‘Black Lives Matter’ Protests Have Black Students With Failing Grades Demanding A Free Pass

• Authorized Vendor

http://www.inquisitr.com/1699419/black-lives-matter-protests-have-black-students-with-failing-grades-demanding-a-free-pass/

Black students at Oberlin College with failing grades are demanding a free pass due to the recent events surrounding Michael Brown, Eric Garner and the “Black Lives Matter” protests.

In a related report by the Inquisitrblack students at Columbia University and even Harvard Law requested an extension for semester final exams due to being “traumatized” by the grand jury rulings, riots and shootings.

A recent petition has gathered several thousand signatures already and it specifically requests that Oberlin College give failing black students a grade of “C” at the minimum.

Read more.

AWWWW poor babies!!! They need to get passed along because they were "traumatized" by something that did not involve them, they were not a part of and had no reason to study?????  What happened to equal rights/treatment? What happened to earning your grades and degree? They are given special treatment already.....don't study for your finals, well puppy YOU FLUNK!!!  No more handouts!!!

Edited by ArmyBrat61
  • Like 2
  • Authorized Vendor

AWWWW poor babies!!! They need to get passed along because they were "traumatized" by something that did not involve them, they were not a part of and had no reason to study?????  What happened to equal rights/treatment? What happened to earning your grades and degree? They are given special treatment already.....don't study for your finals, well puppy YOU FLUNK!!!  No more handouts!!!

Yeah the poor oppressed and downtrodden.....or as I call the fat and lazy bastards....

Sadly, I bet a lot of Professors agree with this idea, and will just go ahead and do it.

How about we just go ahead and give out degrees too. Especially if you have some life experience. You say you used to deal drugs? Here's your Pharmacy license. You stabbed somebody once? Here's your surgeons license. Strong arm robbery? We'll make you an IRS Manager. Con artist? Hello Senator.

• Like 8

It seems that not to many years back a few Black Colleges were running ads telling the young black men and women to attend that college because a mind was a terrible thing to waste. From what I have seen in the last several months they must not have been convincing enough. I have not see very many of them proving they have much of any education so far. There are very few leaders but a whole lot of followers. I guess Obama has rubbed off on to many of them. He is one of the best I've seen at leading from behind like most all I seen on these protests. I'm guessing only about 10% at best could probably tell you what they are protesting for but just following everyone else..........................jmho

Most schools do have a process where (usually on a case-by-case basis) an individual or a group can delay an exam for some time or turn in late assignments for no penalty, etc.   Most also have a process for withdrawal from the class with no grade given -- also takes a process after a few weeks (it can be done for free in the first couple of weeks, needs a review or process after that). 

These are options that make sense and I can see it being used if a student really can show they were too upset to function.  Ive been there myself, actually...  was run over by an 18 wheeler and withdrew from all classes, not hurt physically, but too shaken up to concentrate for some time afterwards!!

A free grade?  Nope, should not happen, ever.   Delayed/extended class time and late exam? sure, go for it, I don't care.  Withdrawn no grade?  Sure, I don't care.  C?  No -- pass the class or not, now or later, but nothing for nothing if you expect your degree to be taken seriously.   Free grades and free degrees are a black mark on the school, and devalues their degree... who would hire from a place known to pass people for no work done??   No one.

When I think about these losers being the ones who will be running things in a few years, I just shake my head and say a curse word.

Now granted I'm only a JC drop out, but I've employed or otherwise supervised enough college grads to confidently say that anyone trying for a handout grade probably won't be one of the ones running anything. :cool:

Most schools do have a process where (usually on a case-by-case basis) an individual or a group can delay an exam for some time or turn in late assignments for no penalty, etc.   Most also have a process for withdrawal from the class with no grade given -- also takes a process after a few weeks (it can be done for free in the first couple of weeks, needs a review or process after that). 

These are options that make sense and I can see it being used if a student really can show they were too upset to function.  Ive been there myself, actually...  was run over by an 18 wheeler and withdrew from all classes, not hurt physically, but too shaken up to concentrate for some time afterwards!!

A free grade?  Nope, should not happen, ever.   Delayed/extended class time and late exam? sure, go for it, I don't care.  Withdrawn no grade?  Sure, I don't care.  C?  No -- pass the class or not, now or later, but nothing for nothing if you expect your degree to be taken seriously.   Free grades and free degrees are a black mark on the school, and devalues their degree... who would hire from a place known to pass people for no work done??   No one.

." who would hire from a place known to pass people for no work done??  Answer: The NFL and pays them millions upon millions of dollars and about 80% of them live on the street after they are to old to play because in most cases they are not smart enough to handle money and put back funds for their future...................JMHO