Good men gathering?

What the government does not realize is that in the 30+ years of war our country has seen they have created millions of patriots. And how ironic that the patriots they created that will be the ones take back the country from those who created them. I just wonder at what point we go from using politics to using arms. Right now those in power are using racism, economic divides and gun control to distract most from seeing what they are doing but some of us see it plain as day.

• Like 14

What the government does not realize is that in the 30+ years of war our country has seen they have created millions of patriots. And how ironic that the patriots they created that will be the ones take back the country from those who created them. I just wonder at what point we go from using politics to using arms. Right now those in power are using racism, economic divides and gun control to distract most from seeing what they are doing but some of us see it plain as day.

Agreed, I think we're at that juncture of, "It's too late to use voting but it's too early to start shooting."

• Like 1

I suspect that was a bit of wry humor on Ted's part NR, he's kind of wired to that sarcastic funny bent which makes for interesting comments.

I dunno, nightrunner may be on to something. I don't know what Romans are or what a numeral is. Hell, they didn't even teach me to read or write.

• Like 1
I imagine they fancy themselves to be today's minutemen. While the idea is nifty, I just don't see how it gets played out in today's world without getting outright killed by some gubmint agency or at least imprisoned before any real effect can be had. Of course, I'm sure they would say that is the mindset of "the sheep." Heck, I'm sure everyone partaking in this forum is under more surveillance than your average islamowhackjob recruiting for the cause in Detroit or Minneapolis.
  • Like 1

If, when, things do kick off there will be some who view it like traditional military operations and will go out in their gear, as a group, and get easily killed off by those in power. But, as we all know, the real test for those in power will be how they deal with the guerilla operations that will come later. Then the real challenge will be who will be the new person, people, in charge and how corrupt they will become. We have to be careful because we do not know who the next power brokers will be and things could get a lot worse before they get better.

In the end I do not see the United States being anything more than a has been super power.

The US is already in its final death throws because we have millions living in poverty, we have no more freedom to do what we want, our veterans not being treated well and we ARE subjects to our ruling class. That tells me the country is already past the point of no return and there is no way to fix it other than to let it fail in order to rebuild. But before they let those welfare leeches, who have not paid into the system, starve our government will starve those on social security, who have paid into the system, and our veterans. We now have a national healthcare system that is not about helping people but about putting more money into the pockets of those that rule over us.

Funny thing is the veterans they are alienating are the ones they will need again very soon. We are poking the bear and have been for several years. At some point Putin is going to have enough and we will be in WWIII which will cost everyone except those in power who will continue to get rich off the US war machine.

• Like 4

We have already seen an example not too long ago at the Bundy Ranch.

I think in that case the Feds did underestimate just how much opposition they would encounter so quickly and be out gunned so quickly either. The oath Keepers Stepped up to the plate really fast. That was why the Feds backed down. It would have been a Ruby Ridge or Waco in Reverse. They did the smart thing and packed up and left. They used the old adage of run away this time and live to fight another day. They won't make that mistake twice!!!!  Next time they will have Troops with them to give them armed support. Now depending on what the situation is they better hope that their troops they bring with them better agree with their plans also. Other wise they may not have the support they think they have. My grandson has told me of many men he served with that have zero respect for politicians and many of their programs. Many of them have talked about not following orders that would mean moving against American people on American soil. I am glad he is out of the Service and I was able to talk him out of re-enlisting after his two tours in Afghanistan ..........................jmho

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 2

I think in that case the Feds did underestimate just how much opposition they would encounter so quickly and be out gunned so quickly either. The oath Keepers Stepped up to the plate really fast. That was why the Feds backed down. It would have been a Ruby Ridge or Waco in Reverse. They did the smart thing and packed up and left. They used the old adage of run away this time and live to fight another day. They won't make that mistake twice!!!!  Next time they will have Troops with them to give them armed support. Now depending on what the situation is they better hope that their troops they bring with them better agree with their plans also. Other wise they may not have the support they think they have. My grandson has told me of many men he served with that have zero respect for politicians and many of their programs. Many of them have talked about not following orders that would mean moving against American people on American soil. I am glad he is out of the Service and I was able to talk him out of re-enlisting after his two tours in Afghanistan ..........................jmho

Well many of us here at TGO are ex-military, not all combat vets but we did enlist with patriotic intentions. Most vets I have incountered are very pro-2nd Amendment and pro-Constitution. I would bet that if there was a SHTF situation and orders were given to disarm the public by any means including using deadly force we would see a division in our military that would prevent them from following those orders. I really believe that. Besides, the entire military is just not large enough to cover every square mile of the U.S. Just a few large cities would require most all military equipment and personnel, I just don't see tanks and apc's in Dickson, Murfreesboro, Smyrna, Hog Lick or Rooster Poot.   :)

• Like 1

Well many of us here at TGO are ex-military, not all combat vets but we did enlist with patriotic intentions. Most vets I have incountered are very pro-2nd Amendment and pro-Constitution. I would bet that if there was a SHTF situation and orders were given to disarm the public by any means including using deadly force we would see a division in our military that would prevent them from following those orders. I really believe that. Besides, the entire military is just not large enough to cover every square mile of the U.S. Just a few large cities would require most all military equipment and personnel, I just don't see tanks and apc's in Dickson, Murfreesboro, Smyrna, Hog Lick or Rooster Poot.   :)

I agree with you 100% on these issues. I really don't see that many of our actual military following those type of orders. Would you follow an order to enter your best friend house and take his weapons or into your grand fathers home and taking his weapons? I don't think so. I also agree with you on the Military would be spread so thin it would not be possible to carry out those type of orders. Again I agree that the big cities would demand most of our Military. I have said that if the Military was sent into Los Angeles to remove all the weapons from the honest people and gangs it would be like entering Iraq or Afghanistan and blood would fill the city sewers in that one city alone. I read the other day that the two police officers that shot and killed that man in New Orleans after Katrina to take his guns and he refused. They shot and killed him and then burned his body. The have been brought up on charges of murder. I think if there was any attempt to create a Martial Law over this entire country it would fail miserably. Hell, Japan was smart enough on the December 7th 1941 not to attack Americas Homeland because the Japanese Admiral said they would be defeated because behind every blade of grass is an American with a gun. That was in 1941. I am guessing behind every blade of grass most Americans have a minimum of 5 guns and a well supplied ammo stash to go with them..................jmho  

• Like 1
If our government ever decides to disarm the populace and civil unrest or worse arises I expect we'll see a lot more than US Gov't troops in place to subjugate our populace. I won't try to predict the future and am suspicious of both Gov't and anti Gov't groups.
  • Like 2

If our government ever decides to disarm the populace and civil unrest or worse arises I expect we'll see a lot more than US Gov't troops in place to subjugate our populace. I won't try to predict the future and am suspicious of both Gov't and anti Gov't groups.

I think they will be blue helmet UN troops. But our troops have done it here in the U.S. in 2005 New Orleans, La. right after Katrina they went house to house confiscating legally owned firearms by innocent people. It is all a test to see if they can get them during a crisis. Crisis or not they were illegally confiscated. I understand that the troops had orders to shoot anyone that refused to give up the guns. It could have been real ugly if somebody had shot some of the troops.

I don't trust groups in general, and I'm anti-government! :shhh:

Edited by Ted S.

Gordon's post (#15) is spot on imho.

I recently read that there are 650,000 Peace Officers in the U.S. That works out to 1 for every 480 people if my math is close.

I too believe we would clearly see a divide in the military and among Peace Officers between those that hold true to their Oath, and those that have no moral compass nor integrity.

When the line is finally crossed, and I pray that day won't come, but I fear that it is close, it'll be a bloody mess. It's the guerrilla aspect of that looming conflict that I believe those in power severely underestimate.

I've interacted with, and done (legitimate) business with, those in the III% community and have found them to be intelligent people with a solid moral compass. Not a bunch of bubba's...