Firearms agitator still waiting to fight gun charge (Embody case)

Guest brianhaas

Seems if they want to play hardball, this new school thing with the Mosin would violate federal GFSZA ??  No locked container on that one, and permit wouldn't apply even if he had one.

Tangential to thread topic, now most non-permit folks toting loaded guns in their vehicles within 1,000 feet are also in violation?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

If the GFSZA could stand up to court review... yes anybody carrying a firearm in the vehicle including in some cases (long guns) permit holders would be in violation.

Yet another bad law...

Only good news...  local DA's can't charge you under the GFSZA... you'd have to piss off a federal prosecutor.

Seems if they want to play hardball, this new school thing with the Mosin would violate federal GFSZA ??  No locked container on that one, and permit wouldn't apply even if he had one.

Tangential to thread topic, now most non-permit folks toting loaded guns in their vehicles within 1,000 feet are also in violation?

- OS

• Like 4

So basically you think that feelings are perfectly ok to rule what we can and can not do. It's your opinion of how someone should act but that doesn't mean it's intimidation. He's making a statement as he wasn't pointing the gun, wasn't making threats, or anything as such. Feelings do not matter no matter how much the liberals whine about it. You don't have the right to "feel" safe.

What I find amazing is that you are talking about intimidation, but you've publicly stated that "I want to beat the crap out of this guy" and that "he needs to have his ass curb stomped." So your principles are to beat someone up or hope that someone else beats up someone who has done nothing legally wrong? Yeah, those are great principles to have.

They sure are. I have no problem intimidating or beating the sh** outa someone who intimidates women and children. Those are called principles. I don't need a law to dictate that to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Seems if they want to play hardball, this new school thing with the Mosin would violate federal GFSZA ?? No locked container on that one, and permit wouldn't apply even if he had one.

- OS

It's not loaded. Not sure if that would make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not loaded. Not sure if that would make a difference.

Has to be unloaded and in locked case according the fed law. Or on private property within that 1,000 feet.

Only good news...  local DA's can't charge you under the GFSZA... you'd have to piss off a federal prosecutor.

Well, local jurisdictions can certainly arrest you,  or at least detain you for a couple days or whatever it is currently, if they believe you are breaking federal law though, till  the feds say yea or nay.

- OS

It would depend on exactly how the GFSZA is worded...  does it grant the states powers of arrest for crimes within it or not...  Just because it's a federal violation doesn't mean the states are automatically granted arrest powers...

Now, would that stop them?  Probably not :)

Remember the GFSZA hasn't made it's way back to SCOTUS since they struck the law down the first time...  And for sure hasn't been before the court since Heller...  There are some serious doubts if the law would survive review again.

Because of the change in the TN law, HCP holders aren't covered with long guns from GFSZA anymore...  I seriously doubt anybody is going to be charged, GFSZA is rarely enforced, but it's still a very bad law.

Well, local jurisdictions can certainly arrest you,  or at least detain you for a couple days or whatever it is currently, if they believe you are breaking federal law though, till  the feds say yea or nay.

- OS

They sure are. I have no problem intimidating or beating the sh** outa someone who intimidates women and children. Those are called principles. I don't need a law to dictate that to me.

So you've admitted publicly that you have no issues breaking the law by committing assault against someone. Yes, you are so much better than Embody about representing law abiding gun owners. Seriously, do you realize what you are saying on a public forum????

• Like 1
Guest tangojuliet

That's not considered a firearms by the feds, correct?

anything made before 1899 is considered a antique  but he likely hood of a finnish mosin being pre 1899 is there but slim 

That's not considered a firearms by the feds, correct?

It sure does meet the definition of a firearm but the feds do not regulate it. The definition of a firearm would cover an old flintlock musket from the revolutionary war.

Now the fed does not regulate "antique" firearms but they are still firearms none the less.

(3) The term “firearm” means

(A) any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive;

Work on your reading comprehension skills buddy.

My reading comprehension is just fine as it's kinda hard to get a degree in communications with poor reading comprehension. You don't seem to understand how sentences, when put together, form a thought, but for some reason you want to disconnect that.  I wasn't doing hyperbole, I was doing sarcasm! Saying that you want to beat the #$%^ out of him is at the very least intimidation, if not an outright threat. Yet, you think you are somehow better than him. You are dancing so finely the line from free speech to criminal threat and civil rights violation.

Edited by macville
  • Like 1

To possibly further complicate the issue that Mosin he's carrying (technically a Finnish M39) is an antique...pre-1899 receiver. 

Ah, well, "knowing" Kwik as I do I'd say that he chose to carry that particular rifle,  uncased,  for that very reason. Yet another legal quagmire if he's accosted for it. 

Good catch.

- OS

• Like 2

My reading comprehension is just fine as it's kinda hard to get a degree in communications with poor reading comprehension. You don't seem to understand how sentences, when put together, form a thought, but for some reason you want to disconnect that.  I wasn't doing hyperbole, I was doing sarcasm! Saying that you want to beat the #$%^ out of him is at the very least intimidation, if not an outright threat. Yet, you think you are somehow better than him. You are dancing so finely the line from free speech to criminal threat and civil rights violation.

For someone who has a degree in communications you still can't seem to read.  Good luck in your career.

For someone who has a degree in communications you still can't seem to read.  Good luck in your career.

Thanks. I will continue my extremely successful career in mass media while you continue to sit on the internet threatening to beat people up because you don't like their lawful actions. I think it's a good place for both of us to be.

Thanks. I will continue my extremely successful career in mass media while you continue to sit on the internet threatening to beat people up because you don't like their lawful actions. I think it's a good place for both of us to be.

Sorry you got offended because we were talking bad about your boyfriend.