How do I pocket carry a Glock 43?

Bassoneer

Picked up a Glock 43 on Saturday and ran several hundred rounds through it on Sunday (flawless by the way)...love this little gun so far.  I did accidentally hit the mag release one time with my thumb but that was my fault - the gun seems to be 100% reliable. 

Now my question - I have a 19 that I carry OWB in a couple different holsters, but would prefer to "pocket carry" this 43. Our buddy Hickock45 recommended Alabama Holsters - they have a Kydex holster for around $40 that has a big hook on the bottom to grab your pocket when withdrawing the weapon...that should work (see photo below).  Has anybody here tried anything else?  As a last resort I suppose I could do IWB carry, and I do that with some other guns, but really wanted to pocket-carry this little fella. 

front_pocket-300x3001_zpsuz0isye5.jpg

Thanks in advance, B!

I've had a couple pocket holsters from Alabama Holsters. They're good holsters, a little more curved than other pocket holsters I've tried. With the front being smooth it helps with printing too. The hook will grab on most pockets and you also have a thumb ramp to push on to help draw.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that even though the G-43 is smaller than some other compact pistols is still larger than a Ruger LCP or K-T P3AT. These little .380's and a few others are true pocket sized pistols for curret pant styles and pocket sizes. Does this mean you cannot make the G-43 work as a pocket pistol? No. It means you'll need to put a little thought into which pants will work the most effectivly and perhaps have deeper pockets installed in some of your trousers.

As an aside an all kydex pocket holster can be a slippery little devil even with the designed hook intended to keep it inside the pocket when drawing the pistol. A really simple fix is a jumbo rubber band wrapped around the holsters circumfrence. Another is to rivit a band of leather roughside out across the front side of the holster. Yeah, I like to tinker around with kydex and leather...

• Like 2

With my recent purchase of my LCP I got a Desantis and find it very comfortable and it doesn't slide around. My only 2cents because I'm usually don't carry in pockets but like it now that Ive tried it. Also like my ankle holster.

• Like 1

Glock 43 significantly larger than Kahr PM/CM, which is the largest gun I myself would pocket carry:

Glock43-KahrPM9.jpg

Which means IWB/OWB. Which means I'd choose something more than 6+1.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 4

You guys must have big pockets.

Thats what I was thinking. I tried the G43 for one day pocket carry. I tried to draw it...it would have been faster just to pull a brick out of my pocket. Now I carry it IWB and don't even know its there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have nothing but good things to say about the remora sticky holster.  It clings well to the inside of my pocket, so you get the gun and not the holster. 

While its not the smallest gun on the market, modern men's jeans and dress pants come in flavors that have large pockets if you look for those when you buy.  I could carry a glock 17 or 19 in some of my dress pants pockets.  Jeans are not quite that big but I can still sit my Makarov or cz rami  in there.  These bigger guns *FIT* but drawing them isn't as clean as a smaller model and printing can become an issue esp for wide bodies.   The one I actually carry, sig 938, fits in my jeans pockets behind my wallet with room for my hand in there on top of it all.  Not sure how the glock compares to the sig, ... 

the thing about pocket carry is you may need to buy new pants.  Just like big gun guys buy belts and big shirts to pull over em and special holsters and all that... pocket carry means buying pants, often.   Its just part of it.

• Like 1

For the vast majority of people the G43 IS NOT a pocket gun. 

I second the above comment.  If you are 6'8" and 400lbs and always wear coveralls then pocket carry of a 43 is no issue.

Must respectfully disagree with these statements.  Of course there will be some very small folks who wouldn't be able to get a little .22 baby gun in their front pocket, or maybe they have painted on designer jeans, but Hickok45 carried the 43 in his front pocket using an Alabama Holster (see Youtube).  It is a very small gun that is very thin and light...I tried it in the store without a holster and it is in the same range as my 642 (which is probably the most popular pocket gun in the US). I ran several drills with it last weekend using a different pocket holster and it worked perfectly every time without any issues.  I certainly think it is appropriate and won't be a problem for a majority of the population.  If it doesn't work for some reason with the Alabama holster I'll go IWB, but I expect it will be fine.  Anyway, I never questioned the size of the gun - those measurements are all over the internet and the gun is readily available at gun stores to try for yourself (or not).  My only question was how best to carry this small gun in a front pocket and I think several have agreed with and confirmed what Hickock45 recommended...that's the way I'm headed. 

Glock-Comp.jpg

Thanks for the helpful and positive input guys, B

Edited by Bassoneer
  • Like 1

I'll vouch for the Alabama Holster. If that doesn't work for you, try the Desantis and Sticky holster.

I would personally do the Desantis before the sticky holster...but thats just me. I need something with a hook on it and the sticky holster relies on friction to stay in place so it can move around if you pull a gun out of your pocket. Just my 2 cents anyway...

• Like 1