Damn I'm old....

Raoul

FTFY

Did I diss Led Zeppelin? NO. I love classic rock. I was making fun of all the old mustard around here. 1976 was many "mango" seasons past.   :panic:

And plus, 98% of the new rock sucks. And Metal went down the same spiral pit into damnation.  :rant:

• Like 2

Did I diss Led Zeppelin? NO. I love classic rock. I was making fun of all the old mustard around here. 1976 was many "mango" seasons past.   :panic:

And plus, 98% of the new rock sucks. And Metal went down the same spiral pit into damnation.  :rant:

Tool is the only real Metal.

• Like 1

Tool does kick butt!

I envy you Zeppelin concert goers, they are the only band on the planet I would've done anything to see. I live with it by watching the Sound Remains the Same and How the West was won. Awesome footage and of course the jamming is absolutely second to none. 

You guys aren't old, just lucky!

ROFLMAO @ "old mustard"! :rofl: :rofl:

As to music, I'm to eclectic to have an opinion on the validity of old vs new except to contradict RC3 by saying that jazz hasn't gone down the crapper. Its always sucked with few exceptions. I think it was Nigel Tufnel who said it best about jazz guitar:

"... you shouldn't be playing
music! Because what good are people who do that jazzy sort of stuff? It's all too low-volume. Have you noticed that? What are they trying to hide? What have they got to be embarrassed about? If you're a good player, you play loud so people can hear it-that's why we plug these things in. If you play an electric guitar — I don't care if it's a Gibson 175 or a Charlie Christian — turn the ####in' thing up!
To those people who do that 13th stuff I say, "By the time you count to 13, who cares? The song's over anyway. So let's play some serious rock and roll." It's all very impressive, I suppose, for some musicologists who play jazz and all that — let them have their way. But they must be afraid of something if they're not playing loud.