Be careful of I.E.B's

K191145

(Improvized Exploding Biscuits)

After putting up groceries from Publix this morning I heard a Boom, it wasn't loud but a noise that shouldn't have happened so I looked around to see what may have fallen then it hit me, I immediatly knew. Seems that this is the 2nd. time a tube of Publix brand Butter Me Not biscuits blew it's top. The last one I didn't hear of find for a day or two and they were ruined but this one I had to cook so I wouldn't waste them. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else ever had a Publix brand biscuit tube blow its top? Seems they have a packaging problem.

Make them homemade from scratch like we do ! And I am not an old fart either .  I have made my own biscuits all my life from scratch even when I was in my teens . My mom was and still is  a great southern cook .  And if you want , make extra that are raw and freeze them for a quick meal. 

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 6

This has been the subject of an urban legend.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/safety/biscuit.asp

These biscuits wern't even hot, the tube was still cold when I put them in the rotter drawer in the fridge and the pressure blew out 4 biscuits. I can see them exploading with greater force in a hot car so the story I would say is possible. BAM. Hit in the back of the head with a gooey mess, that might freak me out for a second.

Make them homemade from scratch like we do ! And I am not an old fart either .  I have made my own biscuits all my life from scratch even when I was in my teens . My mom was and still is  a great southern cook .  And if you want , make extra that are raw and freeze them for a quick meal. 

Too lazy. I have before with Bisquick.

My ex-girlfriend was standing in line at Food City one night waiting to check out. When I called to see what was taking so long she stuck a can of biscuits under her arm cause her arms were full. After about 2 minutes I heard a "pop" them she started screaming. We both thought she had been shot. To this day she won't buy them in a can.
I once put a case of canned beer in the garage in the summer and forgot about it. A few days later I started hearing load bangs in the garage, so of course I locked and loaded to see what was going on. The cans exploded. Wife still reminds me about this when I hear noises, she says and I quote "sure you didn't leave the beer in the garage again". Keep in mind I haven't had a drink in 30 years!
  • Like 4

I once put a case of canned beer in the garage in the summer and forgot about it. A few days later I started hearing load bangs in the garage, so of course I locked and loaded to see what was going on. The cans exploded. Wife still reminds me about this when I hear noises, she says and I quote "sure you didn't leave the beer in the garage again". Keep in mind I haven't had a drink in 30 years!

Had the same thing happen with a case of sprite in a hot truck. Every dang one blew up in rapid succession.

(Improvized Exploding Biscuits)

After putting up groceries from Publix this morning I heard a Boom, it wasn't loud but a noise that shouldn't have happened so I looked around to see what may have fallen then it hit me, I immediatly knew. Seems that this is the 2nd. time a tube of Publix brand Butter Me Not biscuits blew it's top. The last one I didn't hear of find for a day or two and they were ruined but this one I had to cook so I wouldn't waste them. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else ever had a Publix brand biscuit tube blow its top? Seems they have a packaging problem.

Have not had that happen with one of their products.  The good thing about Publix is if you take it back to them and let them know what happened, they will replace it.  

Recipe, or it didn't happen!

Had the same thing happen with a case of sprite in a hot truck. Every dang one blew up in rapid succession.

A great way to clean out your freezer is to forget you put a can of coke in it to cool quickly. That makes more of a "THUMP" sound more than a bang. Actually you hear two sounds, a "THUMP" and just after, "OH SH!T".

Edited by K191145