Interesting find on PSA

gregintenn

These are actually made by Umarex. A well known and respected maker of airguns in Europe and Walther's current parent company. Its made of a material called Zamek. While it is a zinc alloy, it is NOT pot metal as the internet so often wants to claim.  Its a much more refined alloy and plenty strong enough for .22 pistols.  Umarex also makes several .22 caliber copies of centerfire pistols for other companies. 

I have one of these .22 PPK/s and its a fine little pistol. The DA trigger sucks, but it also sucks on the real PP pistols. It does smooth out a bit with use.  Its also suppressor ready. A $20 thread adapter and you can screw your 1/2X28 can right on. ;)

These are fun little guns! Totally reliable and plinking accurate. Oddly enough mine really loves cheap Remington Thunderbolt ammo. :eek: 

I like mine! :up:

• Like 2

Man. I looked at these several times.  I think it's a great size for a little .22.  BUT, I think Grayfox54 may have understated how horrible the double action trigger pull really is! 🙄.  It may be the worst trigger I have ever seen!!!  Single action isn't that bad, but I would estimate that the double action is 18+ lbs, at least!!!  No need for a safety on this pistol, that's for sure.  

Harvey's in Knoxville, has both the blue and nickel finishes for about this same price.  Other than the trigger, it seems like a nice little pistol, though.  I was inpressed with the fit and finish.  It's about what you'd expect from Walther.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

These are actually made by Umarex. A well known and respected maker of airguns in Europe and Walther's current parent company. Its made of a material called Zamek. While it is a zinc alloy, it is NOT pot metal as the internet so often wants to claim.  Its a much more refined alloy and plenty strong enough for .22 pistols.  Umarex also makes several .22 caliber copies of centerfire pistols for other companies. 

I have one of these .22 PPK/s and its a fine little pistol. The DA trigger sucks, but it also sucks on the real PP pistols. It does smooth out a bit with use.  Its also suppressor ready. A $20 thread adapter and you can screw your 1/2X28 can right on. ;)

These are fun little guns! Totally reliable and plinking accurate. Oddly enough mine really loves cheap Remington Thunderbolt ammo. :eek: 

I like mine! :up:

My mistake. I assumed they were real Walthers.

Technically they are. Umarex owns Walther.  They're made to Walther's specs and sold by Walther under their own name.  The internals are pretty much pure Walther PPK.  Many parts will interchange. The frame is slightly different on the sides in regard to the shape of the mag well cut outs.  If you want to change grips you have to get the ones specifically for this model. But have no doubt, this IS a Walther  PPK/s.  :up:

Moped, that trigger is terrible. But it will smooth out with use. The center fire PP series has a terrible DA trigger too. The thing is that most of us only fire the first shot DA and all the rest are SA. We also know not to dry fire a .22. So it may take quite a while for the trigger to get better. :rolleyes:

Umarex also makes the .22 Caliber 1911s that Colt sells under their name and make a highly rated .22 copy of the Beretta M9 as well. These are good guns. ;)

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 1

S&W took a lot of heat because they tried to "improve" the PPK.  It didn't work. No, S&W won't be making them again because they pissed Walther off. The S&W PPKs are the red headed step child of both companies. Neither will provide any info at all about them. You can't check serial numbers, production numbers, dates or anything else.  The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson  (AKA the S&W bible) has exactly two paragraphs about these guns that basically just admits that they did make them and nothing more. Walther simply says they have no records on them. 

They're actually excellent guns once you get that safety recall done. I have one of those too.  :D

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been jonesing for a .22 “Walther” for quite some time and have been watching the prices on these drop the past couple of years.

Thing is I already have a po’ man’s James Bond gun and it’s a dandy.  Bersa Thunder .22 that eats Remington Golden Bullets like candy, lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Garufa said:

I’ve been jonesing for a .22 “Walther” for quite some time and have been watching the prices on these drop the past couple of years.

Thing is I already have a po’ man’s James Bond gun and it’s a dandy.  Bersa Thunder .22 that eats Remington Golden Bullets like candy, lol.

Oh heck! Now you'll have me wanting one!!!

5 hours ago, hughd said:

So, are these stamped Fort Smith, AR?

Many games are played with where a gun is actually manufactured. So unless the manufacturer or the sellers tell you; it tough sometimes to find out. Federal law requires the name and city of the importer be on the gun. So if Walther USA in Fort Smith is the importer; I don’t know how it could not say that.

With Walther I would be more interested in who made them than where they were made. They could have been made by a BB gun manufacturer.

The PPK/s 22’s are made in Germany by Umarex (as has already been mentioned).

Walther Arms (US) is based in Fort Smith, AR.  They import the pistols.  Guns do not get imported without a US name on them.

The right side is stamped: 

Walther Arms

Fort Smith, AR

• Like 1

The Beretta 92FS/M9 .22lr is also "Made in Germany by Umarex".

So far, absolutely stellar firearm.

58308-Beretta-M9A1-22LR-Black-J90A1M9A1F

- OS

On 12/4/2019 at 10:58 PM, Grayfox54 said:

....Its made of a material called Zamek.

Zamak, to be pedantic and all. ;)

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2