College football

1 hour ago, Sleep profit said:

Well Tn Loss to Purdue in overtime by inches 聽 Heartbreaking 馃挃 聽Alabama / Cincinnati play at 3 pm and Georgia / Michigan 7:30 tonight that should be a great game 聽hope everyone enjoys the holidays聽

I saw that in a Mexican restaurant last night. The other diners did not appreciate my uncontrollable laughter.

• Like 1
  • Angry 2
52 minutes ago, jpx2rk said:

I agree with Mich losing, but not sure about AL.聽 A SEC champion would be good, but Cinn winning it all would be interesting to say the least.聽聽

SEC, yes, I'm just *%#@ tired of hearing about Saban & Ala. Like to see Ga. &Cin. go at it..

Of course, since ESPN loves to hog the show, I can't see whoever plays. I have an antenna,聽 no cable/ sat. They could easily simulcast on ABC, as they do at times, but they never do for these. In case it's not obvious,聽 I hate ESPN.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

Like Cincinnati had a chance. 聽馃榾

Yeah, they were undefeated but against who? 聽They did give Bama a good game though.

Hopefully, Georgia will perform tonight and get a rematch.

Agree, Cinncy hasn't played that caliber football, but no one gave Tex A&M a shot either. Yep, I'd love to see a rematch ( if I could see it ).

9 hours ago, Sleep profit said:

Alabama / Cincinnati play at 3 pm and Georgia / Michigan 7:30 tonight that should be a great game

Both games were physical mismatches, although Cincinnati did play about as well as they could and kept it relatively close for a while.聽 These games showcased the disparity of talent between the top-level SEC teams, and everybody else ...

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, jpx2rk said:

I wonder if AL didn't play just "well enough" to win the game, aka "sandbagged it"聽 to not show anything in preparation for the next game.聽 ??????

I'm thinking there's not much sandbagging done in national championship semifinal games.聽

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jpx2rk said:

I wonder if AL didn't play just "well enough" to win the game, aka "sandbagged it"聽 to not show anything in preparation for the next game.聽 ??????

I think Alabama and Georgia both took their foot off the gas a bit and started rotating kids once they were well in control.聽 Both games could have been 50-3.聽 There was a notable absence of late game cramps and "injuries" that tend to occur in close games.聽

And UT got totally screwed. Several of those PI calls and that TD.... that was really, really bad.聽

• Like 2
On 1/1/2022 at 9:02 AM, peejman said:

I think Alabama and Georgia both took their foot off the gas a bit and started rotating kids once they were well in control.聽 Both games could have been 50-3.聽 There was a notable absence of late game cramps and "injuries" that tend to occur in close games.聽

And UT got totally screwed. Several of those PI calls and that TD.... that was really, really bad.聽

After the results of this year's bowl season, it looks like the SEC might need to consider a name change - maybe something like "The Big 2 and the Rest" ...

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

After the results of this year's bowl season, it looks like the SEC might need to consider a name change - maybe something like "The Big 2 and the Rest" ...

SEC is 5-6 this bowl season. 聽Not a great showing and definitely not what we鈥檙e used to.

Maybe LSU will beat Kansas St. Tuesday to break even.

On 1/1/2022 at 6:31 AM, jpx2rk said:

Maybe on play calling?

Look at the difference in the plays in the first half versus the second. Opening drive Bama ran the ball on every play but the scoring play. Just ran it down their throats. Their RB had 151 yards rushing in the first half, Cinn had 76 TOTAL yards of offense in the first half as a TEAM.聽

But the second half was almost a pass-first, run-second game plan. Cinn's defense was clearly worn down, that was the time to run it all night long. But Bama didn't do that for some odd reason?

On 1/2/2022 at 5:48 PM, Garufa said:

SEC is 5-6 this bowl season. 聽Not a great showing and definitely not what we鈥檙e used to.

UT got robbed in their game. Ole Miss lost their MVP QB early on & was never in the game, IMO. FL is just a car wreck right now. They had no business even showing up, IMO. No clue what happened with Miss State, I thought they were better than that?

34 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

UT got robbed in their game. Ole Miss lost their MVP QB early on & was never in the game, IMO. FL is just a car wreck right now. They had no business even showing up, IMO. No clue what happened with Miss State, I thought they were better than that?

Yet the National Champion will be an SEC team, and it hasn鈥檛 even been played yet. Perhaps it is an off year for the SEC, but this still shows who is really boss.

I propose the SEC should be ranked 1-14, and the next best team start the rankings at #15.

Edited by gregintenn
32 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Yet the National Champion will be an SEC team, and it hasn鈥檛 even been played yet. Perhaps it is an off year for the SEC, but this still shows who is really boss.

I propose the SEC should be ranked 1-14, and the next best team start the rankings at #15.

Boy, you sure forgot about Vanderbilt! LOL!

11 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I am a Vanderbilt fan. They do sometimes have a difficult time winning SEC games. They are all literate, however.

"Sometimes"? You can count the number of SEC football games won in the last 10 years on one hand. They have a history of running off their best coaches, Eddie Fogler & James Franklin being the best examples. Their administration should be hung by their thumbs, IMO.

Tell me, did all those athletes who got convicted of rape read well too?聽

The only time I don鈥檛 cheer for Vandy is when they play Georgia.

James Franklin bailed on Vandy. He left those kids with their heads spinning. I personally hope he never wins another game at Penn (Penitentiary) State.

Hey , at least Vandy did break all of the glass ceilings and have a female kicker. She probably would have been stuck playing women鈥檚 soccer and had a nice pleasant ordinary life if it wasn鈥檛 for Derrick Mason.

Edited by toby1304
3 hours ago, bobsguns said:

"Sometimes"? You can count the number of SEC football games won in the last 10 years on one hand. They have a history of running off their best coaches, Eddie Fogler & James Franklin being the best examples. Their administration should be hung by their thumbs, IMO.

Tell me, did all those athletes who got convicted of rape read well too?聽

That's a bit of an exaggeration.聽 You can count the number of football games Vanderbilt won against UT in the last 10 years on one hand - but you will need every finger.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1