Best 9mm pocket rocket

On 7/30/2023 at 4:46 PM, River02 said:

Hmm...no love for the Kimber Micro9? Snappy in a mini-micro 1911 kind of way. I put a Hogue grip on her to absorb some of that snap and give better purchase. Fits a pocket just fine--

IMG_0472.jpeg

Bought one a few weeks back. Working just fine. I have to get caught up and make a couple of holsters for it. New territory making a pocket holster but if I don't like mine DeSantis makes a great one, have it for my P32.

• Like 1

Sorry, didn't read the heading fully. My previous post is out of place(not 357 thread). I do carry a Ruger Max 9 sometimes and it hits hard with the Winchester Ranger 147 gr + P ammo I just purchased for it. That pistol will qualify for a Pocket Rocket, IMO. 

By the way I intend to shoot some water jugs when it cools down and I have time. Monday would have been a good day, but we were off RVing at Cumberland Mountain State Park for the past weekend. We found it cooler up there on the plateau in Crossville TN. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Just got a Shadow Systems CR920 out of lay away... Fourteen shots with one in the spout, full grip, 3.4 inch barrel.  Looks a lot like a Glock 43x, only a better grip and a tad lighter.   Seventeen oz unloaded. 

It will go into service with my beloved 938 and 238.  Will easily carry in your front or hip pocket. 

The only downside I see to this little pistolas is it's big brother, the MR 920, has a better trigger.  I think it's simply a trigger geometry - lever length problem ya simply can't easily fix.  That said, it is plenty good enough for repelling boarders. 

The trigger is about 5 lb and a bit soft I'ma thinkin.  Ya got a wall to pull back to, but the trigger needs a bit more travel to break.  The MR is much shorter...

leroy

I don't know how I didn't see this old thread when it was fresh, but I really very seldom carry a 9mm in a pocket, usually it's a Ruger LCP Max in a Sticky or a KelTec P32 in a DeSantis front pocket holster. I LOVE small 9s though, wifey has a P365, I made a P365X outta mine and I belt or IWB carry that one. I SWEAR that little 365X shoots like a full size as far as comfort, control and accuracy. In the olden times, I've also carried a Taurus View in a left front pocket or also a Kahr PM9. That Kahr, if you get a totally reliable one, they are actually GREAT little slim carry guns. I haven't owned a PF9 yet, and I think KT stopped making them, but if I find a clean used one.... maybe...

Edited by OMCHamlin
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I've carried one for years. Though, technically, the 380 ACP fires a 9mm projectile, I was asking about 9mm Parabellum chambered handguns.

You're right. My brain skipped over the 9mm part and went straight to pocket pistol.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I like my Springfield Hellcat, which is a tiny subcompact thing. Especially after upgrading the trigger to an Apex.

The P365 is another good choice, but I just like the U-shaped sights on the Hellcat better. It's pretty much perfect.

Edited by Cottonmouth
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While not a pocket rocket, I love my P365X- Macro. It is my EDC. For pocket carry and up close defense I use my Taurus Slim 9. It has never failed me with around a decade of use. I got it because it had a better trigger than the Keltec and Ruger.