.

Saiga12.jpg

Draco SBR. One of the most fun projects I did and a one of a kind with the handguard.

IMAG1088.jpg

Current M92. Waiting to be SBR'd. Also added a Manticore Arms NightBrake. Waiting on Manticore to release their HG!

M92.jpg

So you hate AK's? Very nice collection sir.

• Like 1
IMG_20140415_084719380_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140415_084749698_HDR.jpg[/quote]

Mr. Gone, with your scope mounted on that nice wood stocked Vepr how much better does it group for you?

I'm terrible when trying to use classic AK sights. I need to at least try using a peep sight I guess.

Very nice Vepr!