What's the most painful gun you have fired?

KahrMan

Guest sharpshooter01

I would have to say my Encore with 3" slugs. I was sighting it in with just a tee shirt and it literally turned my shoulder black and blue. That was after about 8-10 rounds.

Another would have to be a .50 cal muzzleloader that I forgot to remove the ramrod from because I was running out of daylight and in a hurry to sight it in. That will cause the scope to bite you on the bridge of your nose and make your eye's water. I'm not proud to say this but I have done that twice :rolleyes:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my grand dads old 1800s model 10 gauge......blue shoulder

My stories similar, uncle down in Mississippi, I'm about 11 years old, not sure of the make, however, it was 10 gauge goose gun. Long barrel, hurt my shoulder, twisted me so hard in the mud - my shoe came off. Come to think of it I remember my nose bleeding a little from my thumb bumping it. I wanted to fire it again, he just snickered at me and said I'd get another chance.:lol:

Guest jackdog

ten gauge side by side that belonged to my grampa. Hand gun .380 seacamp. that sucker has so many sharp edges it ought to be a damn knife. Don't care how you hold it it hurts. Thank god my son owns it not me.

My fathers Browning Sweet Sixteen. Every time I take it out to the farm I remember the day when I was eight and begged to shoot it, ouch. Now many years later I must admit, it would have to be a 14.5mm PTRD-41 anti tank rifle. Shot it at Knob Creek and took about a week to get my shoulder back in place.

Guest gcrookston

I take what I said earlier back. Last week my customer invited me to shoot his .700 nitro express. That is a way too stupid rhino gun. How many wild rhinos do we have here in KY and TN? Why does someone (i'm not going to name names), in Somerset KY need this bastardly H&H double rifle in .700 nitro express? Ouch. And I have now shot them all. The Feather Mucker laughed at me? Wow, that smarted. I think I killed his only magnolia tree on the place... The hole was that big ((((+++++++++++++++++))))

Edited by gcrookston
  • 5 months later...
Guest MCRAIG

50 cal muzzleloader with a double powder load, my dad when ahead and put the powder in when I wasn't looking and I put another load on top of that. Ouch....

Guest Moss88hunter

Tried to aim with a shotgun that I had put a pistol grip on....BAD idea! I saw stars and the pistol grip came off the next day.

Evan

Guest Policek9Trainer

Before I joined the service, dad and I was out and about shooting at most anything. I was carrying the family hand me down double barrell 16ga. It had a weak spring on one of the 2 triggers and sometimes I'd forget to pull the weak one first. I was shooting at a bird when I pulled the trigger and both barrells went off. Couldn't see for all the tears in my eyes and blood spurting from my nose. Bleed like a stuck hog. Finally collected myself and asked my dad did I get the bird, he replies - "you made the feathers fly". He finally gets to where I am and I asked where the bird was - said hte last time he saw it, it was flapping outta range from me :poop: . He was just a laughing while I was still spurting blood for half and hour :) Man did my nose hurt :cry:

Next time was my present Speed Pump, shooting slugs outta that boy packs a wallop on the shoulder much worse than the Mossberg 500 I use to have and used for the NRA Instructors Course. Need to get a rubber pad for that thing ;) as it makes the shoulder take on various hues

I take what I said earlier back. Last week my customer invited me to shoot his .700 nitro express. That is a way too stupid rhino gun. How many wild rhinos do we have here in KY and TN? Why does someone (i'm not going to name names), in Somerset KY need this bastardly H&H double rifle in .700 nitro express? Ouch. And I have now shot them all. The Feather Mucker laughed at me? Wow, that smarted. I think I killed his only magnolia tree on the place... The hole was that big ((((+++++++++++++++++))))

I have shot one as well and I do believe it to be the hardest kicking SOB I have ever shot. I'm pretty sure my brain jogged around in my head a bit.

As far as why to own one, I am assuming the man hunts in Africa or is a collector? Was the gun old or one of the custom made guns available. About the largest gun most custom builders get requested nowadays is the 470 NE or 500 NE.

There are a few of those 700's around. At $100 a shot you need a lot of spare cash or a good reason to want to shoot it. I love double rifles/combo guns and think in general they are the best choice for dangerous game in Africa, though not required.

I must say I do not think I would want to shoot the 700 in a hunt. A 470 or 500 NE will take down a rhino or elephant. In general the 700's were made in a day when the bullets were not nearly as good as they are today. To me they are unnecessary, but I'm glad there are guys out there who keep the tradition alive.

My grandpa had an old 10 gauge he left behind when he passed away, my stepbrother talked me into shooting it when I was 13 and I still have phantom pains from that S.O.B I probally didnt shoulder it well and it was a single shot, and sadly yes it laid me on my butt.