AR-15 Wrench?

R_Bert

R_bert I have a spare castle nut wrench.  I'll shoot you a PM.  As far as the full armorers wrench, spend a little and get a good one.  The cheapies usually have a coating on them that flakes off and then they rust.  Plus they are not as "precise" on locking up on the barrel nut.  Yankee Hill makes a good utility one.  http://yhm.net/forearm-wrench.html

Like the looks of this one for finish and utility.

http://www.ar15wrench.com/

This is more like the standard AR armorers wrench but it comes with the torque wrench as well.  Not a bad deal if it's decent quality

http://www.opticsplanet.com/caldwell-wheeler-delta-ar-combo-tool-with-torque-wrench-156700.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=PLA&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D&utm_campaign=%7BOrderItemID%7D

• Like 1

I have the wheeler combo wrench that came as part of a set.  Not the best in the world, but it works pretty well.  and will do pretty much everything you need a wrench for on an AR.  You should be able to find them online for about 30.  I think the set that comes with a torque wrench is around 45 and the sets with all the vice blocks runs a little more but worth it if you think you may ever build more than one.  If you want to borrow them for a build PM me, I should be able to cram it all into a flat rate box.  

• Like 2

I have the wheeler combo wrench that came as part of a set.  Not the best in the world, but it works pretty well.  and will do pretty much everything you need a wrench for on an AR.  You should be able to find them online for about 30.  I think the set that comes with a torque wrench is around 45 and the sets with all the vice blocks runs a little more but worth it if you think you may ever build more than one.  If you want to borrow them for a build PM me, I should be able to cram it all into a flat rate box.

Thank you for the offer!! But not necessary.

Over time I have been gathering the tools, and have about everything else, including blocks.

I'll go ahead and get what is missing. I plan to build a few more in the future.

You guys are awesome.

Mine is from YHM, as was recommended earlier in the post.  You can fork out big bucks for a MOACKS for staking the castle nut, or you can do it with a punch and hammer and a steady aim.

Hmmm. They have a new version - MOACKS 2. $165 is probably too rich for me.

I need to check with Dad. We probably have a staking tool in the shop. I have seen something similar to the MOACKS.

I will look closer at the YHM, too.

Anyone else use a strap wrench for their buffer tube, or just me?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually did that when I converted a Keltec SU-16 to a Magpul CTR. Not that it matters when the stock loosens up on that one. But a good strap-wrench should be in everyone's toolkit.
[quote name="R_Bert" post="1188320" timestamp="1410315444"]I actually did that when I converted a Keltec SU-16 to a Magpul CTR. Not that it matters when the stock loosens up on that one. But a good strap-wrench should be in everyone's toolkit.[/quote] I've been using my large one for removing and putting on muzzle devices as well. No worries about scratching the finish on my flash suppressors. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk