Eaa Witness Tangfolio tell me your 1st hand experience

What first hand experience with the full frame Eaa Witness Tangfolios have you hand and whats your take on them. I have considered them and have read about 2hrs worth of internet reviews and watched videos of all sorts. Yes, I know all about there lack of customer service levels. I am just looking for some 1st hand ownership  experiences. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, bud. Probably not any help her, but...I had one probably 25 years ago. I can't remember any issues with it all.

It was big, heavy, and reliable. Did I tell you it was big and heavy? At a time when I wanted a smaller gun.

Seriously though, it was a tank. And it worked. Just really don't remember much more than that.

I have had 2 . I still have my Tanfoglio TZ75 (never sell it) and it is sweet! Comfortable in the hand shooting, accurate because of the internal, full length rails, easy to field strip, will eat anything I feed her, accurate, mags are somewhat easy to find, accurate and did I mention accurate? I had a Witness Match in .45acp.....came across some very hard times and had to sell her (ya gotta do whatch gotta do)....I could shoot the center out of a Shoot N See target at 25 feet with all 15 rounds, per mag, and cover it with a nickel. Excellent handgun, lousy customer service especially when looking for parts/accessories. I lived close to the EAA "factory" in Rockledge, FL and they do not allow walk ins...oh well...still an excellent, reliable weapon. I would not hesitate to get another CZ/EAA/Tanfoglio....or a good clone.

I have a couple. The 9mm compact has been shot the most. Accurate, reliable, and durable. I also have a 10mm with the .45 conversion. Mostly shot in .45 because that ammo is a lot cheaper. Both are steel frames. I have no experience with the plastic frames.

I don't know if this counts but I have a Tanfoglio Llama 380 caliber and I dearly love it. Will eat anything I feed it. Never FTF's of any type. It is the one from Stoger Arms in NJ so it's one of the oldies but goodies. Had to have extra magazines custom made for it but they work as well as factory. Probably the most accurate 380 caliber I own..............jmho

If you have a good price, and knowing you, probably a steal of a price; go ahead and get it. I don't think it will be any great risk.

nope just checking it out for my knowledge base. Would consider a full frame for a good price but just gathering info for now. My search CZ 97 takes priority!

I held a Witness "stock" today in 9mm and even took the grips off to see what it would feel closer to with the thin aluminum and I like it. My quest for a CZ 97 in gloss blue might take a back seat to one of these full frame Tanfolios. Well, at least for the moment. Thanks for all the input! I did find out in my research that if your going to buy a new EAA to buy from Davidsons or Impact guns. According to others that have bought from them that they will "warranty" any new EAA bought from them so that you do not have to mess with the horrible CS at EAA. But I would recommend asking Davidsons or Impact in advance if that is still there policy. Well now for thrill of the hunt!

I have a witness match in 40. It is my new favorite gun. It's handled everything I have thrown at it competing in idpa, uspsa limited major, and 3gun. Don't hesitate buy one today. Super accurate super reliable and the low bore axis makes it extremely soft on recoil

I have a witness match in 40. It is my new favorite gun. It's handled everything I have thrown at it competing in idpa, uspsa limited major, and 3gun. Don't hesitate buy one today. Super accurate super reliable and the low bore axis makes it extremely soft on recoil

I likes it too!