What do you drive???

Guest RandomHero

this is a great thread but we need a thread that has a "roll call" so to speak of all the car guys on here, you know the ones who modify their car/truck and/or take pride in its appearance instead of it just being away to get from A to B.

Here, present! :D

We're also the kind of people that don't read Consumer Reports when shopping for a car. :hyper:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a great thread but we need a thread that has a "roll call" so to speak of all the car guys on here, you know the ones who modify their car/truck and/or take pride in its appearance instead of it just being away to get from A to B.

Yep, that's me. The current truck isn't really modified, but it's a classic. My last two trucks were Powerstroke diesels, had a '94 F-250 with stacks, and a few other go fast goodies, then bought the '02 F-350. Didn't have it too long before I realized that making a truck payment sucks and sold it. :hyper: Planning to buy another one soon, probably won't get too extreme with the mods. I'm not much of a mod guy anymore, I just like driving unusual stuff.

I'm eyeing an M35A2 right now...:D Just can't convince myself to buy it. Yet.

i feel so small and inadequate. my EDD (every day drive) is a 98 Honda Civic with 140K miles. Paid for, low maintenance, just getting broke in. I had posted this vehicle here on the forum for sale, however, since the layoff and the loss of the company vehicle, its a keeper. the wife's car---Minivan, 2006, she bakes cakes and uses it for delivery. maybe some day i can drive a big twuck like yous guys.

Guest SUNTZU

Its better than driving a pair of Reeboks, ftncityfatboy. I'm changing your name to Captain Napalm, by the way. I feel icky typing your screen name. :P:P

My '03 Lincoln LS V8 w/ Sport package, 5 sp manumatic

LS1.jpg

LS2.jpg

LS3.jpg

LS4.jpg

I know, it's not much to some, but I'm a young kid and to me it's a retty big deal to be able to have such a nice car so early in life. I got it when it was 2 yrs old for about 40% of the original sticker price, too! I've got about 10 payments left on it. I can't afford two cars, so I had to get one that could carry people as well as be fun to drive, and this fits the bill pretty well. This car really has a great suspension setup for a luxury hauler, and when I went to Michelin Pilot Sports instead of the boring Michelin Energy touring tires on there, it made initial turn-in a whole new ball game, and they stick pretty good going around corners. Unfortunately, they break traction pretty easily when powering away if there is any dust or moisture on the road. Then the stupid traction control kicks in and cuts the throttle for a second and steals all the fun away! Thankfully it has an "off" button for that feature!

My wife has an '02 Explorer Limited which is pleanty nice, but nothing really special.

As some may know already, this is my dream car:

f3551.jpg

I don't give a rat's patoot that there are faster and better cars out there now for less money. This is the car I dream of. It will be mine.... oh yes... it will be mine!

I drive a 96 Ford Explorer. Nothing special by any means, but paid for!

03 lexus is300

I've always loved the IS.

You mean WOmanumatic? :P I kid, I kid. I really like the LS's.

Yea, I know! :P

Honestly, I've only ever spent about 45 minutes driving a manual over my lifetime so far. One was a Ford Ranger (dog of a truck) the other was my uncle's BMW Z4 3.0 6 speed. That car was awesome. I didn't stall it once and was actually pretty darn smooth with it. I'm hoping that after I pay off my car and sock away some extra dough that I can buy a beater sports/sporty car with a stick to learn on. I'm thinking something along the lines of a nice fox body GT, S2000, or an early 90's 911.

I don't want to "learn" on my Ferrari with an $8,000 clutch!

2001 naked Suzuki Bandit 1200

2006 Suzuki V-Strom 650

During the week I drive a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab 4X4 (yeah, it's got the Hemi)

1994 Volvo 960 SW

1997 Ford Expedition 4X4

my wife has some Nissan Quest van (2004????) that she hates

2006 Honda Pilot (oldest daughter's --Father-in-law gave her)

2007 Honda CRV (2nd daughter's ----Mother-in-law gave her)

1963 Ford Falcon convertible with VIN that makes it an original 260 V-8 Sprint (OK, this car is still not finished, but JUST a little more).

They are all paid for, and yes, I work my *** off.

I just traded my '99 Camry for a 2000 Cadillac Sedan Deville. It was a one owner lady driven car that she traded in on a new Caddy. It has 52,000 original miles, 32 valve Northstar V-8, loaded, diamond white, leather, dark tinted windows, absolutely mint condition inside and out, all for $6690!!! She had all the service done at the Cadillac dealer that I got it from, so everything down to the oil changes is documented. I'm so happy I still can't believe what I got for the money! :P I was even able to purchase a 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty for $465. I haven't taken pictures yet, but I will soon and post them up. :P

I also have a '97 GMC Sierra 1500 for doing my "truck stuff." It's in great shape, only 123,000 miles on it.

I've always liked those. I don't think they got the attention they deserved. To think Lincoln had that when Cadillac had the Catera - "the Caddy that zigs." Had Lincoln outsold the Catera 100:1, it wouldn't have been a surprise.

The LS was called the DEW98 program at Ford. I can't recall which Jag (by name) shared that platform, but it was the one called "Baby Jag" that ran during the same model years. S-Type maybe.

It was the Jag X type on that platform, but with crappy motors. a 2.4l or a 3.0l, with awd as an option. I actually had my deposit put down on an '03 Xtype 3.0, but the numbnuts at the dealership were taking forever to get things sorted. It ended up being the best thing ever! After two weeks I told them to kiss off and give me back my check, which they did. That day I found the LS! Best decision I ever made!

Oh, and when I do have money to blow on an Audi S5, Porsche 911, or Jag XKR one day, I'm going to buy it somewhere else, then drive to Thoroghbred Motors in Berry Hill and tell them that they treated me lke crap when I just had a little money, so when I have a lot, I'll make sure to always spend it somewhere else.

It's got the same motor as in the Jag XK, with some minor changes. You're exactly right, too. The LS was a great car and got no love other than winning MT's Car of the Year when it came out. I look at it as the poor man's BMW 540i.

And yes, the Catera blows! :) Thanks for the kind words. :(

Edited by musicman

Right now, my father-in-laws '94 F150 since he had shoulder surgery and can't drive a manual transmission for a while.

In about 2 weeks I'm picking up my "new" truck, an '87 F150 super cab, with only 88k miles on it. Too bad there rust on the body and the paint is chipping off, oh well, can't beat the price.