American Sniper movie

Went to the 11:00 pm IMAX at Cool Springs. Thought the film was fabulous. I had read the book and didn't know how they were going to deal with his loss. I just sobbed and sat there. Whole theater quietly exited. Could have heard a pin drop. Everyone in the Congress and the White House should be mandated to watch this to remind them of the evil and savagery that we face with the 'extremists' and their ilk. This film should sweep the Oscars. Bravo!!!!!

"Welcome to Tennessee...the patron State of shooting stuff"

It should. But remember you are expecting the Hollywood Liberal community to react like you. I could be wrong, but I'd say the move stands a better chance at the Peoples Choice Awards.

I'm man enough to admit I was crying at the end. I've never heard a theater that quiet after a movie. It was silent. I know I wasn't the only one that shed a few tears either.

I wish the movie hadn't focused as much on catching that one dude but overall it was still a good film. I think it's hard to make a movie about such an impressive American.

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 1

I've never heard a theater that quiet after a movie. It was silent.

There were a few people that clapped but it was quick lived and everyone else was dead quite.

I seemed to recall that Lone Survivor was dead quite too at the end. Especially after seeing all the bios on who died.
  • Like 1

Ok get this my wife just walked in and asked me kyle shoot people in the super dome after Katrina. She is on some kind of message board and someone just posted this have any of you ever heard this?

He wrote about it in his book. I don't think we ever determined if it was true but my guess is that he made it up. Just like he made up the fight with Ventura. 

:shake: :screwy: :wall: :dropjaw:

I don't understand your response. Were you not aware of this?

There were a few people that clapped but it was quick lived and everyone else was dead quite.

I seemed to recall that Lone Survivor was dead quite too at the end. Especially after seeing all the bios on who died.

I never thought I'd leave another theater that was completely silent after seeing Lone Survivor but last night the theater was completely silent again.

Went and saw American Sniper last night. Amazing movie! I did however get mad because 2 separate small groups of people got up and left in the middle of the ceremonial scene at the end.....I didnt take that very well for some odd reason. Thought it was very disrespectful.

A friend of mine said she left because she couldn't keep her composure. She said it was pouring salt on old wounds.

I have found over the years that everyone handles tragedies and victories in their own way. I also have learned not to criticize anyone for the way they handle any situation. It is part of survival of dealing with comfort or discomfort. That falls in the category of being judgmental and I try my best not to be a person that does that...............jmho   

• Like 1

I have found over the years that everyone handles tragedies and victories in their own way. I also have learned not to criticize anyone for the way they handle any situation. It is part of survival of dealing with comfort or discomfort. That falls in the category of being judgmental and I try my best not to be a person that does that...............jmho   

I didnt stand up and yell at them or anything, just thought it was disrespectful from my point of view. You are 100% accurate in saying that everybody handles things differently...some people can be with a person when they die, others cant and refuse to take part in it and prefer to not be around when it happens.

No, I was not. And frankly, it stuns me. And saddens me.

He claims to have climbed up on the Superdome and killed 30 armed looters, killed two guys in Texas that was trying to steal his truck, and punched out Jesse Ventura in a bar.

That doesn’t take away from the fact he was a great sniper & SEAL. I always assumed the tall tales were caused by mental issues.

I seen the movie last night and it was well made.  I was amazed at the distance he made that one shot 2100 yards....good LORD.  Clint Eastwood got ripped off for not being nomanated for best director.....but we all know why!  I gotta read the book.

Edited by Ron_TN

I seen the movie last night and it was well made.  I was amazed at the distance he made that one shot 2100 yards....good LORD.  Clint Eastwood got ripped off for not being nomanated for best director.....but we all know why!  I gotta read the book.

You should read American Gun by Chris Kyle as well...both books are great books.