So Eyesys ...

Fourtyfive

I'm glad a world leader with a pair is getting involved. This might get purt interesting fast.

Chechnya (and Kadyrov) are Sunni Muslim too, and you sure don't hear this sort of thing much from many others of note.

Note though, that typically, the US is blamed,  that ISIS is "saying only what their masters in the West's security services were telling them to say."

- OS

I'm glad a world leader with a pair is getting involved. This might get purt interesting fast.

I don't know if you'd call Kadyrov a "world leader". I imagine one of his primary jobs,  like the rest in that region,  is to "work with"  Putin to allow Chechnya to keep its borders.

Putin himself is not prone to very much verbal posturing, we'll probably know his feelings more by his actions -- sending the attack choppers is perhaps a first little hint.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I don't know if you'd call Kadyrov a "world leader". I imagine one of his primary jobs,  like the rest in that region,  is to "work with"  Putin to allow Chechnya to keep its borders.

Putin himself is not prone to very much verbal posturing, we'll probably know his feelings more by his actions -- sending the attack choppers is perhaps a first little hint.

- OS

Well he's got more going on in global politics than I do, but I see your point. :lol:

I was talking more about Putin anyway, I doubt he'll let ISIS disrupt so much as his morning BM, but I maintain calling him out was a dumb move for Isis.

Well he's got more going on in global politics than I do, but I see your point. :lol:

I was talking more about Putin anyway, I doubt he'll let ISIS disrupt so much as his morning BM, but I maintain calling him out was a dumb move for Isis.

I certainly hope so. The man seems to have some large cojones. Something that a few of our politicos seem to lack.

I certainly hope so. The man seems to have some large cojones. Something that a few of our politicos seem to lack.

Well, Dubya's dick was main reason we went into Iraq in the first place, so I'm not exactly keen on purely testosterone based government policy.

- OS

• Like 5

I don't want to ever see W again in a position of power. It is arguable at best if he was better than Zero.  He just waged a war that was more popular.

I seriously hope Russia gets involved in the ISIS deal. I am pretty sure Pootin does not take any shit from anyone.  Something Zero could learn from.

• Like 1

I didn't feel this way when he was on the way out, but I would take him back in a heartbeat right now.

No way! Bush was a world class Wiley Coyote f*ck up. I'll beat some of the parrots to the punch by saying so is Obama, but without W's ego and Haliburton/ Cheneys greed we would be dealing with some other crisis other than Isis that comes from our medling around in the middle east.

You must remember than I'm in the blame Bush crowd. In my opinion, Bush gave us Obama on a silver platter. It could have been worse. Bush was so bad that I'm surprised that neither of the self serving reverends didn't run and win the presidency. Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 2
  • Moderators

[quote name="LINKS2K" post="1186172" timestamp="1409805654"]No way! Bush was a world class Wiley Coyote f*ck up. I'll beat some of the parrots to the punch by saying so is Obama, but without W's ego and Haliburton/ Cheneys greed we would be dealing with some other crisis other than Isis that comes from our medling around in the middle east. You must remember than I'm in the blame Bush crowd. In my opinion, Bush gave us Obama on a silver platter. It could have been worse. Bush was so bad that I'm surprised that neither of the self serving reverends didn't run and win the presidency.[/quote] Not only did Bush give us O, he gave us ISIS. If we hadn't taken Saddam out in 03, the entire region wouldn't have been destabilized and ISIS wouldn't exist. george-bush-miss-me-yet.jpg?w=410&h=308

• Like 3

Not only did Bush give us O, he gave us ISIS. If we hadn't taken Saddam out in 03, the entire region wouldn't have been destabilized and ISIS wouldn't exist. george-bush-miss-me-yet.jpg?w=410&h=308

Hindsight is 20/20. Granted, many in the intelligence community predicted Iraq fracturing into three states with a lack of a strong central government, but what are the opinions of a few experts over a President and the majority if Congress?

Now, while we fault Bush for Iraq, let's not forget that he had the support of Congress and a majority of Americans at the time he invaded. Obama has neither. In fact, he tried dragging us into Syria last year when there was an overwhelming lack of support from the plebeians, republicans and democrats.

I can fault Obama for doing the exact opposite of what Americans and Congress want. He would be solely responsible in that case. I don't see how folks can place so much blame on Bush when there was such an overwhelming support for the course of action he took.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. I don't see how folks can place so much blame on Bush when there was such an overwhelming support for the course of action he took.

Because Bush and Cheney pulled the wool over everyone's eyes, and if they couldn't do that they strong-armed them; and the kicker was they did both to Colin Powell, whose UN testimony tipped the balance on The Hill. His whole report was a shameful exercise in hurriedly-compiled and revised half truths at best and outright lies at worst. He at the least strongly suspected it was bogus at the time, knew it was afterwards, and has recanted it since;  and is the reason his political career ended. 

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 6