JMB is rolling in his grave...

poak

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep... nothing new. There are a few companies that produce polymer 1911s. They're popular in race/competition shooting, too.
Who says that JMB wouldn't have used a polymer frame had those materials been available to him back in the early 1900s?

Pffffft... haters.

That particular gun has been around for at least 12 years or so.It was imported by Bul/Transmark first then by Kimber for a while.Now Charles Daly is the importer.This gun is not the same as the "2011" that was developed by Virgil Tripp and Sandy Strayer in the early 90s that is still made today by STI and SV.Charles Daly guns vary in quality depending on who is the manufacturer.CD does not make guns they are only an importer.

That particular gun has been around for at least 12 years or so.It was imported by Bul/Transmark first then by Kimber for a while.Now Charles Daly is the importer.This gun is not the same as the "2011" that was developed by Virgil Tripp and Sandy Strayer in the early 90s that is still made today by STI and SV.Charles Daly guns vary in quality depending on who is the manufacturer.CD does not make guns they are only an importer.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg205-e.htm

Beat me to it. Bul an Israeli company makes the plastic 1911s. (http://bultransmark.net/index.htm) CD's regular 1911 are Armscor with upgraded finish and a few extra parts. Their HP (no longer offered) was made by FEG in hungary and was for the most part a 99% clone made on original FN tooling. I've never seen anything from CD that wasn't a very good, value gun. Underpriced simply for name recognition.

• Administrator
in other words...they're good pistols for 'shooting games'.:rolleyes:

A lot of innovation comes out of the "gaming" circle. Quite a few of the top "gamers" end up being paid handsomely to teach elite units how to shoot faster with better accuracy. I know that Latham does or did teach the SpecOps guys on occasion. Larry Vickers came about it from the other angle and was one of the originators of the sport.

Gaming isn't all bad.

Guest c_o_jones

Count me in as one of those that believes JMB was truly an innovator of his day, and if aerospace/modern materials were available to him, he would have likely embraced them if they met his design requirements.

A lot of innovation comes out of the "gaming" circle. Quite a few of the top "gamers" end up being paid handsomely to teach elite units how to shoot faster with better accuracy. I know that Latham does or did teach the SpecOps guys on occasion. Larry Vickers came about it from the other angle and was one of the originators of the sport.

Gaming isn't all bad.

I don't think gaming is bad at all! I DO think that the plastics won't hold up as well as the steel though..still, if it's durable enough then I say cool!

I'm one of those that just can't see a plastic pistol as a thing of beauty though...I will agree that they can be great tools!

That particular model is no more a gamer gun than a Kimber 1911 or a G17.As far as durability "plastic" guns last as long or longer than steel frame ones.The 2011 versions only have a plastic grip the main part of the frame is steel.

That particular model is no more a gamer gun than a Kimber 1911 or a G17.As far as durability "plastic" guns last as long or longer than steel frame ones.The 2011 versions only have a plastic grip the main part of the frame is steel.

I've never met anyone who carries a 2011.

My apologies et45, I was referring to STI gamer guns (I should have read the OP more thoroughly)

Edited by deerslayer
re-read the previous page