Has anyone given thought about terrorists Attacks here?

bersaguy

Has anyone been giving any thoughts about the terrorist threats being made on our soil and a timeline of when it might happen? I know that everyone in Security positions in Government says there are no confirmed threats known right now but then Paris didn't have any either before Friday night. I sincerely hope I am wrong but Black Friday is only a week away and every mall across this country is going to be packed with people and the malls have not announced any major increases in security for fear it would keep folks away from the stores. 2 suicide bombers could walk in a food court of a mall at lunch and how many people would be killed. If they had numerous malls targeted at same time it could be very serious to say the least. I don't think they would try using guns such as in Paris but suicide bombers would be far more effective and not noticeable till to late.

I have told my family not to go to any Malls on Black Friday and all of them have promised me they won't.

If there are no know actual threats why has many of most major cities ramped up the police presence by as many as 1500 officers or more with some bringing in National Guard for extra help.

I'm not trying to scare people of cry wolf or the sky is falling but just want people to think about what is going on right now and stay safe................. :up: :up:

I pretty much look at it as what threats are we under all of a sudden that we haven't been under for almost two decades?  It's just fresh in our minds after recent events.

I'm going to continue my normal personal security measures, but I'm not letting the possibility of a random event happening around me dictate my life.  I'll carry on (literally and metaphorically) react to contact as needed.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 4
I have been saying the time to strike would be during BF or during any Turkey Day parades.

The command and control cell would be small - if any at all, does not take much to pack a soda can or a burger king large size drink cup with some HMTD and have Habib Al-IWantVirginBoys to walk into some place

Or put it in a tent.

I did the same as you - told my family to stay their butts indoors, especially in NYC. I am sure my sister wont listen but whatevs

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I have been saying the time to strike would be during BF or during any Turkey Day parades.

They don't even need to use Black Friday to get the intended results.  Pick a random weekend in the first three weeks of December, and any place like Opry Mills is packed with slow moving, baggage laden targets practically herding themselves into kill zones within the stores.

• Like 4

They don't even need to use Black Friday to get the intended results. Pick a random weekend in the first three weeks of December, and any place like Opry Mills is packed with slow moving, baggage laden targets practically herding themselves into kill zones within the stores.

Anytime, anyplace and anywhere really.

Im not going to let it alter my routines but I have an aversion to holiday shopping anyway - that is why Jesus gave us Amazon Prime lol

• Like 4

Anytime, anyplace and anywhere really.
Im not going to let it alter my routines but I have an aversion to holiday shopping anyway - that is why Jesus gave us Amazon Prime lol

Yep. I strongly believe in Amazon and internet mail order. I never go anywhere near a mall this time of year if I can help it. Or any other time for that matter.

Well, for the most part most stores in malls also have free standing stores in other locations and most anything you would buy in a mall can be bought on line. That is for sure.

back the year after my wife passed I was trying to do Christmas shopping for grand children and parents of them and it was overwhelming for me to do it without her. That was the year my step daughter began calling me Mr Scrooge........ :up: I did all my shopping in 20 minutes about midnight at Walmart at customer Service counter. That is how long it took me to purchase Gift cards for each person I was buying for and that is what I did every year after that until they were all grown and then I quit. I will start back again this year for a couple of my Great Grand children but it will be gift cards again.................... :rofl: 

• Like 1
It will happen; but I won’t live in fear because of it. There is no point in throwing out your ideas of what could happen; we all know it.

I’m sure Police Departments are hiring and deploying all the help their budgets will allow. Fill us in on where and why the National Guard is being deployed? I haven’t heard about that.

LOL....yep. What amazing comfort and calm I feel when behind those "NO GUNS" signs..... :squint:

Don't remember how it feels since I don't go in a place that has them and have not in a long long time. No plans on it anytime soon. Well need to back up a tad. Was in Hospital last winter but was still safe as many of my friends that visited and some family that visited had my back and pretty much were there all the time I was......... :up:

• Like 1

It will happen; but I won’t live in fear because of it. There is no point in throwing out your ideas of what could happen; we all know it.

I’m sure Police Departments are hiring and deploying all the help their budgets will allow. Fill us in on where and why the National Guard is being deployed? I haven’t heard about that.

I will not live in fear of it happening and alter my way of life because about 70% of the time I'm at home, 10% out buying groceries and the rest of the time I am driving somewhere like 65 miles to doctor one way. So unless the terrorists target my house I am safe from that. Home invasion is more likely.  

My guess is around Christmas or New Years. Where, I have no clue...find it really hard to believe they would attack New York again so I would lean towards maybe the DC area? That would make sense...

I don't think DC would be because they have said they are going to target it. They know Security will be really beefed up anyplace they have said they will target. I would guess somewhere in the Heartland. Maybe Chicago or St Louis. I mean they did hit Boston which one would have considered a soft target. Was zero talk or chatter of Boston at all and Boom!!!!

Don't remember how it feels since I don't go in a place that has them and have not in a long long time. No plans on it anytime soon. Well need to back up a tad. Was in Hospital last winter but was still safe as many of my friends that visited and some family that visited had my back and pretty much were there all the time I was......... :up:

I'm with you Bersaguy. I don't go into malls either and really haven't in a long time. I have had to go to a hospital a couple of times and couldn't help it, but I avoid all gun free zones as much as possible.

I know this is a TN wide forum, but I have told friends and family repeatedly that Nashville, as an "icon" of country music and mainstream America ( yes I know the reality of who now lives in Davidson County hardly matches that stereotype), is a prime target.  Particularly since NY, DC, LA are more hardened targets at this point.

I would not be the least bit surprised if Nashville is on a lot of short lists as a prime target.  

• Administrator

The next few weeks through the Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years holidays are going to be worthy of tremendous caution on the part of anyone with common sense and even an inkling of self-preservation.   As for me and mine, we definitely plan to...

• Avoid malls
  • Avoid movie theaters
  • Avoid large advertised gatherings of people
  • Go armed everywhere we can
  • Not go anywhere we can't

Worth your consideration:

Former CIA Double Agent/Al Qaeda Member: Another Attack Coming in '2 Weeks'

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/11/17/former-al-qaeda-terrorist-america-may-face-copycat-terror-attack

• Like 3