I need to buy a gun!

DaveTN

11 minutes ago, hipower said:

Same here. I got one from my father-in-law some years back. Looks unfired, and I just hate to think of doing it, but at some point I probably will.

I take mine out for quality time at the range!  100 rounds every year or two is not going to hurt it.

Go shoot it.  If you’re as retentive about the special guns as I am it won’t even look like it was ever fired when you’re done.

1 hour ago, Fourtyfive said:

Yea, me too! Noticed it has a Masons symbol inside of Texas on the top of the slide. I think the custom engraver is in Texas as well from what I saw of it. Prob bout a $10,000 heater.....

It's a good thing that  I recently bought two Dan Wessons.

I knew I wasn’t going to make it through the day. I just placed an order with PSA for an AR Pistol upper and lower. I am a terrible person no longer in control of this sickness.

Now that we have that settled; time to move on and find that Model 39 I NEED.

:wave:

Must be catching. I have been off an on looking for a .357 revolver and about to go new instead of used when a like new Ruger GP100 was offered at a fair price by my Sister In-law. She is getting rid of some of her husbands guns that she didn't want to keep, after he died a few weeks ago. Picked up a Mossberg 600 .410 from her too. Didn't need the .410 but have always liked them, and tried to talk my Brother In-law in to selling it to me when he first bought it.

9 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

Must be catching. I have been off an on looking for a .357 revolver and about to go new instead of used when a like new Ruger GP100 was offered at a fair price by my Sister In-law. She is getting rid of some of her husbands guns that she didn't want to keep, after he died a few weeks ago. Picked up a Mossberg 600 .410 from her too. Didn't need the .410 but have always liked them, and tried to talk my Brother In-law in to selling it to me when he first bought it.

Well if she decides to sell anything you happen not to want, remember I am in your neck of the woods. Lol

Just now, Raoul said:

Really...

I take this as you think I am being a circling buzzard. I am not.  I have over the last couple years seen several people trying to sell off guns due to loved ones passing. It can be a very tiring experience if they are not familiar with guns. Lots of people trying to beat them down on price and such. I have bought a few and passed on a few, but never have I tried to nitpick the price. Nor have I swooped in to buy them just to resell for a profit. The decision to sell is theirs. At least if they need the money, I have helped out a bit. I meant no offense to Jeb btw.

If I took this the wrong way, sorry. Been a pissy day.

• Moderators
Any gun really. I don’t even know what I want.
Ever have those times that you have gun money burning a hole in your pocket and you can’t really find anything?
It’s a sickness that comes with withdrawals.
That is all….
default_leaving.gif
Buy a gun a day to keep the bad guys away!
7 hours ago, TripleGGG said:
18 hours ago, DaveTN said:
Any gun really. I don’t even know what I want.
Ever have those times that you have gun money burning a hole in your pocket and you can’t really find anything?
It’s a sickness that comes with withdrawals.
That is all….
default_leaving.gif

Buy a gun a day to keep the bad guys away!

I'm in Memphis area, may not keep bad guys away, but it keeps the safes full.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Fourtyfive said:

I kept wondering what H.M.F.I.C. meant on the other side of that Colt, maybe I’m slow but all I found was, “Head Mother F-cker In Charge”. Apparently an old military term.  :cheers:

I am getting old and senile. I just slid right across that without any thought of it. But yeah, that works and fits my recollections of military parlance.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, hipower said:

WOW! The man's work is AMAZING! Would love to have one of my Dad's guns done up like that. Maybe when I win the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes.

I emailed him to get a price on that same job without the Mason and Texas symbol. Hope he says $500 :bowrofl:

Edited by Fourtyfive

Now I need a cheap optic for this. This will be a trunk gun. I have an EOTech EXPS2 on another AR and a Vortex Venom on a handgun; so I’m familiar with those. I don’t want to spend that much. Are there any cheap options that are reliable? By cheap I mean ~$100 give or take. If I have to spend more I will, but if I get near the price of the Vortex (~$225)  I'll probably put that on it and get something better for the handgun it's on.

3 hours ago, Fourtyfive said:

I emailed him to get a price on that same job without the Mason and Texas symbol. Hope he says $500 :bowrofl:

That would be a terrific price. However...I think it might be a bit more for all hand done work as his site says. We shall see. :eek: 

Well, it seems our posts past each other. lol

I must say that is a lot of money, but that's some of the most impressive work I've ever seen pics of. Probably looks even better in person.

But I doubt I'll ever have the funds to do something like that. :wall:

Edited by hipower
5 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Now I need a cheap optic for this. This will be a trunk gun. I have an EOTech EXPS2 on another AR and a Vortex Venom on a handgun; so I’m familiar with those. I don’t want to spend that much. Are there any cheap options that are reliable? By cheap I mean ~$100 give or take. If I have to spend more I will, but if I get near the price of the Vortex (~$225)  I'll probably put that on it and get something better for the handgun it's on.

Primary Arms or Bushnell TRS-25

23 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I take this as you think I am being a circling buzzard. I am not.  I have over the last couple years seen several people trying to sell off guns due to loved ones passing. It can be a very tiring experience if they are not familiar with guns. Lots of people trying to beat them down on price and such. I have bought a few and passed on a few, but never have I tried to nitpick the price. Nor have I swooped in to buy them just to resell for a profit. The decision to sell is theirs. At least if they need the money, I have helped out a bit. I meant no offense to Jeb btw.

If I took this the wrong way, sorry. Been a pissy day.

I did not take it the wrong way.

I gave her going online prices for all the guns she wanted to get rid of, as best I could find, so she would not be taken advantage of. I told her that it was just for reference and she probably would not get that much on all of them but she would know how much of a deal she was giving people. I paid her using the same method and she thought I was over paying to give her money so I explained what I did and that is when she asked me to price them all for her. I brought up the topic with her because there are enough brothers and son in-laws in the family that I was afraid they would pressure her into to giving them all away.

She is in Ohio so unless I make another trip up there before she sells them all no more will be coming to TN. She carries a .38 and was keeping at least one of the semi-autos for the house.

Edited by Jeb48
5 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

I did not take it the wrong way.

I gave her going online prices for all the guns she wanted to get rid of, as best I could find, so she would not be taken advantage of. I told her that it was just for reference and she probably would not get that much on all of them but she would know how much of a deal she was giving people. I paid her using the same method and she thought I was over paying to give her money so I explained what I did and that is when she asked me to price them all for her. I brought up the topic with her because there are enough brothers and son in-laws in the family that I was afraid they would pressure her into to giving them all away.

She is in Ohio so unless I make another trip up there before she sells them all no more will be coming to TN. She carries a .38 and was keeping at least one of the semi-autos for the house.

ROAD TRIP ! :)

8 hours ago, shotgunshooter said:

How about some training?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If that is intended for me, about my Sister In-Law, she has had a defensive shooting class and is a very good shot with a handgun. She was taught to triple tap, 2 in the chest one in the head.