What kind of dog people we got in here?

ShamGlock

A short-haired border collie/blue heeler(?) mix. Has lines, legs and body of the border collie, and the coloration and markings like the heelers. Sweet, lovable, hyperactive bundle of love. Rescued from the humane society when her owners couldn't handle her at 12 weeks old. Molly is 18 months now and still allows us to have a small portion of the bed at night.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....Cause they only live ten years or so....

Don't remind me, it crosses my mind every now and then and I know it will come one day but i don't know how I'll deal with it. He is just turning 3 on Monday so I got awhile still, but these 3 years have went by fast.

I lost my Shepard mix a few years ago and have a lab/chow that is 15 now, along with a mini dachshund thats 7 and Gracie thats 2 years old. It sucks to see them go but I keep getting them.

My boys rock.

Thru2-5-10028.jpg

Thru2-5-10085.jpg

Thru2-5-10086.jpg

Thru2-5-10025.jpg

Thru2-5-10094.jpg

The Shepherd is roughly 10, the yellow one is three. The yellow dog is a mutt, part Lab, part Pitt, possibly some Bulldog somewhere. Nice as can be, but dumb as a rock. :D:p

Both of mine were unofficial rescues. Found the German Shepherd hiding beneath my uncle's porch many, many years ago, the yellow dog was a puppy found in the Kroger parking lot.

Edited by 56FordGuy
  • Administrator
Dobies are such good dogs, if not a little... slow :). I need to post a pic of mine. Her ears aren't cropped though.

Ours is as dumb as a bag of hammers. :D

Thats a good looking dog David.

Thank you sir. He'd thank you too but he's sleeping off the burst of energy he burned running away from the doorbell earlier.

My dog, "Twiggy" would like to have your dogs baby's!

Twiggy has a better chance giving it to to Moose. :ugh:

Guest mosinon
The yellow dog is a mutt, part Lab, part Pitt, possibly some Bulldog somewhere. Nice as can be, but dumb as a rock. :D:p

Yeah but the yellow dog looks really cool. Looks like one of those super friendly dogs that would turn into a dealer of death if the situation required.

Yeah but the yellow dog looks really cool. Looks like one of those super friendly dogs that would turn into a dealer of death if the situation required.

Right after he was rescued (hand sized puppy in the parking lot), the vet called him a 'ticking time bomb' that would harm some human. Three years later, he's lying in a chair about 20 feet from me, and for him to harm someone, they would have to be inside my house. In that case, the dog may not be their biggest problem.

Tapper's my buddy. Dumb, sweet, and loyal. He loves to learn commands, and with the help of an electronic collar, he's really doing well. Once I moved out of downtown Nashville, he has lot of land to roam on, with supervision.

Guest mosinon
Right after he was rescued (hand sized puppy in the parking lot), the vet called him a 'ticking time bomb' that would harm some human. Three years later, he's lying in a chair about 20 feet from me, and for him to harm someone, they would have to be inside my house. In that case, the dog may not be their biggest problem.

Tapper's my buddy. Dumb, sweet, and loyal. He loves to learn commands, and with the help of an electronic collar, he's really doing well. Once I moved out of downtown Nashville, he has lot of land to roam on, with supervision.

Your vet told you that? That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Crap, it isn't hard to make a pit bull plenty friendly even if someone is hitting you with a tire iron. (pit bulls are really great dogs but tend to have really bad owners)

Not a big fan of the electronic collars, I've never been around a dog that didn't just need time and attention. Well, maybe once, there was a jack russell terrier that I swear had some kind of mental issues.

But that is just an opinion, I haven't been around every dog or anything. Go easy on Tapper and I'll bet you'll only have to worry about him being a ticking time bomb when you need him to go crazy.

Pitbull/Boxer Mix, Sampson I'll try to get a picture of him posted tomorrow. He's a big baby but the Comcast man had to come over the other day and his big baby personality totally changed into I need a lunchtime snack. Once I came out there and showed him he was alright to be in the house Sampson had a new best friend. I'm glad to know he has that very protective side of him though as I live with my Mom and little brother. I'm not home alot, so I trust Sampson to hold down the fort while I'm gone. He totally changed my Mom's anti Pitbull opinion.

We had a golden for 13 years. She was part of the family. The 2nd hardest thing I ever had to do was put her down...................

I've had to go through that myself, but my buddy was only 2.5 years old. But he went everywhere but work with me. Hardest thing I had to do when he got terminally sick.

Guest Todd@CIS

Dogsatthebeach.jpg

Two of my three (the male was a little fat at the time, an abused rescue that we were trying to put weight on...daddy went a little overboard).

Smartest damn dogs I've ever seen / had. We call them "veloci-dogs" (velociraptor referance-Jurrasic Park), because they sit, watch, plot, and figure stuff out.

If they had thumbs, they would take over the world.

Edited by Todd@CIS