New Ruger American line of pistols forthcoming

musicman

First hand bad accounts always get more traction than first hand good accounts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ZWwfw2r0Y

I felt bad for Jeff in that video. He sounded like he had the flu or bad sinus infection. But he did a good review !

Jeff Quinn NEVER doesn't like anything. He never has anything negative to say.

Maybe becuase he refuses to review crappy guns . I would be the same . If I did what he did and was given a piece of $hit and tried it out , I would just send it back in to the company and explain to them that it wouldn't be a good review.

That is unacceptable.

The slide on my Bersa UC 9 will close if I slam a magazine in but it won't on a normal slow insertion while target shooting. I actually consider this a plus in the event I ever get into the probable not gonna happen shoot out.

One thing I like about MAC is that he can't be called a fanboy. He gives everything a fair shake. Hell, the guy EDC's a Sphinx. Who in heck carries a Sphinx? His reviews tend to have a bit more weight in my book but that's just me.

• Like 1

The slide on my Bersa UC 9 will close if I slam a magazine in but it won't on a normal slow insertion while target shooting. I actually consider this a plus in the event I ever get into the probable not gonna happen shoot out.

I'd expect that from a Bersa.  :P

Buy one, shoot it and find out for yourself. Keep it or sell it and move on to the next one. Works for me. biggrin.gif

I think I'll keep buying non-American made pistols just to get under your skin Dave.  :)

All kidding aside I really do like a lot of Ruger products. I love my LCR and my 10/22 and someday I'll get a GP100 and a nice leather holster to accompany it, but this new pistol does nothing for me. I'm sure Ruger will sell a butt load of these simply because of Ruger's outstanding reputation and the fact that it may likely be priced lower than the competition.

Also, salesman like Steelharp will steer people towards these simply because he likes them. ;)

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 1

One thing I like about MAC is that he can't be called a fanboy. He gives everything a fair shake. Hell, the guy EDC's a Sphinx. Who in heck carries a Sphinx? His reviews tend to have a bit more weight in my book but that's just me.

I am feeling the same way.  Lets hope they decide to make a version A with some tweaks in the backend of the gun.  Also I am looking for something I can Conceal Carry for my next purchase.  I love my Glock 19 but I haven't been able to find a holster that I can wear comfortably.

Thanks

Robert 

Edited by rmiddle

I love my Glock 19 but I haven't been able to find a holster that I can wear comfortably.

Thanks

Robert 

I'm a tiny guy and I've been comfortably carrying a Glock 19 for 6 years now. Lately I've even been carrying a Glock 17.

I don't want to derail the thread but you first need to start with a good quality belt. There are a ton of options but I love my Wilderness Instructors Belt.

Once you've laid the foundation there are 1000 holster options. I've had success with a Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB and a CompTac Paddle holster for OWB.

PM me if you want any more help. If I can carry a G19 I think anyone could.

Edited by Erik88

Maybe becuase he refuses to review crappy guns . I would be the same . If I did what he did and was given a piece of $hit and tried it out , I would just send it back in to the company and explain to them that it wouldn't be a good review.

That guy could review a Hi Point ( maybe he has idk) and there would be only positive. Don't get me wrong he doesn't lie about anything on there but he does only point out the positive, whether that is everything about the great guns or only what good he can find in the sub par guns.

I'm afraid there's far more truth in the comments section, than what I've just read in that review.

Sorry, not following you on this comment but your allowed whatever bias that suits you. Some of the early comments were snarky jabs about the review being a puff piece. Others broke down to either Ruger fanboys, Ruger haters or simply curious folks. The bottom line is that regardless of "I hate this gun" or "I love this gun" reviews the Ruger American pistol's going to have to be marked and sold to end users who actually use the product to see how it holds up. I'll look at one some time in the future but as with any new production gun wait until its been out for close to a year before considering one for purchase.

I'm afraid there's far more truth in the comments section, than what I've just read in that review.

Like what ? I read good and bad comments but most didn't mean much , just people's personal preferece. Was there something that someone said that was important ?

Sorry, not following you on this comment but your allowed whatever bias that suits you. Some of the early comments were snarky jabs about the review being a puff piece. Others broke down to either Ruger fanboys, Ruger haters or simply curious folks. The bottom line is that regardless of "I hate this gun" or "I love this gun" reviews the Ruger American pistol's going to have to be marked and sold to end users who actually use the product to see how it holds up. I'll look at one some time in the future but as with any new production gun wait until its been out for close to a year before considering one for purchase.

It's important to note, I do own a few Ruger firearms. I like their revolvers, rifles, old P-Series semi-autos, LCP's, and .22 target pistols. I have nothing against Ruger. I just feel like they've always dropped the ball when it comes these sort of carry/duty weapons, and this thing is no different. Even before this thread, I had a feeling this was going to be a flop.

Maybe the reviewers are more to blame than Ruger itself, but the hype that always seems to come with a new Ruger offering can seem to go a tad overboard.

Mine is the best pistol I've ever handled.  I've already put 1000 rounds through it and it hasn't so much as hiccuped.  Running flawlessly.  I've been carrying it for a few months now and its not bad to carry.  I'd recommend one to everyone I know. Hell, I've already ordered three more.  

Mine is the best pistol I've ever handled. I've already put 1000 rounds through it and it hasn't so much as hiccuped. Running flawlessly. I've been carrying it for a few months now and its not bad to carry. I'd recommend one to everyone I know. Hell, I've already ordered three more.

This man is obviously pleased and kind enough to buy my fair share. Ruger won't have to fret over the next electric bill. Edited by TripleDigitRide

Mine is the best pistol I've ever handled.  I've already put 1000 rounds through it and it hasn't so much as hiccuped.  Running flawlessly.  I've been carrying it for a few months now and its not bad to carry.  I'd recommend one to everyone I know. Hell, I've already ordered three more.  

I was under the impression that these had just been released.  How long have they actually been available?

• Like 2

Well I stopped by the LGS today and got to fondle one. I put a nice firm grip down on it a few times and ended up with a hotspot on my thumb knuckle. It's not for me apparently.

Steelharp was working his butt off selling things left, right, and center so I didn't get a chance to introduce myself.

• Like 1