TWD Season 5

Meanwhile......back at The Walking Dead......

I thought it was a good episode. They brought back the fear I've been looking for. That night-time car scene was excellent. When the flare went off and Aaron tripped out, I thought it was because he wanted to get away because something super bad was coming their way. Way to amp up the tension. :up: I thought it was a solid episode.

Toss in "flare to the face" zombie and we have a winner!

The whole Aaron and other dude (can't recall his name) story makes me think about our discussions about Carl never getting any now that Beth's gone. Noah's not much older than Carl....... :stir: :stir: :stir:

I am also curious as to what that signal flare meant and why aaron totally flipped his wig after seeing it

LOL @ the folks getting riled up by the gay kiss.

Were some of you guys uncomfortable because of past experiences? :lol:

Someone's projecting.

It's not necessary to blow things out of proportion. Do you always get "riled up" about anything that you don't care for?

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 1
I've never read book one of the comics, but I got the gay vibe immediately from the "LL Bean" character. Yes it's easy to say I knew after the fact, but wasn't at all surprised by the development.

Now I'm really curious as to the nature and makeup of this new community.

Unmanned gate. Burned look to the home the thru-the-window shots were taken from. Just not a good vibe from all.

Or maybe it's just an outer barrier to protect the inner circle, so to speak.

Someone's projecting.

It's not necessary to blow things out of proportion. Do you always get "riled up" about anything that you don't care for?

I'm comfortable with my sexuality. A lot of people here don't seem to be. Makes me laugh. Saying I'm projecting is a huge stretch. I'd say these folks proclaiming its "ickiness" are projecting. ;)

I'm no expert.. But, I would argue that the show's target demographic probably has no problem with homosexuality. Of course you old fogies and those with gym class memories are probably not gonna be happy with it. ;) Edited by suspiciousmind

I'm comfortable with my sexuality. A lot of people here don't seem to be. Makes me laugh. Saying I'm projecting is a huge stretch. I'd say these folks proclaiming its "ickiness" are projecting. ;)

I'm no expert.. But, I would argue that the show's target demographic probably has no problem with homosexuality. Of course you old fogies and those with gym class memories are probably not gonna be happy with it. ;)

Then you obviously don't know what projecting is.

I'm completely comfortable with my sexuality, since I consider it to be normal and was the way I was raised. The ridiculous argument that people who object to or don't approve of homosexuality are somehow latent gays themselves is nothing if not childish. But people are free to be childish if they choose and they are also free to be perverse if they so choose. Have at it.

What I find really funny is whenever someone voices a concern or objection to it, there's always someone who wants to make it about the person with the objection instead of discussing the subject. Why is that?

Edited by daddyo

I've been a critic of the episodes this second half of the season, the one where pretty much all that happened was Tyrese trippin shrooms and the one where they're just walking around and sit down, walk some more, miraculous tornado, sit some more, etc.

But this episode was really quite good and I suspect the quality's only going to continue rising. It's getting close to the point where I stopped reading the comics so I'm kind of excited. I'll be like all the other non-comic reader viewers for once.

Something has to go south in this new community like it did at the farm and at the prison or there would be no show. The think I thought was very odd and would have tripped my alarm was Aaron saying the "group picture" he took didn't pan out due to overexposure when Michohnne asked.  Yeah right.

Something has to go south in this new community like it did at the farm and at the prison or there would be no show. The think I thought was very odd and would have tripped my alarm was Aaron saying the "group picture" he took didn't pan out due to overexposure when Michohnne asked.  Yeah right.

I'm thinking there's probably some internal conflict what with the survival-hardened group clashing with the cushy and comfortable community citizens' ideals and rules. This will eat up the episodes until the season finale when there'll be some external conflict resulting in the cliffhanger that ensures people tune in for next season premiere.

Then you obviously don't know what projecting is.

I'm completely comfortable with my sexuality, since I consider it to be normal and was the way I was raised. The ridiculous argument that people who object to or don't approve of homosexuality are somehow latent gays themselves is nothing if not childish. But people are free to be childish if they choose and they are also free to be perverse if they so choose. Have at it.

What I find really funny is whenever someone voices a concern or objection to it, there's always someone who wants to make it about the person with the objection instead of discussing the subject. Why is that?

I actually do know what projecting is. I'm just digging at you for the sake of humor, hence the emoticons... which is apparently 100 percent lost on you. Take a chill pill, comrade. :D Edited by suspiciousmind

Barring any knowledge of the comics, I stopped following that story line a long time ago.

I suspect this is a peaceful group they have discovered.

There is a significance to the names each 'clan' has given to the dead.

Walkers are what Rick's people call them.

Biters, that is what the Governor and his folk called them.

Rotters, the Atlanta Hospital.

Roamers, Alexandria.

Note the connotation of the terms. Walkers and Roamers are easier on them, they take the animosity or violence out of it. They are just another obstacle in the world. 

• Like 1

The unmanned gate was odd. They're safe from the walkers/roamers with their steel wall, but the gate won't hold up to a Mad Max styled Kenworth rolling down on it. They may be safe inside from the dead, but not from the living. Plus those reinforcing butresses just make ramps for the living to scale the wall.

My prediction: there was a thriving community there and something went horribly wrong (a disease most likely). The structures and walls are still there, so it's salvagable unlike Woodbury and the prison. Aaron and Eric, along with any other survivors of their catastrophe, are out looking for more people to rebuild the town. The gate is unmanned because there's nobody to man it. It's the same reason Aaron and Eric are travelling as a pair instead of as a larger group. There is no larger group. I don't think he's lying about people being the most precious resource, and not in a Terminus kind of way. HOw exactly they've managed to clear and keep clear Highway 23 with hardly any people is a mystery to me and possibly a hole in the story.

Edited by monkeylizard