Firearms agitator still waiting to fight gun charge (Embody case)

Guest brianhaas

[quote name="Sam1" post="1189448" timestamp="1410634647"]This idiot is at it again. Was trying to incite over at another county courthouse now: [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-6tmSTffkg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-6tmSTffkg[/url][/quote] That's definitely not how you get people on your side. Saying FU to LEO's for just doing their job and making sure he's not up to no good? This isn't going to end well I have a feeling.

I know I joke about this, but he is going to end up getting shot.  I think this idiot is emboldened by recent events and will be mistaken by a HCP holder as an active shooter if he keeps ratcheting it up to see how far he can take it.  Has nothing to do with legality; he is a danger to himself and those around him.

• Like 2

I know I joke about this, but he is going to end up getting shot.  I think this idiot is emboldened by recent events and will be mistaken by a HCP holder as an active shooter if he keeps ratcheting it up to see how far he can take it.  Has nothing to do with legality; he is a danger to himself and those around him.

They need to empty their gun.

He desperately wants the Police to detain him. As Gallatin PD showed him, that will continue to happen. I don’t know why some cops seem to fear telling him, yes, he is being detained, and no, he is not free to leave. He is known to the cops, he has had his HCP pulled as a potential danger to the public, and he is carrying a rifle. Short of being an active shooter probable cause doesn’t get much better.

He obviously has mental issues, I would guess he will either push this to the point of obstruction/resisting or he will end up being involuntarily taken into the mental health system.
  • Like 1

He desperately wants the Police to detain him. As Gallatin PD showed him, that will continue to happen. I don’t know why some cops seem to fear telling him, yes, he is being detained, and no, he is not free to leave. He is known to the cops, he has had his HCP pulled as a potential danger to the public, and he is carrying a rifle. Short of being an active shooter probable cause doesn’t get much better.

He obviously has mental issues, I would guess he will either push this to the point of obstruction/resisting or he will end up being involuntarily taken into the mental health system.

While I cringed at the idea of the government arbitrarily deciding who is too crazy to possess a firearm (in the wake of Newtown), I'd say that a man shouting obscenities in public whilst wielding a rifle for no intended purpose other than to incite panic is something that should be looked at.

I don't believe this idiot intends to harm anyone intentionally.  I do believe his purpose in life is to stick his finger in the eye of everyone who isn't him, with the intention of satisfying himself and potentially gaining lawsuit material.  However, I believe he will continue to ratchet up his antics and be a threat to public safety by causing a reasonable person to fear he is an active shooter.  Kinda like walking into a bank with a dozen road flares strapped to your chest, screaming "allah akbar", then claiming it's your First Amendment right to do so.  Hopefully when he is shot, he is put down for good and no one else is hurt in the process.

• Like 1

While I cringed at the idea of the government arbitrarily deciding who is too crazy to possess a firearm (in the wake of Newtown), I'd say that a man shouting obscenities in public whilst wielding a rifle for no intended purpose other than to incite panic is something that should be looked at.

I don't believe this idiot intends to harm anyone intentionally.  I do believe his purpose in life is to stick his finger in the eye of everyone who isn't him, with the intention of satisfying himself and potentially gaining lawsuit material.  However, I believe he will continue to ratchet up his antics and be a threat to public safety by causing a reasonable person to fear he is an active shooter.  Kinda like walking into a bank with a dozen road flares strapped to your chest, screaming "allah akbar", then claiming it's your First Amendment right to do so.  Hopefully when he is shot, he is put down for good and no one else is hurt in the process.

Exactly why I cheered when they pulled his permit. His antics do a lot of damage, and don't serve any real purpose other than to troll for lawsuits. YouTube freedom fighter, my ass.

• Like 2
Folks, stop wishing this guy be shot or killed by LEO's. I don't want to see LEO's put in that position and I don't think he deserves to die for what he's doing right now. If it went like that, there would also be a media circus and it definitely would hurt the case in the local public eye for gun rights and you can bet more laws would be passed to restrict our rights as a result. So rather than wishing he be shot in a dramatic ending, let's all hope and pray for the best possible outcome for everyone. :2cents:

Wouldn't matter if we did, free speech and all...  SCOTUS ruled over a decade ago you can't limit speech even speech in poor taste...  was in some case involving rafters and a state park somewhere here in the SE.

He did it at Vanderbilt also. I would like to thank the Gallatin PD for not backing down from a nut case carrying a gun and checking him for ammo. Unfortunately he backed down the Vanderbilt guy.
Apparently Tennessee doesn’t have a law against yelling obscenities in public?

• Like 1

TCA 39-17-1307f3 might throw a wet towel on that thought process....

The weapon is clearly in a locked container and he claims to not have the key, so technically he doesn't 'possess' the firearm under state law.  Therefore 39-17-1307 doesn't appear to apply, or at least that is my guess on the legal theory he's working under.

Also, locked containers have very strict SCOTUS case law, when it comes to exigent circumstance searches....

My guess is he's carefully crafting the situation to give him the greatest chance to winning a 1983 lawsuit as he can possibly dream up.

So far no more takers...  which is a good thing, even though Voldrmort is an idiot.

I'd think carrying the long gun around might closer fit conditions of the statute than cursing the officers would.

Since TN starts with premise that carrying a loaded firearm is unlawful, I think all this brouhaha over "reasonable suspicion", "Terry Stop", and the rest of it would be shot down in the court system.

Given the law of this state, the fact you are carrying a long gun would seem to be reasonable enough cause to detain one long enough to ensure it is not loaded. After all, it's perfectly fine to detain you long enough to check for permit if they see a handgun on you, eh? 

I'm surprised they haven't done more of that here and there with the Texas nuts, but I'm not familiar with the various legal basis of firearm stuff in those other states.

- OS

I feel sorry for the HCP that does that since they'll be in prison for the rest of their lives, for this clown.

TCA 39-17-1307f3 might throw a wet towel on that thought process....

The weapon is clearly in a locked container and he claims to not have the key, so technically he doesn't 'possess' the firearm under state law.  Therefore 39-17-1307 doesn't appear to apply, or at least that is my guess on the legal theory he's working under.

How does anyone know if he has a key or not, without investigation?  Especially when the "case" still screams "this is an AR rifle".

1375187780gun.jpg

26565687.sf.jpg

Also debatable about "having the key/combination". Doesn't say "having the key/combination on the person".  Intent of that out seems obviously for other people who may be in temporary possession of someone else's firearm to why they have no access period.

It's logical to assume that the owner of a firearm would "have" a key.

His case wasn't thrown out on basis of anything regarding illegal search or reasonable suspicion, only that he did indeed have federal license to own a silencer and wasn't required to produce it, or indeed, even have it on his person. He wasn't charged with anything regarding the firearm itself.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Folks, stop wishing this guy be shot or killed by LEO's. I don't want to see LEO's put in that position and I don't think he deserves to die for what he's doing right now. If it went like that, there would also be a media circus and it definitely would hurt the case in the local public eye for gun rights and you can bet more laws would be passed to restrict our rights as a result. So rather than wishing he be shot in a dramatic ending, let's all hope and pray for the best possible outcome for everyone. :2cents:

Not a single person here has said "i hope he gets shot" or "i hope LEO shoots him" nor have they said he deserves to die.

What almost everyone says, is that he is constantly creating a scenario where that is a possible outcome.

I would like to say this to everyone that backs him up, and I have no apologies for feeling this way - This guy is a lunatic, every action he does creates a negative environment wherever he is doing it at.  If you all think he is just "expressing his rights", keep saying that after this moron causes so much trouble that our laws are changed to specifically address behaviors  that he is involved in.  If he keeps it up, I see a good chance that laws will be changed and then all of these bozos supporting him are going to be like "that's not fair, it's not fair".  Now we can get detained if we are only suspected of carrying a rifle in public or maybe as far as if we are suspected of carrying any gun in public, they can stop us.  Even if it doesn't stick, it'll be tied up in courts for years to come and all because of this piece of garbage.

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1

His case wasn't thrown out on the question of the search, because they didn't even get to that part of the criminal case...  The case got tossed because he had a proven defense and it was dismissed out of the gate...

There are so few exigent circumstances where you can search a locked container without a warrant, there is no doubt the search was bad...  They just didn't get to the suppression of evidence because the case was so weak it couldn't survive a summary judgement.

His case wasn't thrown out on basis of anything regarding illegal search or reasonable suspicion, only that he did indeed have federal license to own a silencer and wasn't required to produce it, or indeed, even have it own his person. He wasn't charged with anything regarding the firearm itself.

- OS

Not a single person here has said "i hope he gets shot" or "i hope LEO shoots him" nor have they said he deserves to die.

What almost everyone says, is that he is constantly creating a scenario where that is a possible outcome.

Like i said, I'm not taking sides and I'm definitely not defending him. I think what he's doing and how he's going about it is stupid at this point.

But we all need to be better and should not hope or wish for harm on anyone. That's all I'm saying.

Just a couple of recent posts from where I was seeing the "wishing harm" was posts like this:

I said we should hope for the best outcome to all this and I got this in response:

Yep, he crawls into a hole and does it himself.

That implies he crawl in a hole and shoot himself.... 

and this in response to someone mistaking him for an active shooter:

They need to empty their gun.

Let's not be this way folks.

It goes back to my post. We need to hope for the best possible outcome, which is, he stops doing this and goes on with his life. Because if it turns in to something, it won't go well for him or our rights. The media will crucify all gun owners and that will hurt public opinion of the law abiding non-activist gun owners as well.

Again, I'm not taking sides or defending him at all. 

Edited by JohnC
[quote name="JayC" post="1189734" timestamp="1410731611"]I feel sorry for the HCP that does that since they'll be in prison for the rest of their lives, for this clown.[/quote] Go back and read it again. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[quote name="JohnC" post="1189706" timestamp="1410725277"]Folks, stop wishing this guy be shot or killed by LEO's.I don't want to see LEO's put in that position and I don't think he deserves to die for what he's doing right now.If it went like that, there would also be a media circus and it definitely would hurt the case in the local public eye for gun rights and you can bet more laws would be passed to restrict our rights as a result.So rather than wishing he be shot in a dramatic ending, let's all hope and pray for the best possible outcome for everyone.:2cents:[/quote] It isn't about wishing for it to happen, this is about it being a very likely outcome as he chooses to ratchet it up. You think he will stop at body armor, rifle and yelling like a madman??? He will take this further, causing someone to have REASONABLE fear for their lives or the lives if others and he will be shot. He does not exist in a vacuum. Believe it or not, people with guns have watched the news, and active shooter events happen. How many threads are on this very damn site regarding how one would act to an active shooter? You think nobody will take him as one when he takes it to the next level? I do, and the shooter all absolutely be justified for shooting him according to the law. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[quote name="JayC" post="1189734" timestamp="1410731611"]I feel sorry for the HCP that does that since they'll be in prison for the rest of their lives, for this clown.[/quote] And no, they won't. When he causes someone to reasonably fear for their lives or the lives of others, he has met shoot criteria. Not everyone with a permit is here on this site and familiar with Voldemort's antics. He will take this to the next level, because that's what he does, and he will be shot for it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1