U.S. flag not lowered ?

I have heard from several people and friends that the U.S. flag at the White house and such places hasn't been lowered for respect of the soldiers that were killed last week . Is this true and if so why wasn't it lowered ? I am near Fort Campbell and almost all places here have lowered their flags.

I just thought I'd ask. Seems like it should be an automatic thing to lower it at a time like this .

Edited by tercel89

I've seen the similar story blasted all over Facebook but I don't believe those links without verification. So I too wonder if it's true or just made up internet hysteria

A local fox affiliate had live shots yesterday and it was not lowered.  Haven't seen it covered by the other stations :waiting:

I've seen the similar story blasted all over Facebook but I don't believe those links without verification. So I too wonder if it's true or just made up internet hysteria

It's all over Fox News. They haven't been lowered because our president is a low life, America hating piece of shit.

• Like 11

Well......, Barry Hussein is going to address the VFW convention in Pittsburgh on Tuesday.

I trust the membership in attendance will take him to task over his lack of Leadership!   

That's like taking a bird to task for having wings.

Our Manchurian president is fulfilling his mission beautifully.  

and he will not lower the WH flag...  unless forced to.

and those that call this weakness, you are mistaken.

this is not weakness.  

every action of this president when examined to it's core is outright treason with bold and willful intent.  

even the nuance of his actions...  when examined reveal the same.

when studied, one will find that his actions have not once been for the strengthening of American 

his 6 years have been the most damaging to this country of any leader in American history.  

Edited by crashgordan
  • Like 3

I have heard from several people and friends that the U.S. flag at the White house and such places hasn't been lowered for respect of the soldiers that were killed last week . Is this true and if so why wasn't it lowered ? I am near Fort Campbell and almost all places here have lowered their flags.

I just thought I'd ask. Seems like it should be an automatic thing to lower it at a time like this .

Well, I hate to get technical about this, but the places around Fort Campbell are actually wrong. As distasteful as it may seem, soldiers getting shot and killed is not justification under the current code to lower the flag to half mast. However, the President does have the authority to call for it to be lowered in times of tragedy that aren't covered in the flag code.

Now, you could make a pretty good argument that this is a situation in which he should exercise that power, and rightfully so. But until he does so, flags should be kept flying high.

• Like 2

I posted this in another thread yesterday, before this one was started.

"The only flag not at half-staff in Dunlap, Tennessee is at the Post office. When I called and asked why, they claimed they were not authorized by the Fed. to lower it to half-staff.  I haven't felt this disgusted with our so called leaders in Washington  since I was advised not to wear my uniform in public when I returned from Vietnam, back in the 60's". :surrender:

Edited by crossfire
  • Like 1

Well, I hate to get technical about this, but the places around Fort Campbell are actually wrong. As distasteful as it may seem, soldiers getting shot and killed is not justification under the current code to lower the flag to half mast. However, the President does have the authority to call for it to be lowered in times of tragedy that aren't covered in the flag code.

Now, you could make a pretty good argument that this is a situation in which he should exercise that power, and rightfully so. But until he does so, flags should be kept flying high.

Tennessee Governor called for the flag to be lowered along with other states Governors. Any Fed buildings are still waiting for so called president to do the right thing. Don't hold your breath.

Stars & Stripes has this to say http://www.stripes.com/news/us/no-explanation-by-obama-on-flags-not-lowered-to-half-staff-for-chattanooga-shootings-1.358915

A technicality should never stop you from doing the right thing. Just my :2cents:

Edited by crossfire

Now, you could make a pretty good argument that this is a situation in which he should exercise that power, and rightfully so.[b] But until he does so, flags should be kept flying high.[/b]

My take is, don't acknowledge the Traitor In Chiefs authority or wishes, lower it anyway. 

• Like 1

Tennessee Governor called for the flag to be lowered along with other states Governors. Any Fed buildings are still waiting for so called president to do the right thing. Don't hold your breath.

Stars & Stripes has this to say http://www.stripes.com/news/us/no-explanation-by-obama-on-flags-not-lowered-to-half-staff-for-chattanooga-shootings-1.358915

A technicality should never stop you from doing the right thing. Just my :2cents:

I didn't realize Haslam had called for the flag to be lowered. But if you want the flag honored properly, you should indeed wait for the order from the governor or President. Just like we get pissed when someone dishonors the flag by wearing it as a garment, stepping on it, etc. you should honor it by following the flag code and only lowering it when called to do so. This isn't about Obama. It's about respecting the flag and the code that is in place to ensure consistent handling of it.

• Like 1

They announced this morning that the the flags at the Capital are being lowered to half staff

http://www.wsmv.com/story/29595517/capitol-flags-at-half-staff-in-honor-of-chattanooga-shooting-victims

At least they didn't waste any time [emoji57]

It should have been within the day. This is different than soldiers killed in action. It was an obvious terror attack on U.S. soil. No brainier for any President who has the ability to think freely.
  • Like 2

I posted this in another thread yesterday, before this one was started.

"The only flag not at half-staff in Dunlap, Tennessee is at the Post office. When I called and asked why, they claimed they were not authorized by the Fed. to lower it to half-staff.  I haven't felt this disgusted with our so called leaders in Washington  since I was advised not to wear my uniform in public when I returned from Vietnam, back in the 60's". :surrender:

" I was advised not to wear my uniform in public when I returned from Vietnam, back in the 60's"

I was told this also. When I stepped off the plane at the airport I was proudly wearing my Dress Blues and yea they had to be dry cleaned after I got home from all the spit and tomatoes and many other things I was hit with but I never once lowered my head. I served with pride and dignity and was not about to let the cowardly draft dodges take that from me................... :usa:

• Like 9

I didn't realize Haslam had called for the flag to be lowered. But if you want the flag honored properly, you should indeed wait for the order from the governor or President. Just like we get pissed when someone dishonors the flag by wearing it as a garment, stepping on it, etc. you should honor it by following the flag code and only lowering it when called to do so. This isn't about Obama. It's about respecting the flag and the code that is in place to ensure consistent handling of it.

Dishonor is only in someones heart, sometimes being rebelious is more honorable and patriotic and by no means do I view someone wearing the Stars And Stripes on a jacket as dishonorable if their intentions are patriotic. Refusing to acknowledge the, ugg, gag, dishonorable President in this matter is honorable and patriotic.

Dishonor is only in someones heart, not in some code.

Edited by K191145

I do not believe it is part of the flag code to lower the flag at the White House because a soldier or soldiers are killed while on duty.

Although Bush is no longer president, and the nightly news doesn't begin each broadcast with a "death count" anymore, you guys do realize we still have troops fighting and being killed on a regular basis in Afghanistan as well as other places?

If the flag was flown at half staff each time a service member died, I expect half staff would be the normal mode of flying.

Please don't think I'm discounting the soldiers' lives. I'm not. I'm just saying that if you want to criticize our president, there is more than ample material to use without knitpicky stuff like this.

• Like 4