M&P guys, check your barrels

KKing

Guest kingarmory

The thread was about an issue that only Costa seems to be having.  I made a comment that maybe he was using the same technique to shoot handguns that he used on rifles and was promptly berated by the Costa-ites.  My problem is with hero worship trumping common sense and logic, regardless of who it is.  If you want to blindly follow someone and bash any naysayers, I hear the Muslims are always looking for members.

No, 95% of his techniques are spot on, its the 5% that are wrong that goddamn fanboys can't accept is what my problem is. Costa says M&P barrels are bad so they must be according to the fanboys....this whole post is revolving around a tool that people take way too seriously.

All this nonsense over 5% ? You might want to reexamine who's taking things way too seriously.
Guest kingarmory

BREAKING NEWS: M&P barrels worldwide started breaking today, experts are not sure why this is occurring but sources at MIT are citing a Facebook post by a being known as "Chris Costa" as being a contributing cause.  This post caused a previously undiscovered instability in a previously undiscovered subatomic particle that researchers are unofficially calling the "beard particle" which is causing certain chrome-moly alloys to lose their integrity and fail.  Salivating fanboys are taking to the streets donned in Phagpul clothing praising this "miracle" as scientific proof of the existence and omnipotence of their Lord and Savior Costa.  In light of this discovery, Phagpul announces that their "theory based" line of products will now be renamed "irrefutable law based".

In other news, S&W still can't produce a quality semi-auto pistol.

Edited by kingarmory

for what its worth, we have had M & P's since they first came out. before the .40 or Pro was available. we have about only about 8 now. mostly Pro's. with over 50K rounds fired thru the M & P. no issues at all. we have not shot much the last 2 years but have bought a new M & P each  year.

but between the both of the 2 new ones less than 300 rounds total. 

First off there are going to be some people who will not be on TGO for Christmas, maybe longer. If you think it might be you I suggest you get a hold of me and promise me you are going to knock your antics off. If you are one and you do not reach out you will be gone with a capital G. I am in the holiday spirit and believe in giving people second chances but the present you get tomorrow morning will not be a pleasant one if you don't come to terms with what maintaining a good fellowship with others really means.

We are a family of gun owners that should be all on the same team but as usual some of our fellow gun owners have figured out a way to divide a small group into even smaller opposing groups. We are the best at eating our own and this thread is a perfect example. Rather than live with the fact someone has a differing opinion some have chosen to use the left's favorite tactic and use name calling, personal attacks and misinformation as a means to try to convince others their opinions are all that matters. I will clue you in to something, your opinion means exactly squat when it is mixed in with attacks on others.

Second, realize the original post was a message to warn fellow gun owners and regardless of who it came from I appreciate anyone looking out for me or the other members of the gun community. If you think the message is BS then say so and move on but do not try to convince everyone else that your opinion is the right opinion, that is for them to decide not you.

Regardless if you love, hate or are indifferent to Costa one must realize that he probably sees more firearms in a year than anyone on this board, definitely more than anyone in this thread so far, and in the world of experts, specifically firearms experts, his experience puts him up the food chain higher than anyone here. Costa has been doing this for a very long time and seen a lot of people, with a lot of different guns, come through his classes and despite what anyone thinks about his tactics or training his experience training people makes him an expert on what is normal and what is abnormal.

And as far as the 3 gun insult realize that it is civilian competitions that have generated 90% of the military tactics. It is also civilians that come up with 90% of the newest fighting gear. I know of a lot of civilian competitors who regularly teach our military on tactics.

And in closing I suggest everyone get a bit of the Christmas spirit and quit arguing. During the holidays we should be coming together as a family of gun owners rather than create animosity between us. The world we live in today is an awful place and the country we live in is falling apart around us yet we are going to fight amongst ourselves about a straightened elbow. Think about how silly that is. Some of you really do need to get a life or at least some perspective because things can be a lot worse than someone having a different opinion than you.

Merry Christmas

• Like 9
  • Admin Team
I've got all kinds of Christmas spirit. I'm not sure why we've let KingArmory last as long as he has, here. He's been quietly trying to circumvent vendor rules hoping no one would notice despite being warned not to advertise.

This series of posts goes beyond that, though. Community is important. We do a lot to protect it. He's done here.
  • Like 6
NEVERMIND ........Nevermind is the second studio album by the American rock band Nirvana, released on September 24, 1991. Produced by Butch Vig, Nevermind was the group's first release on DGC Records. Frontman Kurt Cobain sought to make music outside the restrictive confines of the Seattle grunge scene, drawing influence from groups such as the Pixies and their use of song volume dynamics. It is their first album to feature drummer Dave Grohl.

I could never understand the continuous references to this album in this thread ..... Edited by Fourtyfive
  • Like 1

Oftentimes threads take a divergent path of discovery that's entertaining and educational which is actually and ok kind of thing in my opinion. My squawks are pretty much in line with guidelines here. FWIW I'm a practical science type and like to see some applied testing to sustain defective guns, equipment or ammunition claims. Still I appreciate the heads up on a potential problem while also recognizing we should all be a bit more pragmatic about equipment and who says what. I am decidedly interested in viewing conformational test results on the M&P barrel problem mentioned here so hopefully the wait won't be too long.

• Administrator

You know, the funny thing is... King Armory dude made good counterpoints in places but the delivery was just all wrong.  My grandfather used to tell me "don't let your ass fly up and hit you in the back of the head".  Parts of this thread are perfect examples of what he meant.  ;)

Yeah, I had zero problems with what KA was saying, and I even agreed with some of it, but all the BS and personal attacks mixed in kind of muted the good he had to say. Him being removed had nothing to do with him not being a fan of Costa, despite what KA thinks.

ETA:

I'm an engineer that spends his time and effort making parts for the most ungrateful and demonized industry on the planet.

This really did not sit well with me when I first read it. He is calling us, the ones who keep food on HIS table, ungrateful. Not a great way to characterize his customers. We are not ungrateful but we do hold manufacturers accountable for the products or promises they make.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
That's exactly how I read it, as well. Though I enjoy a good debate (on merits) you guys are exactly right, the personal attacks and seething contempt for everyone disagreeing with him far outweighed any good points he may have been making. :-(

And just for fun, I'll try to run a few hundred more rounds through my M&Ps this weekend.
  • Like 1

That's exactly how I read it, as well. Though I enjoy a good debate (on merits) you guys are exactly right, the personal attacks and seething contempt for everyone disagreeing with him far outweighed any good points he may have been making. :-(

Yep.  Hell, I think I was on the same side of the "argument" that this thread was about as he was.  The only thing I did was take umbrage at his hyper-confrontational tone.  I have Arfcom for that   :pleased: ... TGO is where I come to be laid back and mellow.   :up: