What are your five must have guns

Guest mosinon

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Remington 870 Express Magnum - w/ bird & slug barrels, does everything except conceal!

2. Rimfire rifle - Remington 514 single shot - my first, and still my favorite.

3. Revolver (EDC) - S&W Model 36 snubby .38 Special.

4. Semi-auto pistol - CZ-82, 9x18 Makarov (not enough oomph, but a great shooter - I have 3.)

5. Muzzleloader - CVA Staghorn .50

Honorable mention: Dan Wesson .357 6" barrel, Yugo SKS, or my 3 Mosins.

• 8 months later...
Guest SonOfaGun

9mm semi-auto

.45 ACP 1911

12 ga. Mossberg, Remington, or Benelli

AR-15

AK-47

That's my list, and I'm sticking to it. I have 3 of the 5, and I'm working on the last two.

1. Tac Sol AR/22 upper on Bushmaster A2 lower - .22lr
  2. Glock 19 - 9mm
  3. BCM Middy AR15 - 5.56x45mm
  4. Mossberg 535 w/ Burris FastFire MRDS 3.5" 12 guage shotgun
  5. S&W 327NG .357 Magnum 7 shot 2-1/2" revolver

Edited by LA_357SIG
Gotta mention the M1891/30 Mosin Nagant - 7.62x54R
Guest 73challenger

1. 1911 .45

2. Benneli M2

3. AR-15 ( Colt 6920 )

4. M14

5. 10/22 or a CMMG 22 AR

I only have number one and three right now. After I save up for a nice optic for my AR I think I want a Benneli!

Guest HvyMtl

refining my list periodically.

1. a 45 caliber handgun (which can be conceal carried)

2. a 22lr rifle

3. a 12 gauge with both short and long barrels

4. a semi auto/ lever action rifle of decent caliber (7.62, 30-30)

5. Pre-1899 antique serviceable firearm (no government record of purchase.) In my case a Mil Surp bolt action of decent caliber...

Edited by HvyMtl
Guest smileyguy

2 AKs

2 Matching hi cap semi autos (Can't decide 9 or 45)

1 Ruger 10/22

Hate leaving off the 12 gauge and the 357, my bedside guns. My thinking is that worst case scenario, me and my significant other have to take off on foot, we have matching rifles and pistols. Same ammo, same mags. I love the 12 gauge pump. It may be my favorite gun ever, but you just can't carry a few hundred rounds of 12 gauge shells.

Guest Halfpint

Hmm... I've given this one some thought, and these are the best I could come up with, assuming we'd have to carry all this with us or in a vehicle and be able to travel light. *

1.) LMT AR with a monolithic upper, 5.56mm -- 10.5" barrel and a KX3 for CQB / "indoor" social interaction, 16" barrel and a suppressor for precision work out to 600+. Eotech 516 and magnifier, Surefire g2 LED or similar compact light. One battery type, one VERY common round, and carrying an extra barrel instead of a second complete upper.

2.) Remington 870 shorty, 12ga -- 10" barrel as a back-up gun to the AR, plus it's light and handy. Keep a second barrel around and it would make a decent food-getter if need be.

3.) Springfield Operator or Kimber Warrior, .45 acp -- Classic 1911 layout, stripped to a bare frame with no tools. Can be threaded for a can, and have the option of throwing a .22LR conversion on it for practice or suppression. Light, mag-well, and some good grips . . . done.

4.) Glock 19, 9mm -- "legendary" (laugh) Glock reliability, parts commonality, ease of disassembly and cleaning. Fitted with a threaded barrel, with the option to convert to .22LR as well. Yet another common cartridge that I'm sure would be lying around if these weapons were ever needed for the purpose of this list.

--With a small pack and a good holster or two, the first four can be carried on my person with a minimum of fuss and added bulk.

5.) Savage TRR Mk2 -- Ditch the Accu-Trigger so there are fewer parts to break, thread it 1/2-28 for a can, and throw a 3-9x40 on it. Small game, close range 2-legged varmints, and shares ammo with the two pistol conversions.

*Also, morbid but true . . . since almost everybody here has said many of these would be on their list, ammo and spare parts would be somewhat common since there's a likely chance some of us wouldn't make it through a SHTF situation to the end. If I make it, great, if not I've become a handy ammunition supply for those that did.

:)

1. 1911 w/ can

2. 870 14-18" defense barrel, 26-28" hunting barrel, and rifled slug barrel also have shoulder stock and pistol grip to swap out

3. AR-15 with multiple uppers (.22LR, 5.56, 6.8, .458) and cans for each upper

4. Marlin 1894 .44mag

5. S&W 629 4-5"bbl

Guest Aces&8s

Like others have said before, a lot depends on the situation I find myself in, but my short list would be as follows, with what I currently have in parenthesis:

1. 12 gauge pump shotty (Remington 870)

2. .30-'06 bolt action rifle (Savage 110)

3. .22 LR rifle, semi-auto or bolt (Remington 597)

4. Carbine in either 5.56 or 7.62 (SKS)

5. 9mm pistol (of the one's I have, I would go with the Ruger P95 due to durability and reliability)

I think these would give me a broad range of choices, as well as the ability to scavenge ammo, should it come to that. A limit of five is hard to meet... it is hard to give up my .38 revolver and my 9mm carbine, and the 1911 I have yet to buy :D

with what i have in my possesion not including wuts in ( )

1. gp100 .357

2.ar15 with red dot(an magnifier an suppressor)

3.savage 308 bipod( 4.5-22x50 nightforce, suppressed)

4.10/22 suppressed an scope

5. mossberg 500

if i could pick anything

1.10.5 inch suppressed m16 .45

2.suppressed m16 6.8

3.barrett 50bmg semi with suppressor

4.beretta m9

5.rem 870

1) Rimfire Rifle (Ruger 10/22 is most popular I imagine... my choice was a .22lr conversion for my AR)

2) Semi-Auto Rifle (AR15, AK47, etc... I chose an AR15)

3) 1911 (or other precision .45... Sig P220 comes to mind as well)

4) Glock (or other double-stack 'utility' pistol chambered in a duty caliber such as 9mm or .40, Springfield Armory XD and S&W M&P series, for example)

5) 12ga Shotgun (pick your flavor... this should probably be higher on the list for most people but I'm one of those wierdos who prefers a pistol or SBR for home defense)

I'd have to go with

G17 (With plenty of spare mags)

1911 (me personally something small like a sc that I can conceal)

Ar (some semi auto rifle with the extras, ex. eotech, buis, good led light)

Good distance bolt gun (.308 with a mark IV)

last but not least a 22lr for varmint and fun!

Geeze.....how about the main 5 I already have and use....

Glock 26

Glock 19

AK

Mossy 500

Taurus PT 1911

Figure that's good enough for me and the wife to hold our ground at the house or IF we had to make a run, these are items we can carry easily with pleanty of ammo and mags...