Thanks to the Internet, this countrry is in deep doodoo!

E4 No More

I tend to get my news from different sources because I haven't trusted the "media" since about 1983 when a reporter told a fellow LEO that she'd make something up if he didn't tell her his story when he killed someone in the line of duty. I don't trust anyone with a clear agenda whether it be individuals, FOX News or MSNBC. But what is troubling to me isn't the reporting but rather what I see in the comments section below the stories.

Time and again the comments below the story interject politics regardless of whether or not the story is a political one. Time and again the comments consist of insulting remarks towards others that they don't even know, nor would they have the guts to say the same in person. Keyboard Commandos is what I call such individuals, and it seems that this county is just chock full of them! Heck, Ive even seen them on this moderated forum although they don't tend to last very long! It seems like civil discourse is a thing of the past anymore, and that's a big red flag for me as far as this country's very survival is concerned. Nothing gets done because people are too charged up with an us versus them mentality and hurt feelings. Sort of, "Why should I discuss anything with someone who can only hurl insults at me?" type of mindset.

Consider that in the 1800's there were disagreements concerning various ideas as to how this country should be operated, and those disagreements eventually devolved into The American Civil War in 1861. This was a time of a more civil discourse between parties, and it turned into one of the bloodiest times in our history still impacting us today! Today we have Facebook and Twitter that can take a disagreement to hostilities in mere minutes. Also consider that one of the common denominators with the mass shooters in recent history is their use of the Internet. Could it be that people who feel socially awkward in public turn to the Internet and its unregulated conduct just to find the worst in human interactions, and then they flip that switch that says everybody sucks and deserves to die?

I've seen some members of this forum comment upon how there would never be another civil war - and chastise others for even thinking that there will be - but I submit that the evidence indicates the contrary. I'm watching our society devolve into a bunch of rude :poop: heads that have no respect for anyone else, their opinion, or even their life. I see it on the roads with what we've termed "Road Rage," and I've seen it in our politics, entertainment, and even in religion of all places. I see other countries that do not like us do their best to exert pressure as well. I see our country polarizing to a degree that I've never witnessed in my 55 years, so what makes the terrifying idea of a civil war coming so far out there? This time it won't be North against South, but rather Conservative versus Liberal with it being even harder to identify the enemy. And this time it will weaken us at a time when other countries are just waiting for that right moment to attack, and then we'll be screwed.

Yes, I don't foresee good things for this country because I don't see any way to change the pathway before us.

• Like 4

I agree. If people spent as much time sending emails and letters, or calling their reps about the issues rather than "liking" the crap on Facebook, or venting on the comment sections, something might change. Instead they just bitch about everything. I get an email from something called Megavote and it shows everything our reps voted on in the time frame of the emails. I've sent emails to our reps on a lot of things based on how they voted. If it's something good, I commend them if its not then I tell them about it and tell them why I feel that way. Of course I do have more time than lots of people to do this. I even get a reply every now and then. 

I definitely agree with this line of thinking - ever since message boards and chat rooms were developed people have used the cyber domain as a geopolitical battlespace.

I see it too - on news outlets, Facebook pages and YouTube videos the comments devolve into insults, racism, mildly concealed threats and sheer stupidity and ignorance.

A lot of this has to do with the lack of interpersonal communications. Which is not all bad - we connect at greater rates thanks to boards like Reddit, TGO, etc...but people who dont have any damn sense get online and exert that "Keyboard Commando" style.

No logical discourse, no supporting facts other than Wiki or heresay (*cough* DamYankee *cough*). And kids see this and take on the same mindset.

No one wants to contact their Reps they rather be Tumblr/Facebook social rights ninjas by pushing out irrelevent and false information. The masses eat it up. Hell; Europeans and Australians love bashing on America, and Americans agree.

They blame it on the "right wing." To everyone else we are rednecks who cling to guns and bibles. They say we hate blacks and mexicans. We are KKK members, we support mass shootings (or the Govt organizes it). Most news is built on conspiracy theories rather than facts.

Back in the day we had the Black Knight Sattelite and Area 51 now EVERYTHING is scrutinized to the point of brainwashing - the govt works with "Big Pharma" to poison us. We invented Bin Laden. We insert agents for Mass Shootings. We put GPS trackers in vaccines. We blow up Mosques and hospitals...the list goes on, we have all seen it.

All my colleagues from HS, college and even the Army drink the KoolAid too. People love stirring the pot. Lies, slander, defamation and misinformation are just tools of the trade - they are not "wrong" anymore.

Using all the social media spawned ignorance the nefarious politcal parties in America can act with impunity the recruit young Americans into their sects and continue to attempt to cast us into some sort of communist country.

Hell - Libertarians are mildly concealed Anarchists that just want to legalize pot. Hardcore Conservatives are too hard lined and "Old Guard" to recruit any young people.

The whole "Nanny State" thing is very much real. Dont like someone? Call them a racist and retard redneck. Hack their FB, trace their IP, make some stupid hash tag campaign.

It is sad when celebrities and TV personalities hold more sway than community leaders or politicans.

Many people rather listen to Kanye or Lady Gaga than anything else. The Nuclear Family is under attack. Planned Parenthood and unemployment/welfare is the go to answer. They rely on the govt and then hate them too.

The Neo Feminist tells our sisters and daughters to go have sex with everyone. Go out and drink, get abortions, get an Arts degree - destabilize yourself and join groups of washed up burn outs.

Hedonism is just having fun.
Breaking the law is having fun.
Flaming people online is having fun...did you get flamed for being an ignoranus? That person is racist and launch an anti bullying campagain to show you "care"

Churchs are evil! Dont tithe to them but donate money to the DNC, Planned Parenthood and social media initiatives! They'll square you away! You dont need parental guidance - theyre Baby Boomers/Gen X they dont understand!

I can go on and on about this.

The end is nigh.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

We will see a war on our soil again, no way it would not happen. It is just a matter of when but I believe we are getting very close. And it is just not our country but the entire world. Find me a country that has not been in some sort of military fray in the last 10 years. The vast majority of the countries on this planet are dealing with terrorism or the muslim invaders attacking the countries internally. We have been largely devoid of the type of protests and antics these types pull in the EU but that will someday change as well. They have done it in every other country so they know exactly what they are doing and they will do it here.

On top of that threat we have the threat of our own government attacking us. They are calling gun owners terrorists and feel like the veterans they are a threat. Well you know what, they are and especially so when they are not treated like the patriots they are. At some point something does have to give because we cannot keep going like we are and hope to survive as a country.

But make no mistake there will be US blood shed at some point in our future.

• Like 9

We will see a war on our soil again, no way it would not happen. It is just a matter of when but I believe we are getting very close. And it is just not our country but the entire world. Find me a country that has not been in some sort of military fray in the last 10 years. The vast majority of the countries on this planet are dealing with terrorism or the muslim invaders attacking the countries internally. We have been largely devoid of the type of protests and antics these types pull in the EU but that will someday change as well. They have done it in every other country so they know exactly what they are doing and they will do it here.

On top of that threat we have the threat of our own government attacking us. They are calling gun owners terrorists and feel like the veterans they are a threat. Well you know what, they are and especially so when they are not treated like the patriots they are. At some point something does have to give because we cannot keep going like we are and hope to survive as a country.

But make no mistake there will be US blood shed at some point in our future.

They call the veterans a threat because they tend to be mostly conservative patriots. It isn't a mystery why both sides look at politics when choosing the high command staff.

• Like 1
A good example last week. Big outrage about the bear hunt they had down here in FL 2 weeks ago. I read a post from an Internet badass that said he was "going to go out in the woods on Saturday and find hunters and punch them in the face."
Turns out I didn't here no news about that happening. But it's an example of the type you're speaking of.

we are going to have a reset.  things will be bad when it happens.  it is best to be ready for it.  it will be hard on everybody.  teach your kids the basic things they should know to make it when the reset comes.  it looks like there are more of them than us.  

• Like 1
I don’t see it happening over or because of any political beliefs.

There are too many people like “us” that would put a quick stop to it. “Us” being those of us that are Patriots and will not stand by wringing our hands while someone attempts to overthrow our government or way of life. That group would die where they make their stand.

It certainly wouldn’t be a race war; that won’t happen.

However, it could turn into a free for all if our economy and our government collapses.

If you want to blame the internet or the government; so be it, but they didn’t cause the problems and we are the only ones that can fix them. I don’t really see that happening, far too many are only concerned with themselves.
  • Like 2

I don’t see it happening over or because of any political beliefs.

There are too many people like “us” that would put a quick stop to it. “Us” being those of us that are Patriots and will not stand by wringing our hands while someone attempts to overthrow our government or way of life. That group would die where they make their stand.

It certainly wouldn’t be a race war; that won’t happen.

However, it could turn into a free for all if our economy and our government collapses.

If you want to blame the internet or the government; so be it, but they didn’t cause the problems and we are the only ones that can fix them. I don’t really see that happening, far too many are only concerned with themselves.

This about a million times over!!!

This. A "civil war" or "revolution" requires two armed sides willing to ally against the other, and we just don't really have those, nor can I see them developing.

But anarchy is a very real possibility -- there you have millions of "sides".

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I gotta say that the OP missed one thing....the overwhelming evidence of laziness in addition to being "a bunch of rude :poop: heads". It's easy to be a keyboard commando. It's much harder to actually go out and take up arms. It's even harder to do that and stick with it. Our society moves from one thing to another very quickly.

I think OS is right. If/when we have another domestic war, it will be chaos, at least for a while before it starts to congeal into factions.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1

Remember that idiot in the local bar that would mumble about something or another, talking all kinds of a big game, when you knew full well all he was ever going to do was go home and piss himself, then come back and plant himself on the same stool tomorrow?

As far as I'm concerned, that's the majority of the internet.  Talk is cheap when you're on a bar stool or behind a keyboard.

• Like 6

This. A "civil war" or "revolution" requires two armed sides willing to ally against the other, and we just don't really have those, nor can I see them developing.

But anarchy is a very real possibility -- there you have millions of "sides".

- OS

You mean like in Syria and Lebanon?

This time it won't be North against South, but rather Conservative versus Liberal with it being even harder to identify the enemy. And this time it will weaken us at a time when other countries are just waiting for that right moment to attack, and then we'll be screwed.

I do not see any other country trying to jump in here when conservative and liberals go off on each other. I look at it like two brothers.  Two brothers don't see eye to eye on anything, they fight, come to blows.  Then the kid down the road tries to take advantage of the two brothers going at each others throats.  

Nothing will unify a divided family like an outsider trying to stick their nose into it.  

and fwiw there has been road rage as long as there has been two or more cars on the road.

I do pick up what you are putting down though.

I do not see any other country trying to jump in here when conservative and liberals go off on each other. I look at it like two brothers.  Two brothers don't see eye to eye on anything, they fight, come to blows.  Then the kid down the road tries to take advantage of the two brothers going at each others throats.  

Nothing will unify a divided family like an outsider trying to stick their nose into it.  

The middle east has a similar philosophy..."me against my brother, my brothers and I against our cousins, my cousins and I against strangers" or something to that effect. 

and fwiw there has been road rage as long as there has been two or more cars on the road.

I do pick up what you are putting down though.

I agree to the first part but not your conclusion. The movie Independence Day is a good illustration of how opposing sides will band together to fight a more powerful and common foe. A smart enemy will attack when we are weakened, and if they wait long enough we'd be weak enough to easily conquer regardless of our attempts to rally together. Just that simple process of rallying can take too long to be effective. 

I agree to the first part but not your conclusion. The movie Independence Day is a good illustration of how opposing sides will band together to fight a more powerful and common foe. A smart enemy will attack when we are weakened, and if they wait long enough we'd be weak enough to easily conquer regardless of our attempts to rally together. Just that simple process of rallying can take too long to be effective.

Who could “easily” conquer us if there are no ROE’s to tie our hands? No matter what happens on land here; our ballistic subs are out there. What country (or group of countries) will want to take that risk? (MAD)
We are talking reality, not a movie; facts have to be dealt with.

Who could “easily” conquer us if there are no ROE’s to tie our hands? No matter what happens on land here; our ballistic subs are out there. What country (or group of countries) will want to take that risk? (MAD)
We are talking reality, not a movie; facts have to be dealt with.

The movie is to illustrate a point; not an example of real life. Ballistic subs have to communicate with a central command that is functional to its fullest, no? In a civil war do you think a central command would be working business as usual while the country tears itself apart? I highly doubt that. A civil war would fracture everything to include the military. That would degrade the responses from us to include a nuclear response. I have no doubt that countries like China who do not value human life would be willing to sacrifice a few million of their comrades for knocking us out.

I have no doubt that countries like China who do not value human life would be willing to sacrifice a few million of their comrades for knocking us out.

China would be far more focused on invading other territories while we could do nothing about it. they know that if we devolve into Civil War, it will be a while before we're strong enough to do anything on the world stage. During that time, they'll be consolidating and "legitimizing" their claims. Taiwan would be under the mainland's total control within hours, the Paracel and Spratly islands within days. Some contested Japanese islands would be next. To them, it's about the oil and mineral claims. There's nothing to gain by attacking us if we're already out of the fight. N. Korea would see the open door and move on S. Korea. Without our help, who knows which way that one would go? China has enough standing Army to both take all of those islands AND assist N. Korea with taking S. Korea if they chose too. Without our backing, the only other power in the region (Japan) would be unable to do much about any of it.

China would be far more focused on invading other territories while we could do nothing about it. they know that if we devolve into Civil War, it will be a while before we're strong enough to do anything on the world stage. During that time, they'll be consolidating and "legitimizing" their claims. Taiwan would be under the mainland's total control within hours, the Paracel and Spratly islands within days. Some contested Japanese islands would be next. To them, it's about the oil and mineral claims. There's nothing to gain by attacking us if we're already out of the fight. N. Korea would see the open door and move on S. Korea. Without our help, who knows which way that one would go? China has enough standing Army to both take all of those islands AND assist N. Korea with taking S. Korea if they chose too. Without our backing, the only other power in the region (Japan) would be unable to do much about any of it.

I agree that would be a probability. But China wouldn't be the first country in recent history that got too confident and bit-off more than they could chew. Germany comes to mind here.