Full Auto AR experience question

Looking for an opinion here, 

My better half was kind enough to buy me a full auto experience for two, the shop is on hold for full auto for paperwork reasons.

They offered to either refund, give me the value for other products or services and lastly extend my groupon until they get the paperwork straightened out. They think it'll be a few more weeks.

Personally I've never had a desire to shoot full auto, but I do think it would be a great experience.

Any input on the full auto experience is appreciated.

Meh. The amount of ammo and rental for the full auto experience isn't worth what you could get otherwise. If you want the full auto experience rent a FA .22. At least the ammo is cheaper. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. After all was said and done it cost me about $100 to send as many rounds down range with an UZI. Not something I'll likely do again, but I'm glad I got to try it once.

I guess it comes down to how much the groupon cost and how flush you are with223.

Actually, you'd better do it, it was very cool of your wife to set that up for you two, don't want to let her down.
  • Like 4
[quote name="TrickyNicky" post="1158954" timestamp="1402768596"] Actually, you'd better do it, it was very cool of your wife to set that up for you two, don't want to let her down.[/quote] Didn't consider that. True. Just do the full auto since she's already covered it and would let her down to bypass something thoughtful she did for you. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
I shot a friend of mine's FA Fal and it was a blast but I wasn't having to pay for the ammo. Burning thru 30 rnds of ammo in seconds was a blast but I wouldn't pay to do it. Like I said, I got lucky and got the experience for free. Shooting a 50bmg sniper was a bigger thrill that FA to me but to each his own. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

It comes with forty rounds so I would guess a mere few seconds would burn that and I am sure their goal is to get you to buy more. I appreciate the input and personally am round conscious. I blast through enough in my 10/22 I couldn't fathom going thru it any quicker. 

Ill head to the shop and see what they have I'd be better off with if nothing jumps out I need I'll probably wait to get the experience.  I think I'd dig the sniper action myself but thats not the opportunity.

She isn't excited about shooting herself, I don't get her :), it was very cool of her to get me this though. 

Agreed. After all was said and done it cost me about $100 to send as many rounds down range with an UZI. Not something I'll likely do again, but I'm glad I got to try it once.

I guess it comes down to how much the groupon cost and how flush you are with223.

Actually, you'd better do it, it was very cool of your wife to set that up for you two, don't want to let her down.

Didn't consider that. True. Just do the full auto since she's already covered it and would let her down to bypass something thoughtful she did for you. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Go ahead with it. If nothing else, it is an experience that is just plain fun.

Thankfully, except for supplying the ammo, I've been able to handle a few full and select fire guns with a relative.

It really is fun. But as you are reloading the mags, and start counting the cost, it can be a little less fun.

BTW My esperience was with a 1928 Thompson and a Colt 9mm. Both were awesome.

But there's nothing else that I think could be more fun than the Thompson. That 100 round drum just goes on forever!

Any input on the full auto experience is appreciated.

I can turn cash into empty brass fast enough without full auto.
She wants to buy you something special you haven’t done, so I would wait for them to get the paperwork straightened out. She will enjoy hearing the story when you tell it over and over and over....biggrin.gif

However... I would have a heck of a lot more than any 40 rounds if I'm paying for the full auto experience. While you wait; stock up on ammo to burn.
Ahh, that is the predicament, can you have enough ammo? I guess I could bring some just to add to the experience. Ya gotta let loose once and awhile. Putting holes in paper doesn't do it for me, but I'm sure many many many holes quickly will be better. :)
What a bunch of party poop'ers
Shot a couple yrs ago, I call this a $6 buck mag.
http://youtu.be/KVVRyCEnCdc

Shot today, my son shooting a 100rd belt, $45 buck burst.
http://youtu.be/7LZM7FVsp8Q

Shot last yr first trip out with the shrike upper, 180 rd belt.
http://youtu.be/cadAIX2pANY

Shot today, did someone mention 50's, dam son gets all the trigger time.
http://youtu.be/lCUtVE_22Yk

FA is a blast, Period! The Barrett is a close second. Edited by Johnny Rotten

Full auto is fun!  Everyone should try it at least once.  Bring lots of ammo!

I have shot some full auto stuff: Uzi, Colt SMG, M4, P90, SCAR, MP5, Glock 18.  I have to say that the P90 and Glock 18 are about the most fun things out there to shoot.  They were a blast!

• Like 1

What a bunch of party poop'ers
Shot a couple yrs ago, I call this a $6 buck mag.
http://youtu.be/KVVRyCEnCdc

Shot today, my son shooting a 100rd belt, $45 buck burst.
http://youtu.be/7LZM7FVsp8Q

Shot last yr first trip out with the shrike upper, 180 rd belt.
http://youtu.be/cadAIX2pANY

Shot today, did someone mention 50's, dam son gets all the trigger time.
http://youtu.be/lCUtVE_22Yk

FA is a blast, Period! The Barrett is a close second.

Most of those videos won't show because they're setup as private. Fix it asap! I wanna see these videos! :D

The 3rd video of the belt fed worked, the rest didn't.
Guest Lowbuster
Shooting full auto is fun, but when I did it I was happy for a few minutes, then I felt bad for using that much ammo on a paper target.

I've had one short (<100 rounds) full-auto experience. It didn't cost me anything, and I wouldn't pay to do it again.

This sums up my experience as well.   A LEO brought a FA AR to a shoot and we all played with it.   I had 223 reloads so it was cheap but I had to make ammo again for a while to make it up.   Its worth doing one time. 

Most of those videos won't show because they're setup as private. Fix it asap! I wanna see these videos! :D

The 3rd video of the belt fed worked, the rest didn't.

sould work now..lol

BTW, it might be hard to see, my son is shooting 4-855 + 1-M856 rounds for our first time, it was awesome..

Edited by Johnny Rotten
  • Like 1
I've shot FA and really enjoy it, that being said if try to do it. I will say that the glock 18 is by far the most fun though the Thompson comes in close second. Ppsh is on my list to shoot, they are super fast and from what I've heard, a lot of fun
  • Like 1

two words belt fed I really like to shoot my Vickers water cooled it a blast

the belt fed 50 is cool as well

next weekend I will be at ofast with a trailer load of ammo and guns

If a semi 50 makes you flinch, couldn't imagine what a BF-50 would do...LOL 

a M60 will be my next purchase.....

• Like 1
Guest Bolt_Overide
Full auto is fun the first few times, but out side of military applications (fire team tactics etc), it has no real usefulness. Other than familiarization in basic, and suppression fire, full auto was never used on rifles/carbines.