Gunman opens fire in Lafayette, LA Movie Theater

I thought it strange also when I learned the age of this last shooter. But then I guess anyone can be crazy at any age.  I have quit trying to figure out all the craziness going on in this world today. I just know and agree with a couple other folks here that have said, unless I have to pass through a metal detector I'm gonna be armed. If I would have been in that theater when that last guy began his shooting rampage there would have been two guns in that theater. His and Mine and Mine would have been returning hot lead back in his direction. I'm sure he would have been as easy target since everyone around him would have been on the floor and he would be the only one standing.  Everyday I become more and more of a Sheep Dog and less and less a Sheep. I have not been to a movie theater in years and have no plans about going any time soon but even back years ago when I would go with a few family members or friends I always sat in an isle seat and never in the middle of the crowd................jmho

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 2

Typical of the news media, there're articles about the theater shooting at the top of the news page, then this crap a little further down:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/11759907/Barack-Obama-says-failure-to-change-gun-laws-his-biggest-frustration.html

Seems the media is already grubbing around and trying to blame the guns again, instead of the lunatics and nut-jobs who actually pull the trigger.

I guess they've all forgotten how many people Timothy McVeigh killed without ever firing a shot.

If I recall correctly, McVeigh was a subject in the MK Ultra experiments. If government is good at something, it's destroying people's lives. No telling how many other high profile killings are directly linked with government activity. Edited by Ted S.

I am about done with being a law abiding citizen unless I have to walk through a metal detector...

Last time I went to the theater I didn't see any no gun signs, I really didn't look for any either. Don't look don't see. 

The best way to survive is to be at home. The theatre just doesn't offer what it used to.
I mean, we by no means have the finest tv ever made; But my chair sits three feet away from a 55" LED, HD, 3D Samsung. The sound is more than I can tolerate.

If that weren't enough, there's a local place here in town that specializes in high end home entertainment. This guy did the home entertainment systems seen on the show 'Nashville', in some woman's home...I dunno. Anyway, he can break the glass in his store front with what he offers.

Netflix, redbox, on demand, and a DVR. Deadbolted doors, Ar-15's and castle doctrine. Yep, I watch my movies at home now. The last installation of The Hobbit was and will be the last movie I see in a theater. Fear? Maybe, but if I get shot up during a movie, you can bet it's cause the woman finally had enough of my :poop: and if you're gonna get gunned down, it oughta be by a loved one.
  • Like 2

The best way to survive is to be at home. The theatre just doesn't offer what it used to.
I mean, we by no means have the finest tv ever made; But my chair sits three feet away from a 55" LED, HD, 3D Samsung. The sound is more than I can tolerate.

If that weren't enough, there's a local place here in town that specializes in high end home entertainment. This guy did the home entertainment systems seen on the show 'Nashville', in some woman's home...I dunno. Anyway, he can break the glass in his store front with what he offers.

Netflix, redbox, on demand, and a DVR. Deadbolted doors, Ar-15's and castle doctrine. Yep, I watch my movies at home now. The last installation of The Hobbit was and will be the last movie I see in a theater. Fear? Maybe, but if I get shot up during a movie, you can bet it's cause the woman finally had enough of my :poop: and if you're gonna get gunned down, it oughta be by a loved one.

When I was young I heard from adult that I'd go blind sitting that close to a tv! :) Edited by Ugly

Well that's Thursday's shooting. Wonder were Friday's will be. This is beyond rediculous.

Friday and the weekend is covered by "gang related" shootings that kill far more people but they never make the national news because it doesn't fit the agenda.

• Like 2

If I recall correctly, McVeigh was a subject in the MK Ultra experiments. If government is good at something, it's destroying people's lives. No telling how many other high profile killings are directly linked with government activity.

Doesn't much matter, does it?  Still took a live person to build the bomb, park the van, etc.

Guns don't go shoot people on their own, Fertilizer and diesel fuel don't combine themselves then go blow up a building, Anthrax doesn't climb into an envelope and mail it's self. It takes a PERSON to do all those things.

But nobody wants to address that 'cause then they'll have to admit that there's nothing they can do about any of it 'til it's too late and after the fact.

BTW... anybody anywhere saying what this latest psycho's possible motivation might have been? I've heard/read a fair bit about him and what happened, but not the first thing about any possible "why". Granted, "crazy" doesn't necessarily need a reason... at least not one any of us would recognize.

• Like 1

Doesn't much matter, does it?  Still took a live person to build the bomb, park the van, etc.

Guns don't go shoot people on their own, Fertilizer and diesel fuel don't combine themselves then go blow up a building, Anthrax doesn't climb into an envelope and mail it's self. It takes a PERSON to do all those things.

But nobody wants to address that 'cause then they'll have to admit that there's nothing they can do about any of it 'til it's too late and after the fact.

BTW... anybody anywhere saying what this latest psycho's possible motivation might have been? I've heard/read a fair bit about him and what happened, but not the first thing about any possible "why". Granted, "crazy" doesn't necessarily need a reason... at least not one any of us would recognize.

He was an asshole

• Like 1

Ran across an interesting article mixed in with the stuff on the theater shooting:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-heroux/why-the-shootings-will-co_b_7865480.html

Although I don't agree with everything in it, I do wish when shootings and such occur, we saw more like it and fewer of the "Just ban all of those evil guns and our troubles will be over" variety.

• Like 1