Post pictures of your: Evil Black Rifle

DSC05402.jpgMy retro "looking" AR

There ya go. You had double img tags.

Nice looking traditional style rifle. I was disappointed when I first got an AR that I couldn't put a bayo on standard 16" barrel/gas block carbine config.

Perhaps could use a pedicure, though. :)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice! How does the Hero AR run?

Only the stripped lower is Hero Gear. Everything else I put together myself. Runs great, though. :P

Very nice build Seaslug. Would you be so kind and list the details?

Lower

Hero Gear factory SBR lower

Daniel Defense LPK

Magpul winter trigger guard

Phase 5 Tactical EBRv2 bolt assist device

Geissele SSA trigger group

Noveske receiver end plate QD sling attachment

BAD ambidexterous safety selector

Mil-spec receiver extension with H buffer

LMT SOPMOD stock

Magpul MOE+ grip

Upper

Complete Daniel Defense Mk18 URG (10.3" CHF bbl with RIS II Mk18 handguard)

Surefire FH556-212A flash hider

Surefire FA556-212 suppressor

Daniel Defense BCG

BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle

KAC folding front sight

Matech rear sight

EOTech EXPS 3.0 (SU-231A from the SOPMOD Block II kit)

Aimpoint 3x magnifier in LaRue QD mount (top pic)

HSP Thorntail SBR Scout mount with Surefire M300A

Tango Down QD stubby VFG

CQD sling mount

Blue Force Gear padded VCAS AA sling

Edited by Seaslug
Guest Skyline034

That's exactly what I'm going for on my next build. That thing looks fantastic. I'll have to get with Hero on one of their Billet lowers, I have one of their 1911's and it has been flawless.

That's exactly what I'm going for on my next build. That thing looks fantastic. I'll have to get with Hero on one of their Billet lowers, I have one of their 1911's and it has been flawless.
Thanks! Unless something's changed, Hero Gear doesn't want to sell their lowers separately--only complete rifles. I was able to get mine as an appeasement of sorts...lol. If they give you a hard time, they're manufactured by Sun Devil... ;)
Guest Skyline034

Last time I was in the shop they had stripped upper/lower combos for sale, don't know if they still do. I thought that might be a SunDevil especially when I read something about the torque screw to take up slack in the receivers. Thanks for confirming that though, I cruised around the net last night trying to find out.

Guest ThePunisher

My cheap M&P Sport is looking much better with the new Magpul Gear. I'm just missing a sling and a good red dot.

I'm also debating adding a vertical fore grip.

IMG_20121001_172750.jpg?t=1349126887

Is that OD green furniture? I've put the same OD green furniture on mind with the addition of a vertical grip and my stock is the STR. I also put a Elzetta flashlight mount on, and a Magpul sling mount on the handrails. I need a Vortex Sparc red dot and a VTAC sling.

Is that OD green furniture? I've put the same OD green furniture on mind with the addition of a vertical grip and my stock is the STR. I also put a Elzetta flashlight mount on, and a Magpul sling mount on the handrails. I need a Vortex Sparc red dot and a VTAC sling.

Nope, it's actually flat dark earth but the lighting in the picture was really poor. How do you like the Vortex Sparc?

Guest ThePunisher

Nope, it's actually flat dark earth but the lighting in the picture was really poor. How do you like the Vortex Sparc?

I've got one on my DD and it's a really good red dot for the money. Probably the best red dot for the price.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not finished but getting close.

Daniel Defense upper, barrel, BCG and low profile gas block.

Spikes lower with Magpul Miad and CTR.

Troy 11" Alpha rail

Battlecomp 2.0

BCM Gunfighter charging handle

IMG_5251.jpg

IMG_5257.jpg

I have that same rail and LOVE it.