Novelty guns

Sam1

While waiting on Rugerla to show up at the armory today I scoped out quite possibly the ugliest gun ever built.  the .22lr zip gun.  Had to buy it for purely novelty purposes.

Have not shot it, don't really intend on it but from what I read online, this thing should shoot sub-MOA unscoped at 1200 yards.  Is definitely in the leagues of my AR10, and since the ammo is cheaper I may just start using it to hunt large game.

Here she is in all of her glory - haven't came up with a name yet but some on the internet know it as "possibly the most pointless gun that has ever been built"

20150822_132110.jpg

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HePqZGfVqRI

I haven't seen one, but after your post, I went to youtube and enjoyed Ray Barone's review on the Zipgun. :rofl:

***WARNING!!!!!!! Language NOT safe for work!!!!!!!!!****

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 3

I haven't seen one, but after your post, I went to youtube and enjoyed Ray Barone's review on the Zipgun.

This one is definitely just a talking piece. It's one of the first models that requires an update, and the company is so cheap they just put the parts in a bag in the box and you have to do the upgrade yourself.

This thing is comical. They even make a silencer kit so you can mount one on it. Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1

There is a rail on them. About as useful as the overall design :rofl:

I actually think they're neat, operating system is interesting and the action is simple enough. I think with a better design these would be selling as fast as they could make them. A design you could comfortably hold. Don't forget the ejection port is on the right hand side and pretty easy to block or even totally cover were you to use your middle finger to shoot these as seems sort of intuitive holding them.

Mines a novelty too. Bought pretty much the same way for the same reasons. I did fire one round through mine after a fair amount of taunting. Heres mine next to a few other novelty guns.

6B9673F3-13E5-4996-B832-70E3F6B93B70-100

Edited by TrickyNicky
  • Like 1

I'm still laughing at idjuts video and his fasination with the sixth letter of the alphabet. :rofl: Very entertaining and most likely intentionally so.​ And yes I can see the curiosity and novelty aspects of the pistol in question here. 

• Like 1

it mounts on your AR as a forend grip.

3-courtesy-usfirearms.com_.jpg

As they mention, needs a SBR stamp to go on a rifle. But you could put it on an AR pistol, and as a long as it's 26" legal OAL, doesn't matter if ATF also calls it a vertical forward grip or not.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Sam1 when you said you were getting something different, I wasn't prepared for what I saw behind that counter lol. It really is worth getting it for the same reason you stated "Just to have it"!
Definitely a conversation starter :up:

Just one of those things, they probably sell a lot of them for the same reason... have them on the shelf beside 1911's, so you're looking and looking at the nice stuff and then WTF is that thing contaminating the scenery?  :rofl:

• Like 1

Just one of those things, they probably sell a lot of them for the same reason... have them on the shelf beside 1911's, so you're looking and looking at the nice stuff and then WTF is that thing contaminating the scenery?  :rofl:

Lmao, very true! By the way, nice to meet you and enjoyed talking to you about all 50 subjects we covered Haha.

Lmao, very true! By the way, nice to meet you and enjoyed talking to you about all 50 subjects we covered Haha.

Yeah, think we covered everything from global warming to making no-bake cookies in about two hours.  

• Like 1

i like the chiappa little badger!
df67a8058fedc6aad55e8ff52fee5d54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, its either this or smoke signals!

I have the .22 mag version. It's a fun little gun to shoot with a surprisingly AWESOME trigger. It'll reach on out there too. I shot mine @ 100 yds before and wasn't disappointed.

I wish it folded down flat like a Sub 2000 does instead of folding into a "V" shape, but it still fits in a small backpack.