Lifetime Permit

Isn't it nice we only have to pay 500 clams for our 2nd amendment right? Personally I think the price should only cover the costs.

How will he 5 year background check be done and will that incur a charge as well? Rhetorical.
I agree, at my age I would rather give the $500.00 to charity and pay the regular fees, for something that should be free by just adding a new classification to the TN drivers license or TN-ID.

Note: nice run on sentence.
  • Like 1

I agree, at my age I would rather give the $500.00 to charity and pay the regular fees, for something that should be free by just adding a new classification to the TN drivers license or TN-ID.

Note: nice run on sentence.

Yes...but you said it well. lol

It wont do me much good.......at 80 ......my shots are numbered...........LOL :rofl:  Didnt want to sound gruesome but reality is a bitch.

One plus of becoming a senior is you get a free fishing and hunting license.

Edited by Ron_TN
  • Like 1

$50 for 4 years , 40 years equals $500

40 years from now you may not need a permit or guns may be illegal .....

Isn't that 50 for a 4 year permit?

Doesn't anybody read my post :( ....

NOPE. I didn't evidently. lol

New readers needed this morning buddy.
  • Like 1

It will take 10 years to payoff the 50 dollars a year fee.

That will put me at 66, just might do it.

I think they're hoping for this kind of math from folks. ;)

(it costs 12.50 per year to maintain an HCP)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

That's 40 years at $12.50 a year. 

So, I'm 38 now (39 in July) + 40 years puts me at 78.

Who knows if I'll live that long, but seems worth it not to have to fool with renewing ever again. :up:

Well so I can not do math, :rant: :rofl:

For some reason I was thinking of 50 a year, O well now I wont be spending that money, well I could use a new firearm. :usa: :up:

• Like 1

Well so I can not do math, :rant: :rofl:
For some reason I was thinking of 50 a year, O well now I wont be spending that money, well I could use a new firearm. :usa: :up:

It's the creeping senility sneaking up on us buddy. I know it for certain.

That's 40 years at $12.50 a year. 

So, I'm 38 now (39 in July) + 40 years puts me at 78.

Who knows if I'll live that long, but seems worth it not to have to fool with renewing ever again. :up:

They still have to verify that you remain eligible for a permit every so often.  Probably you would have to do all the same paperwork at the same interval as if you were renewing so that the criminal record check, etc. could be done.  So, in effect, you have to jump through the same hoops as if you were renewing.  The only difference is that you give them $500 up front - which you may never recover if you move out of TN, don't live another 40 years, do something that makes you ineligible for a permit, develop mental or emotional issues or illnesses that make you ineligible or so on because I would be willing to bet that the state won't refund any funds, in total or partial, if that happens..  Basically, then, you still have to 'renew' your permit (or verify that you are still eligible if you prefer that term) but the state already has your $500.  It is a 'win' for the state as they already have a guaranteed $500 whether you get $500 worth of use from your permit or not.  I can think of no, real benefit for the permit holder, however.

Edited by JAB