Rant CUSTOMER SERVICE

none

Ok so I started my day on a sour note. My wife has been drying clothes out side on the line since it been nice out lately. So grabbed a pair of my work pants they could pass for wrangler cargo pants. So I get out of the shower get dressed and all of a sudden I have this intense pain on my leg in two then three spots. So I expedite getting undressed and find a yellow jacket in my right pant leg. That explained the sudden pain in my leg. So I deal with the little #*!@# and try not to have a bad day.

Then I go to cut the grass great flat tire. So I figured ok I will just run to Ace in MJ. For an inner tube for the tire easy fix right? Not they had two different sizes which weren't right so I ask the guy at the back counter if they have any more sizes then he tells me oh we don't even carry inner tubes. Ok so stupid me asks another question no we don't carry those either. So again stupid me do you know who might carry them?

This is where it gets really good he says" when I need to find things I check the yellow pages" At that point I finally wisely decided this was just a total waste.

I guess customer service just does not exist anymore and you should not try to patronize the smaller stores and just order off Amazon it arrives fast and you don't have to deal with the Village Idiot Edited by wcd
  • Like 1
The MJ Ace seems to be one of the better places for customer service as well. I've had good luck in there. Not that the customer service is any better but did you check TSC for the tube? I went in there a few weeks ago planning on buying some Ariat boots, the cashier watched me wandering around the shoe department and never said anything until I left and she cheerfully told me to have a good day. I went home and got then off of Amazon for a really good price. Is it still considered shopping local when the Amazon distribution center is 20 minutes from your house?

It certainly seems sometimes that good customer service has gone the way of the dodo bird, and what passes for CS these days is anything but. I think it's still out there, you just have to look harder for it than in the past. I always try to acknowledge it when I find it.

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 1
When you have 99 weeks of unemployment, welfare and Mom's basement to fall back on, why try? Where's the incentive to work hard and improve your life?

If I get poor service in a business, I don't go back. There should be an appropriate result from bad service and good service and I try to provide it. There are a couple of 'big box' stores that I haven't shopped at in 20 years. They no longer have anything that I need. When they go thru bankruptcy, I'll light a cigar.
  • Like 1

I hear a lot of horror stories lately about customer service. I'm not aiming this at you, but I think you'd be amazed at the current quality of the average customer today. If all a person deals with is idiots every day, they soon forget how to treat a genuine human being when they run across one.

• Like 3

I made an appointment with the loan officer at my Credit Union to talk about refinancing my house. She said it would take about an hour, and I told her I had meeting right after that and would be cutting it close. She's only at the bank location that is convenient for me one day a week, and it's hard to meet up, so I set the appointment.

I show up for the appointment a few minutes early and let someone know I'm here to see her, and she motions to the loan officer that I'm here. I can't see her from where I was, but I could hear her, and could tell that she was on the phone. I could also hear her giggling and making small talk in between talking to a customer about a loan.

I'm a patient guy, and I know small talk is a part of a work day, but after standing in the lobby for over 30 minutes listening to it, I had had enough. I made eye contact with the manager, and he came over to apologize it taking so long. I told him I had an APPOINTMENT 30 minutes ago, and that she knew I was short on time. He apologized again and took my name and number and said she would call to reschedule.

The manager knew I was annoyed. He should have made sure she called me immediately after hanging up the phone. But by the end of the day, I still had not received a call, so I emailed her. That email went unanswered for a week, until I emailed her again on the day she is in my local office. She finally replies and wants to set up the meeting right at the time my standing weekly meeting starts (the one I had to leave for weeks prior). She can't do it any other time, so we set up the appointment for the following week. 

I looked back through my email and it was like SIX WEEKS since I started the whole process. 

I would have given them a piece of my mind and walked away a long time ago if it weren't for the fact that my property is unique in that it has an old cemetery on it, which means the banks want nothing to do with loaning me money on it. This bank has told me that it should not be a problem, so I really want the deal to work out. Although, with the way things have been going thus far, I fully expect them to come back and say they also can't do it for some reason, or that they will gladly do it at 10% interest on a balloon mortgage.

I hear a lot of horror stories lately about customer service. I'm not aiming this at you, but I think you'd be amazed at the current quality of the average customer today. If all a person deals with is idiots every day, they soon forget how to treat a genuine human being when they run across one.

I worked at Lowes after retiring.  I know about the customers, their opinion of "Lowes idiots", and the some of the Lowes employees' opinions of the customers.  There were idiots on both sides.

edited to add:  And not a few assholes too.  :D

Edited by enfield
  • Like 1

I had a similar experience with a bank I had used for 30 years.  I got stood up for a loan officer appointment, had to leave for another appointment.  When I came back, I closed my account and haven't looked back.

so you had thirty years I what I assume to be good service and one bad experience is a deal breaker?

If it's the only reason you use the service provider. In this case the provider failed to build a relationship with the customer to overcome a failure in the key element retaining the customer's business.

I worked at Lowes after retiring.  I know about the customers, their opinion of "Lowes idiots", and the some of the Lowes employees' opinions of the customers.  There were idiots on both sides.

edited to add:  And not a few assholes too.   :D

I got board in retirement too and got hired at our local Lowe's. The second day of classroom training when they covered two pages of employment felonies and three pages of misdemeanors I got up and told the HRMS this wasn't for me. She asked that I stay because they already spent a bunch of money for pre-employment stuff, so I did.

The third day when I got to the floor, met my new boss and other employees, went to my new locker and turned in my fancy red vest and employee 10% discount card and said thanks for the opportunity.

I always try to treat people the way I would want to be treated. Respect is Earned never given. But courtesy on the other hand is given regardless. For me I have seen a lot that there is no other explanation other than evil exist as to why it happened. So I guess if you don't like your job find something else just don't be a jackwagon in the interim. Edited by wcd