Glock 44 ... 9mm

mcordell

There have been rumors floating around that Glock is going to announce it at shot show. Granted, they have been saying this for a decade but I'm inclined to think the single stack 9mm should be coming soon. 

Why wouldn't it  be the Glock 43 though?

Only worth it if it's the same size as the 42, which is too big to be a .380 anyway. Either way, I won't buy it.

I'd have to handle one but if it were only fractionally larger than the G-42 I'd be ok with it as long as the grip and slide were no wider.

I've been waiting for a single stack 9mm Glock that makes sense for some time, long before the .380 42.  I really think Glock is out of touch and is on a sure road to continue to lose market share to S&W through the Shield.  Through the LEO/Mil S&W program I can currently buy a 9mm Shield for 299.99, yet I wait for a single stack Glock.

• Like 1

Actually Kahr has been making them for years. Little Cm9 has been a constant and 100% reliable companion for 3.5yrs. If all proves well, my cm45 just received will replace it in the rotation.

Except the Kahr trigger is nothing like a Glock. The PPS is practically identical. (There are those that would contend the Kahr trigger is better; personal choice.)

As the former owner of a 9mm and a 40 PPS, I'm going to comment. This is my opinion only. No nasty aspersions cast on anyone else for thoughts  and likes or dislikes of this, the PPS, or the Kahr series guns.

Now, disclaimer aside.

I pretty much hated the 40PPS. I found it awkward to carry and brutal to shoot. The 9mm was a little less so.

For me the gun just sat too high in my hands. It just didn't allow for an easy grip. Both had a decided muzzle flip. The 40 of course the worst.

The trigger I didn't think at all Glock-like. For me 1911, Glock and M&P triggers, even totally stock, are best. 

The Kahr series guns, I've owned one. Like many others, I didn't like the triggers. Long and soft till breaking. Not for me.

JMO

As the former owner of a 9mm and a 40 PPS, I'm going to comment. This is my opinion only. No nasty aspersions cast on anyone else for thoughts and likes or dislikes of this, the PPS, or the Kahr series guns.

Now, disclaimer aside.

I pretty much hated the 40PPS. I found it awkward to carry and brutal to shoot. The 9mm was a little less so.

For me the gun just sat too high in my hands. It just didn't allow for an easy grip. Both had a decided muzzle flip. The 40 of course the worst.

The trigger I didn't think at all Glock-like. For me 1911, Glock and M&P triggers, even totally stock, are best.

The Kahr series guns, I've owned one. Like many others, I didn't like the triggers. Long and soft till breaking. Not for me.

JMO

Kahr's triggers are just different; they are not necessarily any better or any worst as far as the triggers go. I do not like some of the other aspects of the Kahr. My father has a 9mm PPS and the trigger is about the only thing similar to a Glock. I flirted with the idea of getting a PPS for a long time until the Shields came out and I no longer had te desire to own a PPS. I find the Shield's trigger kind of Kahr like and kind of Glock like, but better than both. The Shield also has less recoil than the PPS as far as my father and I can tell. They rounded the Shield in areas where the PPS should have been rounded and lowered the axis. I have shot a G42 and it a pretty good shooter. With it being slightly lighter than the Shield and slightly smaller, it recoils the same or a little less. I believe a Glock 9mm based of the 42, but the size of a Shield will shoot well.

Lennie McGill said on one of his video's that they were releasing a single stack at shot show

While I believe this to be true, I wouldn't believe just anything Lennie says. Edited by Patton
  • Like 1

Well said, Patton! You've expressed my thoughts much better than I was able.

One's own impressions and like or dislike of a trigger pull, or any other function of a good firearm is so subjective. And most of us forget that in talking about the good or bad merits of any firearm.

PS  IF Remington can make the R51 work well I would forget about the Glock SS 9mm, I have a couple of infallible Glocks and a Keltec, but I do like the full grip safety of the R51, sort of HKP7 in reverse, but due to some hand reconstruction issues I can't safely use a HKP7.  However, I am betting that the new and improved R51 either does not come to market or that it will have issues soon after re-release. 

I'd love to see one, especially since I was in the market for a single stack 9mm to replace my LCP for EDC purposes earlier this year. I ended up getting a Sig 938 instead after it was announced the new Glock was .380, and the R-51 turned out to be a steaming POS.