Terrorist attack in France

Erik88

2 men with AK's stormed a French newspaper and opened fire. There are some pretty horrific videos out there showing a police officer being shot point blank.

I've watched live coverage all morning and I have yet to see a single French officer armed with more than a sidearm. 

Warning- pretty disturbing video on this Facebook page. My thoughts go out to the families.

https://www.facebook.com/thisiseuropa

• Like 1

I can hear the liberals now. " We need to get rid of all guns"  The incident, sad, indeed.

While they are at it go ahead and get rid of those RPG's too, those should definatly be illegal.....and I hear they stole a car.... Good lord these things should be illegal. In all sincerety, terrible tragedy. These things, can't use the term people... need to be removed from existence.

• Like 1

So sorry for the loss of life.  - It makes me cringe that news outlets are being terrorized for expressing .... anything.  

I would like to see an analyzation of their tactics - how many, what are they armed with, how did they enter, how did they move, who did they target, and why did they leave. etc.  If one is ever caught up in something like this, it would help to have some idea of what you are up against.

**edit: after watching that video, these guys were young, green, or at least at the edge of their envelope.  Low SA, everything seemed to be coming at them very fast.  - ... and the guy had to pick up his shoe before he got back in the car.  

-looks like the police officer had been hit at least once before they closed in.  Maybe utopic to say, but if every frenchmen kept a military rifle in their home (and trained with one), this would have gone differently.  I'm not saying the video doesn't have value, but in the moment, Rifle>VideoCamera.

Edited by Peace

I'm going to get down voted for this, but the news is reporting that 3 french police officers responded, saw the terrorists were armed, and ran away from the scene.

My grandfather served in WWII in Europe and his opinion of the french was very low, he always said he loved the french, best source of never fired, once dropped rifles.  I guess sometimes stereotypes are true huh?

• Like 2

They move and shoot about the same way as I have seen others around the world. I am not saying they are professionals by that statement.

The way he walked up and executed that cop without much thought leads me to believe these guys probably fought in Syria or elsewhere. This ain't their first rodeo.

But again, that doesn't mean they were "trained". So I agree.

• Like 1

"Work Place Violence"

I'm sure that's the official explanation from the White House, everybody there has some physical/mental abnormality that prevents them from saying the words, Islamic Terrorism. I guess they need more gun free zones and more strict gun laws in France although i'm not sure what else they can legislate, being Europe i'm pretty sure that gun ownership by citizens is pretty much banned anyway unless it's a single shot shotgun, you filled out a stack of registration papers, waited 2 years, store it in a locked locker at a gun club, bribed an official etc.etc. Maybe they can make the word gun illegal. 

Tragedy for the families there.

• Like 1

So they know how to use Google?  Nothing I've seen video wise indicates properly trained.  

Two of them leave their vehicle, engage a police officer, once the police officer is down, they both go running up on him.  Neither of them moving with their weapons up, or at the low ready.  Neither covering the other, or watching for other threats...  No bounding, no use of cover...  They both hop in the car and drive off...

Unarmed populace, and lack of response from the police...  I suspect if these guys had come under fire, they would have folded in a hurry, it doesn't appear they had the training to fall back on for a firefight with an armed victim.

The report that I read on WSMV indicates that this was well-planned. They knew who they were going for and where he was in the building.

• Like 1

So they know how to use Google?  Nothing I've seen video wise indicates properly trained.  

Two of them leave their vehicle, engage a police officer, once the police officer is down, they both go running up on him.  Neither of them moving with their weapons up, or at the low ready.  Neither covering the other, or watching for other threats...  No bounding, no use of cover...  They both hop in the car and drive off...

Unarmed populace, and lack of response from the police...  I suspect if these guys had come under fire, they would have folded in a hurry, it doesn't appear they had the training to fall back on for a firefight with an armed victim.

"The staff was in an editorial meeting and the gunmen headed straight for the paper's editor, Stephane Charbonnier - widely known by his pen name Charb - killing him and his police bodyguard first...."

Read more: http://www.wsmv.com/story/27779830/12-dead-in-terrorist-attack-on-paris-weekly-gunmen-escape#ixzz3O9gFAgd0

Can't Google a meeting, can you?

Apparently you have not seen the level of training in some of the foreign militaries.  No, there was a level of at least planning if not all out training.  And since they had the RPG, they had some sort of connections to acquire such hardware. One thing that stands out to me is that the police officer gave up and it cost him his life.  We once were trained to cooperate with hostage takers, to allow the authorities to come to our rescue or negotiate our release.  Though not trained for, there was times where you would surrender when totally outgunned or outnumbered by an enemy.  No more, with the way the enemy operates, you fight to your last breath, no matter what; because there will be no mercy, Bergdahl not withstanding.

• Like 2

I'm going to get down voted for this, but the news is reporting that 3 french police officers responded, saw the terrorists were armed, and ran away from the scene.

My grandfather served in WWII in Europe and his opinion of the french was very low, he always said he loved the french, best source of never fired, once dropped rifles.  I guess sometimes stereotypes are true huh?

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I'd consider that one cop to be very brave or very stupid.  Going up against 2 guys with rifles and body armor with only a pistol?  Either way, it cost him his life.

Yup the terrorists' TTPs sucked, but I'm sure they were embolden by the words of The Dear Leader himself, Barry Hussein, during his address to the UN in 2012.

“The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam......”

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/09/25/remarks-president-un-general-assembly

Edited by DMark
  • Like 1

Maybe this was the JV squad that Obama was talking about? Since they were in France and knew there would be no armed victims in the office, they could afford to send the "B" team.

Edited by dawgdoc
  • Like 1
It's amazing now easy it is to travel from country to country in Europe without being checked too thoroughly. I'm there are cells all over that part of the world armed and waiting for the go ahead for stuff like this.

I'm sure they will target gun free cities if and when they attack here.

I often look around at the businesses and restaurants I frequent and wonder what kind of response armed citizens would have to attacks like that.
  • Like 1