World Series Game 7

broox

Usually, I am of the opinion that a baseball game is three minutes of excitement squeezed into three hours. I rarely watch any baseball during the regular season and even the playoffs, but I pay attention to the World Series.  I have watched some of every game so far.  Mostly blowouts by one team or the other, but tonight is game seven. I am pulling for the Royals, I think they haven't even been to the Series since 85?  I would like to see them win.  I have a deal with my 5 year old, when he gets home from school if he takes a good nap, he can stay up and watch the game until 9:00.  I am looking forward to it, I hope it is a good game.

Baseball is a funny game.  To win the World Series a lot of things have to go right.  I love the style of ball that San Fran is playing, they are a complete team in every facet which is why they are competing for their 3rd World Series Championship in 5 years.  The Royals aren't as flush with talent as SF, but they are playing their hearts out and I think their home crowd might be the factor that has them hoisting the trophy tonight.  Impossible to root for a team that has that special kind of magic the Royals have this year.  I know what it feels like, I'm a Red Sox fan and we had the same stuff last year for our improbable run.

It's been a great series so far, and the LCS match-ups before that were good as well..  The blowouts are still fun to watch until it gets out of hand.  I don't have a favorite, I just want to see one last game of good baseball before I'm forced to go without for the next 5 months.

• Like 1

I know what you mean. Ever since I read on the internet how NASA faked the moon landing it has jaded me a bit.

Seriously, though, not that I watch either anymore, seems more often than they go all the way. NBA seems especially choreographed to do that, and easier to control outcome of a close game, too, all you have to do is miss a shot or two.

- OS

Guest StorminMormon

You have to send him with that hit/error to the wall in the 9th!

Stop him at third....with the ball still in center field....with two outs...... I give you the Kansas City Royals, the Tennessee Titans of baseball

I think with the way Bum was pitching you send him. I had less faith in getting a hit to score him than trying to beat the throw. I think that if he scores, Bum is pulled and you have a better chance hitting a closer that has thrown 4 pitches the entire series. It was a good series, I enjoyed watching it.

• Like 1

The SF pitcher did his job but that was a lot of pitches for a reliever to throw.     300 is unheard of for a reliever/closer pitcher. he earned his money last night. On that last hit I would have sent the guy home and took my chances at home plate. I also didn't agree with that call on first base that went under review for 2.5 minutes and then over turned the call on the field. I think it was to close to call or reverse the call on the field. I thought all ties went to the runner but evidently not. I was not for either team but wish I would have watched more of it than last game. I don;t know how many of ya'll watch them but I love watching the Little League World Series. I never miss any of those games. Those kids play their hearts out every game......... :up:  :up: