A Small Jackpot

I sent my 738 TCP back to Taurus for a minor problem and they say it's unrepairable.聽 So that there's no hard feelings, they're giving me a credit on their webstore for about $100 more than I paid for it years ago.聽聽馃ぉ聽聽

My question for the group:聽 How do you guys like the TX22?

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

It's settled then.聽 Taurus said I had to order from their webstore, but all I see are three vendors--Gun Broker, Gallery of Guns and Guns.com.聽 I thought Taurus would just ship me one plus any boot since I'm going over the credit limit or send it to my FFL for a background check.聽 Anybody know how this works?

Edited by gun sane

Edit: 聽Disregard below. 聽I just remembered that the LCR is a Ruger, not Taurus. 聽鈽猴笍

I went through this with Taurus a few years ago. 聽They determined my .38 LCR was unrepairable and gave me a choice of any LCR in their catalog, but I didn鈥檛 have to order it from their website, I just told the nice girl on the phone which one I wanted. 聽Since it wasn鈥檛 the same gun I sent to them, they had to send the new one to an FFL, couldn鈥檛 send it directly to me.聽

Edited by i1afli
On 3/21/2024 at 1:43 PM, gun sane said:

I sent my 738 TCP back to Taurus for a minor problem and they say it's unrepairable.聽 So that there's no hard feelings, they're giving me a credit on their webstore for about $100 more than I paid for it years ago.聽聽馃ぉ聽聽

My question for the group:聽 How do you guys like the TX22?

I bought one first because it was cheaper than any other 22 plinker I could find. After couple mags...I was very impressed and happy with it! Now after a couple K rounds. I love it! Always in my range bag with 6 loaded mags and a Federal value pack. Great pistol! Looking for a steal/deal on another one!

• Like 3

Taurus contacted me today and advised that I just go onto their online candy store and pick my treat.聽 They'll send it to my FFL when the money comes in.聽 That's the way it oughta be--let's see if it goes a smoothly as they describe.聽聽

Staring I See You GIF by QuikTrip

• Like 3
On 3/22/2024 at 1:45 PM, gary_boom said:

Academy Sports use to have Tx 22 on sale sometimes.

You know...I haven't been into an Academy store in a coon's age! Maybe I should go sometime.

Thanks for the info, @ken_mays聽 I've heard that the TX22 mags are different and they have little gizmos you can use to ease the loading process.聽 I have a similar plastic machine to load my Ruger 10/22 mags, both 10-round and 25-round.聽 As soon as I take delivery of the pistol I'll see if the time's worth the investment.

you won't be disappointed with the TX-22.聽 I picked up the comp version a while back with the threaded barrel and optics plate.聽 With a suppressor on it makes for a super fun plinker.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I just picked up my new TX22!聽 It came in about three weeks from the time of order.聽 My hat's off to Taurus for coming through.聽 I'll find out next week if their product is as good as their promise.聽 Thanks to all for the advice and interest!

• Like 4

This smallbore is not boring one bit!聽 As I began shooting the TX22, it preferred three out of seven brands of ammo, but accuracy improved with all but one as the gun got down and dirty.聽 Best groups were with Remy Golden Bullet and CCI Blazer.聽 I would say Aguila Super Extra came in third.聽 The best news is that there was not one hiccup or failure!聽聽

The pistol felt great in the hand and pointed naturally.聽 It earns my double thumbs up opinion!聽聽馃憤馃憤

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Some 22s preferring certain brands means less failures, haha! For a second I thought you had trouble with some brands and thought something was wrong.

Aguilas's been great stuff for me and very cheap sometimes. Give the 38gr HP a try if you see any.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the TX22, I love mine. Sometimes Taurus will run a sale for 6 mags and a mag pouch for $99, something to keep an eye out for.

I think I watched every YouTube video about the TX22, @TSG聽 Most of the failures were from 3 to 4 years ago.聽 I've kept a stash of different brands over the last several years.聽 My father-in-law left me about 5.000 rounds of the old Federal Hi-Power when he died in '95.聽 No telling how long he kept them in the cans.聽 They did OK, but not as accurate as the Remy Golden I've had for about 10 years.聽 The CCI standard velocity scored a number of bulls, as did the Blazers and Aguilas.聽 Least favorite?聽 Federal Auto-Match.聽 Those are going to be eaten by my 10/22.