Firearms agitator still waiting to fight gun charge (Embody case)

Guest brianhaas

"Gun rights advocate spotted outside Metro school", guess who?

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26573535/gun-rights-advocate-demonstrates-outside-metro-school

Wow, they sure screwed up in the last sentence of their reporting... 

Outside that, what he was doing is perfectly legal because of Tennessee's open carry law, meaning there's nothing that prohibits people from carrying a gun out in the open.

really .. well the more ya know i thought they got most the mosins in the winter war 

They did, but Russia started making the things in 1891.

My first M39 had an 1896 receiver.  The one I have now has a 1916 Remington receiver.

Edited by Garufa
Guest tangojuliet

They did, but Russia started making the things in 1891.

fair enough i just figure by then the old stock would have been sent to reserves units of course russia is well known for taking the 91s and turning them into 91/30s 

My reading comprehension is just fine as it's kinda hard to get a degree in communications with poor reading comprehension. You don't seem to understand how sentences, when put together, form a thought, but for some reason you want to disconnect that.  I wasn't doing hyperbole, I was doing sarcasm! Saying that you want to beat the #$%^ out of him is at the very least intimidation, if not an outright threat. Yet, you think you are somehow better than him. You are dancing so finely the line from free speech to criminal threat and civil rights violation.

LOL.......

• Like 2
Guest tangojuliet

Folks, if this was me parading in front of a school, I'd done been locked up! Law is scared of that boy now! I wish he would leave my 2A rights alone!

Dave

idk you do look like a scruffy mountain man i wouldnt want to mess with ya 

Someone needs to show me the semi auto pistol,  pretty sure he can't carry that.

Aside from that, people in TN don't pee themselves when someone with a gun walks by.  Heck especially if it is this guy.  He can't even have bewlitts with him on his little jaunts.

Someone needs to show me the semi auto pistol,  pretty sure he can't carry that.

Aside from that, people in TN don't pee themselves when someone with a gun walks by.  Heck especially if it is this guy.  He can't even have bewlitts with him on his little jaunts.

Yeah they do, channel 4 news posted the story with the audio from three or four 911 calls on him while he was walking down the sidewalk

http://www.wsmv.com/clip/10600194/gun-rights-advocate-spotted-outside-metro-school

One guy even refers to him as the "nut he seen on TV" lol

Why can't he openly carry an unloaded pistol?

its illegal to carry a pistol even if unloaded but its ok to carry a rifle unloaded 

No it isn't, TCA code the same for "handgun, shotgun, or rifle". Unloaded, not concealed on or about the person, and no ammo in immediate vicinity.

However, under GFSZA it's illegal to have any firearm unless both unloaded and in locked case. Unless maybe it's "not a firearm", like a 1890's Mosin.

- OS

• Like 1

It's perfectly legal to openly carry both if they're unloaded.  TCA 39-17-1308a1 includes rifles, shotguns, and pistols if they're not concealed, and the ammunition is not in the immediate vicinity of the person or the weapon.

its illegal to carry a pistol even if unloaded but its ok to carry a rifle unloaded 

And the current form of GFSZA hasn';t been reviewed by SCOTUS since the last version was ruled unconstitutional...  not that I'd suggest anybody become the test case, but it's something to consider.

No it isn't, TCA code the same for "handgun, shotgun, or rifle". Unloaded, not concealed on or about the person, and no ammo in immediate vicinity.

However, under GFSZA it's illegal to have any firearm unless both unloaded and in locked case. Unless maybe it's "not a firearm", like a 1890's Mosin.

- OS