Seattle offers classes on 'white fragility,' to explain roots of guilt

• Authorized Vendor

Just in case you feel guilty about your whiteness here's a class for you.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/17/seattle-offers-classes-on-white-fragility-to-explain-roots-guilt.html

Melinda Bullen, Diversity Rresource Center coordinator at Mt. Hood Community College, lectured on "white fragility." Bullen, who is white, told attendees, “because of their position of privilege and accustomed racial comfort, whites will often display racial arrogance by denying, debating, trivializing racism or critical thought regarding racial conflict.”

Bullen also says white people need to be much harder on themselves. “Seeing yourself as well-meaning," she said, “removes responsibility for your actions…good intentions are one of the great hindrances to honest conversations about race.”

Read more......especially if you possess this obvious problem.

8 minutes ago, crossfire said:

Lecturer Robin DiAngelo, who coined the term, is teaching the taxpayer-funded class for the city Officeof Arts and Culture.

That's all I needed to read.

That's why global warming still exists.  Keep funding the research and you'll get the results you want.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, tnhawk said:

I've heard the term "educated beyond your learning" used before.  This is an example of it.

"job justification" or "milking the system" comes to mind. :puke:

Edited by crossfire
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, toby1304 said:

That does it! I am suing my parents. It's their fault I am white.

I'm thinking you should take it up with a higher authority.  I'm sure *He* would love to hear your opinion. :D 

And besides, why do they even need this class?  The white majority elected a black man for president twice, so doesn't that show they felt guilty?

58 minutes ago, NextExit said:

I'm thinking you should take it up with a higher authority.  I'm sure *He* would love to hear your opinion. :D 

And besides, why do they even need this class?  The white majority elected a black man for president twice, so doesn't that show they felt guilty?

No, it shows they're just idiots.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, NextExit said:

A slogan in 2012 was, "if you voted for Barack in '08 to prove you aren't racist, vote for Romney in '12 to prove you aren't stupid."

Didn't work.

No improvement from either party this year either.

- OS

• Like 4

All I can say is that I damn sure wish I'd start getting my part of all that racial privilege and comfort because to this point I haven't seen one, little bit of it and am pretty sick of hearing all the bull-s*** about it and not reaping any benefits from it.  I think the band Minor Threat said it pretty clearly waaay back in the '80s.

No, it ain't a rascist song.  Lyrics:

[Verse]
I'm sorry
For something that I didn't do
Lynched somebody
But I don't know who
You blame me for slavery
A hundred years before I was born

[Chorus]
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white

[Bridge]
I'm a convict
Guilty!
Of a racist crime
Guilty!
I've only served
Guilty!
Nineteen years of my time

Edited by JAB
All I can say is that I damn sure wish I'd start getting my part of all that racial privilege and comfort because to this point I haven't seen one, little bit of it and am pretty sick of hearing all the bull-s*** about it and not reaping any benefits from it.  I think the band Minor Threat said it pretty clearly waaay back in the '80s.

No, it ain't a rascist song.  Lyrics:

[Verse]
I'm sorry
For something that I didn't do
Lynched somebody
But I don't know who
You blame me for slavery
A hundred years before I was born

[Chorus]
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white
Guilty of being white

[bridge]
I'm a convict
Guilty!
Of a racist crime
Guilty!
I've only served
Guilty!
Nineteen years of my time

Glad I know where this came from now. I've only heard slayer's cover of it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk