Firearms agitator still waiting to fight gun charge (Embody case)

Guest brianhaas

His suit regarding constitutionality of the HCP would certainly have changed it big time if he'd won.

- OS

This latest suit could have easily led to a valid NFA registration copy being held is inadequate to prove proper registration, and thus legality of NFA possession in TN.  IOW, we could have all been subject to arrest and prosecution  pending confirmation of valid registration with BATFE.

That's the big problem with state level NFA laws.... they accomplish nothing, and could potentially be used to harass the heck out of NFA owners.  They need to go.

Link to the NewsChannel5 coverage of his trek through downtown Nashville yesterday:

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news/Gun-Rights-Activist-Back-On-Nashville-Streets-273266471.html

Here's his own video of yesterday's uneventful event:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFAyTSpbx-8&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Edited by TripleDigitRide

While I don't condone what he did, I also don't see anything in the video that makes me want to crucify him.  Would I do it, no.  He isn't out there in a ready position walking around like the Texas idiots and is at least polite to the people he talks to.  The handwritten note is the worst part for me.

• Like 1

While I don't condone what he did, I also don't see anything in the video that makes me want to crucify him.  Would I do it, no.  He isn't out there in a ready position walking around like the Texas idiots and is at least polite to the people he talks to.  The handwritten note is the worst part for me.

Maybe not crucify him but I can understand why most folks would be a bit rattled over this guy, or any of those idiots in Texas too. If I saw someone walking in the middle of town with a shouldered AR, red flags would certainly go up. I don't know what this person's intentions are. It is, after all, a new crazy society we live in. Our Mayberry way of life is long gone. Just watch the Nashville local news and see what happens DAILY.

Maybe not crucify him but I can understand why most folks would be a bit rattled over this guy, or any of those idiots in Texas too. If I saw someone walking in the middle of town with a shouldered AR, red flags would certainly go up. I don't know what this person's intentions are. It is, after all, a new crazy society we live in. Our Mayberry way of life is long gone. Just watch the Nashville local news and see what happens DAILY.

I don't disagree with anything you said.  Part of the problem is people don't take the time to evaluate the situation.  I would argue that there are greater threats easily visible on most days outside of Leonard even when he is commando'd up like an idiot.  People just miss the less obvious threats for the "perceived" threats.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
[quote name="mikegideon" post="1185566" timestamp="1409682096"]The latter will happen sometime after Obama legalizes machine guns with an executive order. :)[/quote] Not all memorials commemorate a sad event. Some are celebratory in nature. ;)

I don't disagree with anything you said.  Part of the problem is people don't take the time to evaluate the situation.  I would argue that there are greater threats easily visible on most days outside of Leonard even when he is commando'd up like an idiot.  People just miss the less obvious threats for the "perceived" threats.

Good point Hoz ... for me personally, I'll probably always be on the defensive posture among strangers, especially when they have more firepower slung across their shoulder than I do tucked in my waistband. :pleased:

He's not gonna be happy until somebody unloads a mag into his ass. Maybe TGO David will put up a memorial section.

I can think of three or four members who should be in a memorial section on TGO.  

Happily kwikrnu will never be one of them.

RIP Shannon, Mousegunner and a couple of others who I will not name.

• Like 2

Just saw the video. You've got to be fng kidding me !!! I mean why?????? This is beyond stupid. Now he wants to play w the federal courthouse???? Let's send him to ferguson mo!!!!!

Dude is really playing with fire there because all it will take is one federal employee to report that they were threatened by him and he will end up bankrupted trying to fight that charge.

He did it at Vanderbilt also. I would like to thank the Gallatin PD for not backing down from a nut case carrying a gun and checking him for ammo. Unfortunately he backed down the Vanderbilt guy.
Apparently Tennessee doesn’t have a law against yelling obscenities in public?
  • Like 1

just watched this vandy incident and it looks like the retard is stepping up his game on a serious way.  He's pretty agitated now and first thing out of his mouth is something vile or agressive.

This week he has done Vandy and gallatin, sumner county courthouse, the federal courthouse and one of the davidson co courthouses.

Dumbass is definitely on a mission to antagonize.

Edited by Sam1
[quote name="DaveTN" post="1189468" timestamp="1410638059"] Apparently Tennessee doesn’t have a law against yelling obscenities in public?[/quote] Last time I checked that was disorderly conduct, right? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outside of that, his latest video shows him clearly jaywalking when the hand is lit up, then he walks out of the pedestrian section to a car to hand a leaflet out.  He also clearly shows the regulatory sign on the post that says do not cross if the hand is lit up - you can read it perfectly from his video.

So basically he is posting videos of himself breaking the law, looks to me like they have a reason to stop him if they want.  

Last time I checked that was disorderly conduct, right? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd think carrying the long gun around might closer fit conditions of the statute than cursing the officers would.

Since TN starts with premise that carrying a loaded firearm is unlawful, I think all this brouhaha over "reasonable suspicion", "Terry Stop", and the rest of it would be shot down in the court system.

Given the law of this state, the fact you are carrying a long gun would seem to be reasonable enough cause to detain one long enough to ensure it is not loaded. After all, it's perfectly fine to detain you long enough to check for permit if they see a handgun on you, eh? 

I'm surprised they haven't done more of that here and there with the Texas nuts, but I'm not familiar with the various legal basis of firearm stuff in those other states.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1189556" timestamp="1410658504"]I'd think carrying the long gun around might closer fit conditions of the statute than cursing the officers would. Since TN starts with premise that carrying a loaded firearm is unlawful, I think all this brouhaha over "reasonable suspicion", "Terry Stop", and the rest of it would be shot down in the court system. Given the law of this state, the fact you are carrying a long gun would seem to be reasonable enough cause to detain one long enough to ensure it is not loaded. After all, it's perfectly fine to detain you long enough to check for permit if they see a handgun on you, eh? I'm surprised they haven't done more of that here and there with the Texas nuts, but I'm not familiar with the various legal basis of firearm stuff in those other states. - OS[/quote] The officer who explained this may be wrong, but last time I had to get the police out for a neighbor idiot the cop told me that if he is cursing an carrying on (it had happened in the past) he'd come out there and arrest him for disorderly conduct. The man had cursed at my wife during an earlier incident which I had not called the cops for. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The officer who explained this may be wrong, but last time I had to get the police out for a neighbor idiot the cop told me that if he is cursing an carrying on (it had happened in the past) he'd come out there and arrest him for disorderly conduct. The man had cursed at my wife during an earlier incident which I had not called the cops for. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'm sure disorderly conduct gets used a lot locally for lack of anything else. But a decent defense lawyer could generally deflect it in cases where it really can't be proven to have bothered or caused alarm to others.

And of course, it would become a minor media circus with Kwik, and I suppose they're aware of that.

TN's basic disorderly conduct statute:

"39-17-305.  Disorderly conduct.

(a) A person commits an offense who, in a public place and with intent to cause public annoyance or alarm:

(1) Engages in fighting or in violent or threatening behavior;

(2) Refuses to obey an official order to disperse issued to maintain public safety in dangerous proximity to a fire, hazard or other emergency; or

(3) Creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act that serves no legitimate purpose.

( b ) A person also violates this section who makes unreasonable noise that prevents others from carrying on lawful activities.

(c) A violation of this section is a Class C misdemeanor."

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot