New Glock 21 "made in USA"

tercel89

I just bought a new Glock 21 . I understand that Glock is made here and Austria. And the ones here are made to  Austria's orders. But it sure is hard looking at "USA" stamped on my G21 Gen 4. I am just old school Glock and want my pistols made where they originated. I looked other places but all new ones at the prices I were looking at were all made in USA.

Do any of you guys not like the USA stamp on your Glocks ?

2 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

I guess I need to shut up and get to shooting the darn thing LOL .

Think about it this way. Its an Austrian design pistol made with tooling and machinery from foreign countries by employees trained by foreign workers and imported raw materials. So its really Made in USA in name only.

1 hour ago, TNWNGR said:

Think about it this way. Its an Austrian design pistol made with tooling and machinery from foreign countries by employees trained by foreign workers and imported raw materials. So its really Made in USA in name only.

Does Glock have machines and Machinist’s here? (The coke/candy machines don’t count)

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Does Glock have machines and Machinist’s here? (The coke/candy machines don’t count)

AFIR they've had injection molding equipment and such for some time now. As to the rest its dependent upon the level of finish of the slide. Is it fully CNC'd here or just final finish?

3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Yes. Glock has been manufacturing guns in the US for some time now. All G43's are made in the US.

1 hour ago, 94user said:

Buy Smith & Wesson. Always made in America.  :stir:   :hiding:

ROTGLMAO....Sure...S&W would never import anything and sell it with the S&W name on it. Come to think of it neither would Colt....right? :biglol:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Yes. Glock has been manufacturing guns in the US for some time now. All G43's are made in the US.

How do you know?

Here are the pictures of the new Beretta plant in Gallatin. As you can see this is a manufacturing facility. Those are Haas machining centers (among others) on a manufacturing floor. Does Glock have anything like this? I’ve ask what kind of machines Glock has by people that have claimed to have been in there; no one seems to know. No one seems to know any machinists that work there either. I don’t think it’s anything more than an assembly facility.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/4/15/keefe-report-beretta-open-for-business-in-tennessee/

46 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

How do you know?

Here are the pictures of the new Beretta plant in Gallatin. As you can see this is a manufacturing facility. Those are Haas machining centers (among others) on a manufacturing floor. Does Glock have anything like this? I’ve ask what kind of machines Glock has by people that have claimed to have been in there; no one seems to know. No one seems to know any machinists that work there either. I don’t think it’s anything more than an assembly facility.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/4/15/keefe-report-beretta-open-for-business-in-tennessee/

http://www.gundigest.com/guns/handgun-reviews-articles/built-glock-tough

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:00 AM, mikegideon said:

I have six Glocks, and one is stamped Made in the USA. Wound up having to send it to the USA to get it repaired. Only time I have had to use their service.

What was wrong with it ? And what model was it ?