AK Mags for .95 !

Yeah that stinks. What is the difference?

You will need to install a bullet guide, which is a small piece of metal that goes in the receiver just in front of the chamber. You will also probably need to file down the top of the mag catch.
Once that is done any AK mag will work.
http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/category_s/1931.htm Edited by Smith

You will need to install a bullet guide, which is a small piece of metal that goes in the receiver just in front of the chamber. You will also probably need to file down the top of the mag catch.
Once that is done any AK mag will work.
http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/category_s/1931.htm

Ok, never really knew. Mine is Bulgarian so I'm good. 

I actually have not had any more problems out of Tapco than any other polymer magazine. ProMag, on the other hand, has had a 100% failure rate for me. I won't even buy ProMag magazines for $1 because it is wasted money in my eyes.

I have had the lips swell enough that the magazines would randomly, and spontaneously, empty themselves. The other issue is if the magazines EVER land on anything hard they crack or break a lot easier than I thought they should.

They would work great as a range only magazine if you treated them gingerly, didn't pre load them and did not drop them.

Give it a year or two and they will likely be worth 40-50 times what you paid, that is the ONLY value in ProMag magazines.
  • Like 2
Promag = universally bad. If you have one that works, it's just a matter of time.

Tapco = good reliable.

The only caveat is that some poly mags can be real tight in the mag well. This is usually the issue you find with Tapco's. Also, poly mags tend to break at the tabs if you drop them loaded or they fall on the ground.

There are a few Bulgarian poly mags (circle 10's) and a few commercially made Bulgarian poly mags that have steel reinforced tabs and feed lips. If course they start at around $24 and go way up from there.

All my AK mags are commie surplus and work great. E. German, Chinese and Russian 30 rounders bought at the gun show years ago. What's the deal with the fancy polymer AK mags anyway? They are not THAT much lighter than the stamped steel. Can the old surplus still be found at a decent price? 

This has to do with AmmunitionToGo? Starting in Knoxville?

(Otherwise looks normal)

- OS

Kinda ignorant for a package to go from Southhaven, MS (basically Memphis) up to Memphis then to Nashville all the way to Knoxville to go back to straight South of Nashville.

Edited by Garufa