Part deux: YouTube removed Hickok45?

Also, I think they pay like $7 per 1000 views if it's setup to earn $$

There is no set amount paid.  All advertisers participate in a real-time auction that's conducted when a search/load occurs.  The winner is calculated by a few components, including bid amount.  Google then passes a portion of the auction proceeds on to the channel owner.

Edited by MemHeli
Hickok45 is back (for now). Here he and John discuss the big offline surprise they got ...

http://youtu.be/Opy9K3j7ThE

We are fortunate to have his "no drama gun channel". I am glad they earn some compensation for their efforts since they have to put up with shenanigans such as strangers showing up uninvited on their property. They also get a bit discouraged by folks taking it upon themselves to broadcast their real names (even posted here on TGO). Why do some folks feel compelled to invade personal privacies?

Welcome back fellow's! Edited by Djay3

They also get a bit discouraged by folks taking it upon themselves to broadcast their real names (even posted here on TGO). Why do some folks feel compelled to invade personal privacies?

Welcome back fellow's!

Agree, if it wasn't private, and I would not have posted his name if I had not seen it in a public place.  I honestly was paying homage to the man, with no disrespect whatsoever since I found his name in a public place.  His name was clearly shown in The Blaze which I read on facebook, and re-read on their site moments ago.  Additionally, if one really wants to know, one only has to google Hickok45 name and get his name instantly.  So not really private after all.  

Didn't mean to irk you.   Below are two screen shots, one from The Blaze and the other a google search.

[url=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/the%20blaze%20hickok45_zpsclwvpucg.jpg.html]the%20blaze%20hickok45_zpsclwvpucg.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/hickok45%20name_zpstqicosip.jpg.html]hickok45%20name_zpstqicosip.jpg[/URL]

Edited by runco

Agree, if it wasn't private, and I would not have posted his name if I had not seen it in a public place. I honestly was paying homage to the man, with no disrespect whatsoever since I found his name in a public place. His name was clearly shown in The Blaze which I read on facebook, and re-read on their site moments ago. Additionally, if one really wants to know, one only has to google Hickok45 name and get his name instantly. So not really private after all.

Didn't mean to irk you. Below are two screen shots, one from The Blaze and the other a google search.

the%20blaze%20hickok45_zpsclwvpucg.jpg

hickok45%20name_zpstqicosip.jpg

I think the idea here is that Hickok45 himself does not spread his name. You list two sites which divulge his identity. Great. But those aren't Hickok's site. HE isn't going around telling everyone who he really is where he lives, and when is the best time to stop by for a chat. Can you probably look around and find the info? Absolutely. Is Hickok the one providing it? No.
  • Like 8

I think the idea here is that Hickok45 himself does not spread his name. You list two sites which divulge his identity. Great. But those aren't Hickok's site. HE isn't going around telling everyone who he really is where he lives, and when is the best time to stop by for a chat. Can you probably look around and find the info? Absolutely. Is Hickok the one providing it? No.

Exactly.  Hickok does not advertise his name so there really is no reason for anyone else to, regardless of whether it's out there or not.

• Like 2

YIELD YIELD!!!!!!!  HIS NAME IS STRUCK FROM THE REGISTERY!   I meant no disrespect whatsoever, even though its public knowledge.

The difference between a fool and smart man, a smart man will change his mind, but a fool never will.  

I disagree that Runco did something that he shouldn't have.  Hickock's everpedia page has personal details about him leading me to believe that he did the page himself or provided the details to someone else.

Hickock is a public figure.  I suspect the privacy issue isn't as big a deal to him as is perceived in some of these other posts.

Edited by Pete123
  • Like 3

I disagree that Runco did something that he shouldn't have.  Hickock's everpedia page has personal details about him leading me to believe that he did the page himself or provided the details to someone else.

Hickock is a public figure.  I suspect the privacy issue isn't as big a deal to him as is perceived in some of these other posts.

I sure don't want banned...............I really like this place and the fellowship that I have with some.  Its very habitual.   If I were expelled or banned, I dunno what I would do.  Chores around the house I guess, maybe read a book or even go shooting. 

BTW, that may have been my first reversal in my 4 years of being here.  :bow:

• Like 1

When he posts his name on his YouTube, Facebook, or whatever silly social media page, then have at it.  If he doesn't want some semblance of privacy then so be it....but it's his decision to make, not every goober with a keyboard.

• Like 1

When he posts his name on his YouTube, Facebook, or whatever silly social media page, then have at it.  If he doesn't want some semblance of privacy then so be it....but it's his decision to make, not every goober with a keyboard.

That goober with a keyboard is hilarious!   :biglol:

Garufa,  the goober with the keyboard you are referring to is Hickock45 himself. Several posts have said that he doesn't publish his name, which is not correct.

Check out his everpedia page and tell me he isn't using that as a marketing vehicle.  Even if it weren't, everpedia is clear that they will remove anyone's name who ask for that.

Public figures, which he is by his choice and compensation, are not anonymous.

• Like 2