22 wally world

I've seen more 22 ammo on the shelf in the last 3 days, than in the last couple of years. I'd stopping doing the Wally world swing bys to see if they had any 22, because I'm set for LR.

Passed on 10 boxes worth of Winchester 222 count boxes at the Walmart on Old Fort in Murfreesboro on Sunday.

Did buy 3 boxes of 100 round CCI shorts at the Antioch Walmart. This is the first shorts I've seen on the shelves in years. At least 10 more boxes left. Just now noticed they are CB. These things are a blast to shoot. Probably why no one else has picked them up. Won't cycle in most rifles, but fun to shoot with the lever gun or bolt action. Quiet as a air rifle.

Edited by oldman

I rarely see any .22 in the Knoxville area...very rarely.

As a matter of fact the ammo shelves at the Turkey Creek Walmart this past Monday were the most sparse (any handgun round) that I've seen them in several months.

I'm glad the folks in mid-TN are having a better go of it. I pretty much don't even consider shooting .22 these days...it's cheaper to shoot my "home grown" 9mm. :squint:

A few weeks ago I asked about .22's at the MJ Wally, the male clerk for that area said no at first and then said let me look. They had a stash behind other calibers that you couldn't see through the glass. FYI.

Don't ask me why, limit horders I guess? 

edited in honor of OhShoot.

Edited by kieefer

A few weeks ago I asked about .22's at the MJ Wally, the male clerk for that area said no at first and then said let me look. They had a stash behind other calibers that you couldn't see through the glass. FYI.

Good to know, I'm in there a couple of times per week and always look.  I've only seen .22 there once and couldn't find anyone to open the case. 

• Like 1

Don't get me going on the MJ walmart ran in there one day on my way home wanted to grab a few boxes of Perfecta 45 ACP

Guy told me we don't have any 22lr and walked away then the older gentleman think his name is Jim came by who is always nice guy and grabbed a two boxes of 45 for me.

The guy I spoke to was an Indian I think with a vitiligo skin condition.

I dealt with that guy a few times with good results. Especially during the run they had on Perfecta ammo they had a while back. Edited by R1100R
A couple of months ago Academy and Walmart in my area had 22lr available for a few weeks, but it didn't last. The selection at Academy dwindled to a few boxes of a couple of varieties. Walmart had shorts a week or two ago and had a few boxes of CCI 22lr for ~$0.07/rnd. Otherwise they didn't have any since the brief glut.

I rarely see any .22 in the Knoxville area...very rarely.

The only reason I was able to get a box from the LGS here was b/c the clerk was saving a few boxes for customer's purchasing rifle's! He wouldn't sell me more than the one I bought w/ the rifle! Ordered 1500rds from a retailer in Ohio will get here tomorrow. :D

You'll have to let me in on your secret sauce for the 9... I'm just getting into reloading, so that I don't have to pay 20-cents a pop @ when I take the pistols to the plinking range at ORSA...

- K

The only reason I was able to get a box from the LGS here was b/c the clerk was saving a few boxes for customer's purchasing rifle's! He wouldn't sell me more than the one I bought w/ the rifle! Ordered 1500rds from a retailer in Ohio will get here tomorrow. :D

[b]You'll have to let me in on your secret sauce for the 9... I'm just getting into reloading, so that I don't have to pay 20-cents a pop @ when I take the pistols to the plinking range at ORSA...[/b]

- K

LOL. It's no secret my friend.

Thanks to the guidance and help from folks here at TGO, like Caster and Dolomite, our little group of 4 cast, powder coat, group/bulk purchase components and load our own. We share the processes and share in the savings. Community, not communism LOL.

If I can be of any assist in any way please don't hesitate to ask, or PM me. I'm glad you are venturing into handloading. It's a great skill to develop. :up:

btw...I'm in West Knoxville and shoot regularly at ORSA.

LOL. It's no secret my friend.

Thanks to the guidance and help from folks here at TGO, like Caster and Dolomite, our little group of 4 cast, powder coat, group/bulk purchase components and load our own. We share the processes and share in the savings. Community, not communism LOL.

If I can be of any assist in any way please don't hesitate to ask, or PM me. I'm glad you are venturing into handloading. It's a great skill to develop. :up:

btw...I'm in West Knoxville and shoot regularly at ORSA.

This and offers like it are the best reasons for coming here!

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2
I wish my local Walmart stores would have some .22 on the shelves again. The same 3 vultures show up every week to clean them out before they even hit the shelves so they have time to scurry back to their flee market booth to sell them for triple what they paid!

I wish my local Walmart stores would have some .22 on the shelves again. The same 3 vultures show up every week to clean them out before they even hit the shelves so they have time to scurry back to their flee market booth to sell them for triple what they paid!

Call the ATF on them.

Call the ATF on them.

Nothing illegal about it federally. Unless you're maybe repackaging the quantities, don't even need to purchase new TN tax stamps either, and not sure you have to even then.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I gave up on 22LR.

Went airgun and haven`t looked back.

Hope my interest has put a dent in the profits of scalpers trying to sell 22LR as a sideline.

Same here with a .22 pellet air rifle that and I can shoot them in the back yard.

I've also got a replica BP9 that shoots BB's that's fun to practice with from a holster. Not very accurate though.