Would you be suspicious ............

xsubsailor

If this was Iraq, completely different context, but in America aren't we supposed to wait for some kind of illegal activity before jumping the gun on things?

No, I can assure you that cops don’t need to wait until a crime is committed to investigate suspicious activity. Court isn’t held on the street and it’s just a case where cops get to be proactive instead of reactive. They can be detained for investigation without being arrested.

They have declared war on us on our homeland. We can stand around and wring our hands or we can do something about it.

If this was someone being reported for buying guns and ammo, and the local police, as well as the feds were tracking it for no legitimate reason, we'd be having convulsions over it.

Apples and oranges. You will always have someone upset if the feds track firearm purchases; even when a Middle Eastern man makes multiple purchases at once or in a short period of time. That doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be investigated. And it doesn’t mean he won’t start dropping bodies after it is investigated. It means they do what they can do.

If they feel their rights have been violated they have the same recourse you do; get a lawyer and deal with it.
  • Like 1

If this was Iraq, completely different context, but in America aren't we supposed to wait for some kind of illegal activity before jumping the gun on things? 

Not if you're interested in preventing illegal activity. If the police become aware of something suspicious, they will detain and question people and base any further actions on the answers to their questions. For example, if you're loitering on a street corner at 3 am, you will meet the nice officer in the first patrol car that goes by.
We have a side business that has me in strange neighborhoods at 2-3 am and I usually meet the local PD. A Stange SUV driving slowly looking for house numbers does look very suspicious. I just know that I am doing nothing illegal and after a short conversation with the LEO we have a good laugh and we are on our way. I have never once thought I was being targeted or accused of anything. I think as long as you are on the up and up you should never take offense of them doing their job.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk Edited by LI0NSFAN
  • Like 2

I have sent a proposed bill to my legislator. Cell phones should be outlawed if they are capable of dialing more than 10 numbers, can be modified to auto dial, or can be silenced. A five day mandatory waiting period should be in place after a Federal  records check. The buyer should also have an affidavit from his doctor stating he has no medical health problems. WE KNOW TO DEAL WITH THIS PROBLEM!

• Like 1

What law do you break when you buy ___ number of pseudoephedrine?

TCA 39-17-431

(c )  (1 ) A pharmacy shall not sell products containing ephedrine or pseudoephedrine base, or their salts, isomers or salts of isomers to the same person in an amount more than:

(A ) Five and seventy-six hundredths (5.76) grams in any period of thirty (30 ) consecutive days; or

(B ) Twenty-eight and eight tenths (28.8) grams in any one-year period.

(2 ) A person shall not purchase products containing ephedrine or pseudoephedrine base, or their salts, isomers or salts of isomers in an amount more than:

(A ) Five and seventy-six hundredths (5.76) grams in any period of thirty (30 ) consecutive days; or

(B ) Twenty-eight and eight tenths (28.8) grams in any one-year period.

(3 ) The limits in this subsection (c ) shall apply whether one (1 ) form of identification required in subsection (d ) is used to make the purchase or if two (2 ) or more forms of identification required in subsection (d ) are used to purchase the products. The limits contained in this subsection (c ) shall apply to the amount of ephedrine or pseudoephedrine base, or their salts, isomers, or salts of isomers contained in a product. The prohibitions contained in this subsection (c ) shall not apply to a person who obtains the product or products pursuant to a valid prescription issued by a licensed healthcare practitioner authorized to prescribe by the laws of the state.
Edited by monkeylizard

If you want them in quantity, you can buy them from distributor cheaper, just like Wally does. And just like people who do sell them in stop n' robs and malls.

Of course, you'd leave a paper trail, and that's probably one thing these folks didn't want to do, because that wasn't really their aim.

- OS

Maybe. Sometimes Wally sells stuff cheaper than a small business can get it from their distributors.

I am usually the one to be all for this however some of yall are sounding like a bunch of snitching, crabby old ladies with the "blahh suspicious activity"

There is no way this works for the better. Now anyone buying a phone(s) is considered suspicious or any other "terrorist activity" so that should go for pharmacy supplies, tacgear, weapons, ammo, envelopes, computers, lab kits, black vehicles?

You know if white males were having the cops called on them all the time for buying guns half of you would be SOOO butthurt.

Im not a snitch. I dont care it is not my business. If we start calling the Gestapo for every suspicious thing then all of us would be in holding cells or questioned multiple times a day...

This gives the race baiters and borderline sympaths more reason to keep tooting their horns. None of this will end well.

Look at us arguing about this stupidity this is what they want

And the government wants this fear and discord as well...so they have latitude to go and kick in doors over anything suspicious.

Dont be a snitch. Unless Jihadi John and Jane are gunning down my block and I have no other option than to engage them, I am not getting involved in another CIA proxy war designed by secular facist f--cks who fight for special interest and tax evasion and would rather persecute their own people than the Barbarians at the Gates of Rome.

You are feeding the propaganda machine. You dont win medals for calling the damn cops. Just keep up the SA, keep your friends and family close but your gun closer

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So all they need do is put a limit on the number of cell phones one can buy and problem solved?

EDIT: BTW, this was in Missouri; not Tennessee, no?

Yes, but I don't have any desire to try to hunt down Missouri's annotated code. Many states now have a law equal to or very similar to TN's regarding pseudo. I don't know if MO does or not.

Sudafed is used to make you well (good) or it can be used to make crystal meth (bad). Since there's no good way to know what a buyer is going to do with their pseudo, a law was passed to limit the amount available w/o a prescription with an intent to cut back on the supply available for meth production while still letting law abiding people kick their colds. Cell phones can be used for calling your mom on her birthday (good) or for detonating a bomb in a playground (bad). I suppose the point is that a law should be passed to make purchasing too many phones illegal? Or that it would be idiotic to pass a law like that? I'm not sure.

Sudafed is used to make you well (good) or it can be used to make crystal meth (bad). Since there's no good way to know what a buyer is going to do with their pseudo, a law was passed to limit the amount available w/o a prescription with an intent to cut back on the supply available for meth production while still letting law abiding people kick their colds. Cell phones can be used for calling your mom on her birthday (good) or for detonating a bomb in a playground (bad). I suppose the point is that a law should be passed to make purchasing too many phones illegal? Or that it would be idiotic to pass a law like that? I'm not sure.

That would be pretty stupid. And mind you I am not calling YOU stupid.

With that logic me buying a gun means I am going to shoot up a mall (bad) or shoot IDPA (good?)
I can buy a car to travel (good) or to run Infidels over (bad)

Projected or suspected usage to detain someone or get "reasonable suspicion" is a great way to turn us into a police state. Pretty soon Ill need to certify my daily chores with the damn local PD or the Feds.

Knee jerk laws like that fuel the special interest war machine, letting us be taken advantage of is what they want.

Most of us wont go into a place that is posted, or submit to a security screening at the movies - if the cops detained you for that wouldnt you be upset?

Playing the "nothing to worry if I am not doing anything wrong" falls apart in this world of suspicious activity. You say you dont want your 2A violated prompts Officer SlapsHisWife to taze and sodomize you because you MIGHT want to shoot the place up.

Now your booty hurts and you crapped yourself. Thats what will happen if we give into this "suspicious activity"

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Here is my stance, we already have reporting triggers.  Deposit or withdraw over a certain amount, buy over 5 (I think) guns within a few days, certain amount of fertilizer,  etc etc you get investigated.  If you have legitimate reasons, you go on your way no harm no foul.  There is no reason that in at least four locations across the country middle eastern men should be purchasing that many phones so closely synchronized (relatively).  In the case of the California incident, a missed opportunity to have them investigated was missed, just to be PC.

We have entered into a new era, we are being attacked physically and ideologically and we need to fight back.  If it means throwing out all that PC crap then so be it.  We all profile, whether we admit it or not; if a crime is predominantly being committed by a certain group, and if someone in that group does something suspicious report it, period.  Not reporting it is detrimental to fighting back.

• Like 1

My house got broken into a few years ago and the crooks made off with several of my firearms. After I got the insurance money (and a safe), I went to the LGS to obtain some replacements. As I walked out of the store with two Glocks, an AR15, an AK, and a 12 gauge shotgun I remember thinking "man, I hope someone doesn't think I'm about to go postal and SWAT me."

• Like 1

Yes, but I don't have any desire to try to hunt down Missouri's annotated code. Many states now have a law equal to or very similar to TN's regarding pseudo. I don't know if MO does or not.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well when you're trying to work while screwing around on the forum, sorry.

Most people fuss about trying to outlaw common things rather than LE doing their job. I'm one of them. I resent that a cheap and common over-the-counter drug is now relatively expensive, (must have a prescription for it in La Vergne now), and documented when I purchase it because criminals have figured out a way to misuse it. This also plays into the medical establishment since they charge the insurance and co-pays for the office visit/prescription. In this case buying a cell phone in-and-of itself is not suspicious: however, buying 60 for anyone, (regardless of color), would be. Although it isn't illegal it's certainly suspicious: therefore, the authorities should be made aware so that they can actually determine whether a crime is going to be committed or not.

Edited by SWJewellTN
  • Like 1

There is no reason that in at least four locations across the country middle eastern men should be purchasing that many phones so closely synchronized (relatively).

Sure there is. Ahmed runs a news-stand in Columbia, MO where he also sells pre-paid phones. He was in Wally World picking up some chicken, long-underwear, and a tire iron (because you know....it's Wal-Mart) and noticed they have a killer deal on prepaid phones. I'm talking 20% below his own costs. Why? Who knows. Maybe Wally is discontinuing that model. Maybe some bean counter in Benton wants to clear out that 18" of shelf space. Either way, Ahmed just stumbled onto a gold mine. He knows he can make a big profit on each one at his news stand. So he buys all they have.

Next thing he does is call his brother, Mahmud who runs a news stand in Saint Louis (hey...it's the family business) to tell him to check his local Wal-Mart. He does, and finds 40 in stock there at the same low low price so he buys them all. Meanwhile, Ahmed drove 15 miles away to another Wal-Mart and picks up all they have. When he gets home, he hops on the ImmigrantsRunningSmallBusinesses.com forum and shares the tale of his good fortune. Some other guys who also run businesses that sell repaid phones run out and clear out their Wal-Mart stores. Things are looking great...then Homeland Security shows up.

Now....re-read that story but change the names to Ed and Frank, the website to TGO, and change it from cell-phones to that dirt-cheap Perfecta .308 and 9mm we were jizzng in our pants about back in May. Then tell me you feel the same way.

I'm not saying that's what happened. I'm just saying that I can see how this could have been completely legitimate. Was it? I have no idea.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 7

Here is my stance, we already have reporting triggers.  Deposit or withdraw over a certain amount, buy over 5 (I think) guns within a few days, ...

No, federally, the only triggers (that we know of) for additional reporting are:

- 2 or more handguns within five days from same FFL (Form 3310.4)

- multiples of certain semi-auto rifles in the southern border states. (Form 3310.12)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot