Greetings From South of the Border

Cartel

Happy Holidays, my friends!

I spent the Christmas holiday with my family in Mexico. My family has a home that is perked up on a mountain overlooking the largest freshwater lake in the country.  It was the first time that my siblings and I have spent Christmas in Mexico and it has been well over 40 years for my parents. 

9F989687-DBAF-4BCB-A6C4-A83708B95DF7_zps

4B9D4ABF-A3DC-45D9-A5B5-92212F9B55FD_zps

In the spirit of the forum, I have included photographs of my grandfather's Pre 70 Series Colt 38 Super Automatic that was produced in 1966. He gave it to my father prior to his passing in 2006 and my father gave it to me on Christmas Day. 

4A45D227-2587-40BE-B54D-ADD43D60F728_zps

E4240BB2-F60F-4A70-8BA1-1928ED3C60DC_zps

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 13
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, gary_boom said:

Very nice but won't that get you thrown in prison in Mexico?

Nope. Not a military cartridge and therefore ok to own. 

Thats a gorgeous view of Lake Chapala. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2

Not to offend anyone, I do not miss Mexico.  Never have been there on vacation, but I have spent some considerable time in Matamoras (border town), but I also have spent time in Queretaro and San Luis Potosi and few more places like Leon and Mexico City.  The natural beauty is great, and the people I met were great. 

Nice pistol by the way.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.