Two Officers Shot Last Night in Ferguson

• Moderators

I really hate the fact that you would drag Hickok45's name into this , I consider that disrespectful. Please edit your post and remove his video , I consider him an outstanding member of this forum.

The only reason I brought Hickock45's name into this was because he can shoot gongs at a really far distance with a compact pistol. I'm pretty sure everyone else realizes that no disrespect was directed at him.

Also, even if I edited the original post, since you quoted it it would still be here...

..... And 125 yards is an easy shot to hit a group of several men with a rifle.

We just don't know at this point. Could have even been someone who was quite competent with firearm, but sights were a bit off for whatever reason.

Both officers hit on right side, one could have been intended as center head shot, the other as center mass shot, perhaps the missed shots were first and the shooter compensated on the ones that scored.

All of course pure speculation of possibles.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Moderators

Ferguson is going to be a dangerous place. Innocent citizens will get caught up in this.
Obama and Holder are using their power to further their racist agenda in Ferguson.

Innocent people were already caught up in it. You had a predatory gang preying on a disenfranchised population as a source of revenue. Holder and Obama aren't the only racists in this picture.
  • Like 3

Innocent people were already caught up in it. You had a predatory gang preying on a disenfranchised population as a source of revenue. Holder and Obama aren't the only racists in this picture.

Yep, plenty of blame to go around.

The same identical Michael Brown shooting situation could have occurred in hundreds of jurisdictions without the degree of resulting hoopla that occurred in Ferguson, but for the prevailing and apparently justified sense of community outrage already in place there.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Black, white, yellow or green, Anyone who hides in ambush to shoot into a crowd of unsuspecting people/police is the lowest form of coward/scumbag and anyone who dismisses the action or implies that it is in anyway acceptable no matter what some police have done is a POS  

Black, white, yellow or green, Anyone who hides in ambush to shoot into a crowd of unsuspecting people/police is the lowest form of coward/scumbag and anyone who dismisses the action or implies that it is in anyway acceptable no matter what some police have done is a POS  

If that's to me, I should perhaps explain I was referring to the underlying reasons for the degree of community response to the original Michael Brown/Darren Wilson event. Certainly didn't mean to imply that any previous or certainly this latest violence was "acceptable" in any way.   Edited above post for clarity.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

No That most definitely was not directed at you Oh Shoot sorry if it looked that way! Just letting some steam off from a previous conversation with a certain family member of mine that seems to think the cops got what they deserved. The crazy thing is he is one of those "no one but the military and police need to own guns" freaking nuts. I don't know how most people in Colorado are but if they are anything like him that place is screwed.

• Like 1

..... I don't know how most people in Colorado are but if they are anything like him that place is screwed.

There are plenty like them in CO. How do you think enough libs got elected to impose various firearm restrictions in what was not all that long ago as free a state in that regard as most anywhere in the US?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Well it looks like the criminal thugs intimidation in Ferguson is working. A black man shoots two citizens in a crowd (cops or not) and he is charged with assault in the first degree. If it had been a white man shooting blacks in the crowd the charge would have been attempted murder/hate crime/ some type of terrorist charge and Federal Civil rights charges.
  • Like 1

According to the shooters story, he was aiming for someone else, which who he had a disagreement with. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the intended target was a black man. The shooter should be charged also with attempted murder of the target. If the target is black, the cops should make a big deal about prosecuting him to the full extent of the law on that charge. After all - black lives matter, right

CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) — In early versions of a March 15 story about a man being charged in the shooting of two police officers in Ferguson, Missouri, The Associated Press erroneously reported that St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert McCulloch said the defendant used a 40 mm gun in the attack. He said it was a .40-caliber gun.

ROFL. That's good stuff

• Moderators
This article is worth a read.

http://m.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/03/conservatives-start-to-take-the-ferguson-report-seriously/387835/?utm_source=SFFB

Most especially read the Red State article it references and uses as source for quotes such as
"Even if you read only the parts of the Ferguson DOJ report that come directly from the files of the FPD (which is to say, files that would be most favorable to the Department), the report paints an incredibly damning picture of the Ferguson Police Department. No conservative on earth should feel comfortable with the way the Ferguson PD has been operating for years, even according to their own documents."

And

"I am not going to sugar coat this or engage in a lot of pointless throat clearing here - the report, taken as a whole, even in terms of material collected exclusively from FPD documents, is incredibly damning of police and municipal court practices in Ferguson. Anyone who can read the actual report itself and be comfortable with the fact that citizens of an American city live under such a regime is frankly not someone who is ideologically aligned with me in any meaningful way. The practices of the FPD and Municipal Court are destructive to freedom and in blatant violation of our constitutional rights, and they depend for sufferance on the fact that most people are not willing (or, in the case of most of Ferguson's residents, able) to mount an expensive legal fight for relatively trivial amounts of money such as are involved in a traffic ticket. Evidence of the Ferguson PD's knowledge of their blatantly unconstitutional practices (especially with respect to the habitual issuance of arrest warrants for missing a payment) is shown in the report by the way that the Municipal Court regularly drops these warrants as soon as a defendant appears with counsel.

I am singularly unimpressed with the argument that the report should be dismissed because it is the product of the Holder DOJ's dissatisfaction at the resolution of the Michael Brown case. The implicit admission in such an argument is that many police departments are worse; if so, the proper response is not to excuse the Ferguson PD but rather to acknowledge that there are, in fact, systemic problems that exist on a widespread basis that should also be solved."

The Red State piece was written by a conservative who in reading the DOJ report, approached it in a hostile manner. His words explain the way he read it best.

"I took the time over the weekend to read the entirety of the 102-page Department of Justice report on the Ferguson PD ("FPD"). I cannot recommend highly enough that you do the same. During the course of this reading, I intentionally read it with as jaundiced of an eye towards the Department of Justice as possible. I intentionally disregarded all commentary regarding what the DOJ investigators reported that they saw, and also all of their reported interviews of the citizens of Ferguson and FPD officers. I decided to say to myself, let's assume that everything DOJ says is a lie, and also that everyone who was willing to talk to the DOJ during the course of their investigation either lied or shaded the truth. What remained astounded me."

So before you engage in a reflexive defense of the FPD, one should understand what they were really doing according to their own documents. Also before you say that the practices there are no worse than anywhere else, (which I would agree with) maybe you should understand how terrible of a situation that really is and recognize it as a bug and not a feature. Edited by Chucktshoes

CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) — In early versions of a March 15 story about a man being charged in the shooting of two police officers in Ferguson, Missouri, The Associated Press erroneously reported that St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert McCulloch said the defendant used a 40 mm gun in the attack. 

Dayum 

1153732-800px_bofors_060323_f_9044h_001.

This article is worth a read.

http://m.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/03/conservatives-start-to-take-the-ferguson-report-seriously/387835/?utm_source=SFFB

So before you engage in a reflexive defense of the FPD, one should understand what they were really doing according to their own documents. Also before you say that the practices there are no worse than anywhere else, (which I would agree with) maybe you should understand how terrible of a situation that really is and recognize it as a bug and not a feature.

I'm not going to read the 102 page report but I have no doubts that about what you posted. Can you summarize what happened?