Storm Damages

Posted (edited)

Hope all is well with our Maury, Cannon, Rutherford, and Williamson County members!

Might make for a long night!

I will be down in Columbia and Spring Hill tomorrow and will be helping out and patching roofs if anybody needs a roofer, feel free to give me a call or refer me.聽

Ill also have my chainsaw in the truck to cut limbs off as well.聽

Can schedule hail inspections at a later date if wanted, but just going to be trying to preserve residences in the morning and to eliminate leaks.聽

Chance Barr

Anchor Down Roofing

615-557-4488

Edited by 19_A_CPT
  • Like 3

My house was missed by maybe a quarter mile - we saw some clouds rotation but not the actual funnel. No damage here, but walk a couple hundred yards north and it changes instantly.

Roads out are blocked by lines and trees. I spent a couple hours with a saw helping a buddy around the corner who was in the path and will be back over there when the sun comes up.

Hope everyone else made it through safely!聽

• Like 4

I'd never seen so much lightning as I saw for an hour or so last night. I'm just guestimating, but I'd say there was a lightning bolt every three seconds, and a lot of simultaneous bolts, too. No damage here that I know of so far, but it was pretty interesting to see how much energy mother nature expended last night.

• Like 1

We had rough winds and rain, but Ill agree with the above comment about lightning. That was one if the most impressive electrical storms Ive seen in years. It was one continuous light show for 45 minutes in Roane County and sounded like a field battery was set up behind my house. I know we lost one big poplar to a strike and the barn took a hit that I havent been to check on yet.聽

• Like 1

We had 5" of rain last evening and the creek in front of our house was overflowing in my front yard. We had no other damage. Wishing the same for you guys.聽

• Like 1

I spent the morning down in Columbia on Cardinal Trail clearing debris and trees from driveways. Never even climbed on a roof and I'm ok with that. There's a time to prosper but right now is a time to help.聽

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Darrell said:

I'd never seen so much lightning as I saw for an hour or so last night. I'm just guestimating, but I'd say there was a lightning bolt every three seconds, and a lot of simultaneous bolts, too. No damage here that I know of so far, but it was pretty interesting to see how much energy mother nature expended last night.

5 hours ago, Spots said:

We had rough winds and rain, but Ill agree with the above comment about lightning. That was one if the most impressive electrical storms Ive seen in years. It was one continuous light show for 45 minutes in Roane County and sounded like a field battery was set up behind my house. I know we lost one big poplar to a strike and the barn took a hit that I havent been to check on yet.聽

Y'all should have seen it from the air. I flew into TYS at 10:30 last night.....

• Wow 1

Well 2.5 hour drive home last night was fun. Wasn't able to get my Mother on the phone she had the tornado come by her house. It got spicy on my side of town.聽 Friends of my Wife had trees down everywhere so we provided lunch. No tornado reported, but there is a path of distinction and the trees are twisted up.

• Like 2

Been working today so haven't checked outside yet. We had some strong wind and very heavy rain. I've never seen a tornado in person, but I have heard one go over. Pretty certain that's what the sound was before and after the moment of silence. God bless those who lost.

And it doesn't sound like a train,,,exactly.

• Like 1

I saw some news clips of the damage done in the Columbia/Spring Hill area, looked bad for those folks but don't know how many homes, etc., were damaged.聽 Hopefully not too many,

If any of yall need a hail assessment or anything roofing related, don't hesitate to reach out. I give free estimates and inspections to go along with my witty and charming personality 馃槈